Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Post by Lupara »

antimafia wrote:Two posts back, I posted a link that doesn’t work. Please try the following link instead:

https://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2020/02/20/ ... -au-quebec
Thanks. I did see that article but the video doesn't show up on my phone.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

CabriniGreen wrote:Actually, HOW accurate is this thing?

Where are the Augustino- Albanese people?
Or Francesco Arcadi? Tony Suzuki?

Who else is missing?
Good question. It doesn't include everyone such as Arcadi or Del Balso. All except one of the people under Rizzuto are Italians, so these may be the made members. Arcadi's cell back in the days included about 30 men and most of them were muscle. This most likely isn't the entire group, just its core members, leaving out the people who do the dirty work for them on the streets. I don't see any of these guys doing hits and collecting/enforcing. These are the higher-ups.
PogueMahone
Straightened out

Re: Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Post by PogueMahone »

Arcadi and Del Balso are included in thee diagram but are listed in a separate box in the bottom left corner for some reason.

Brunetti and Cazzetta, both HAs, also strangely enough featured.
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

Thanks for sharing the charts. The video works on my phone but not on my computer (it's very painful to watch on a phone so I pass). For the Calabrian faction, Mucci & Vannelli are in it with the sons of Gallo, yet I believed (but I may be wrong) that they were loyalist of the Rizzutos
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

motorfab wrote:Thanks for sharing the charts. The video works on my phone but not on my computer (it's very painful to watch on a phone so I pass). For the Calabrian faction, Mucci & Vannelli are in it with the sons of Gallo, yet I believed (but I may be wrong) that they were loyalist of the Rizzutos
I think most of these clans are now aligned with them. They are pictured at the center and are the largest group with the most significant names. It's interesting they consist of 19 members which corresponds with the size of the old Montreal Bonanno crew. But other members of the crew, such as Vanelli and Mucci are listed sepatately so it likely doesn't mean much.

Seeing these charts, it's clear that by far it doesn't include all the associates within the Montreal Mafia and even misses some significant names such as the Arcuris and Tony Suzuki. The Arcuris may be residing in Florida now.
Clark
Straightened out

Post by Clark »

Also it appears that there are no members of the Cotroni family on the chart.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

Also interesting that the Violis are considered one of the cells. It seems to indicate to me that what is happening in the Hamilton area can be linked to Montreal. They may have been the instigators of the power struggle in 2016 and then the Rizzuto group responded by hitting them back in Hamilton.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Clark wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:20 pm Also it appears that there are no members of the Cotroni family on the chart.
Didn’t a couple of French language articles Jedi are the Agostino/Albanesse clan was considered part of the Controni/Violi clan and say they were still paying still taxes the Violis in Hamilton?
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

NickleCity wrote:
Clark wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:20 pm Also it appears that there are no members of the Cotroni family on the chart.
Didn’t a couple of French language articles Jedi are the Agostino/Albanesse clan was considered part of the Controni/Violi clan and say they were still paying still taxes the Violis in Hamilton?
Correct. They were also linked to Montagna I believe.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

NickleCity wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:57 pm
Was it actually the Cotroni Violi clan?
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

CabriniGreen wrote:
According to that article they were originally linked to Cotroni and Violi.

Looking at that chart one can interpret what a mess Montreal has become with leftover crews. A shadow of its former self. So it's not so suprising mobsters from other places saw the opportunity to move in. I am suprised however that Leonardo, the lawyer, is now considered the leader.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:47 pm
TRANSLATION OF RELATIVE PORTIONS OF ARTICLES
Snip
...During the investigation, sources told La Presse that Domenico Agostino had directed a branch of the network which had paid taxes to the clan of the sons of Paolo Violi, of the Ontario mafia...
Snip
From the Cotroni
...According to police documents, the Agostino-Albanese were associates of the Calabrian clans of the Cotroni and the Violi, who ruled the Montreal mafia before being dethroned by the Sicilians (Rizzuto) in the early 1980s...
Snip

Link to above: https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/just ... accuse.php

Other cells

The Montreal Mafia has a few small cells that are less commonly heard but are well-attended.

Notably the Agostino-Albanese clan whose members were targeted in a recent tobacco smuggling investigation. According to our information, they allegedly paid a tax to the Violi clan, Ontario, whom they were loyal to at the time of the Calabrian rule in Montreal.

Another family is the Annunziata, whose sons would be very close to Liborio Cuntrera and Hells Angel Salvatore Cazzetta.

LINK TO ABOVE ARTICLE:
https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/enqu ... change.php
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

All this takes me back to Violis comment, " All the old barriers are gone, everyone works together now.."

And the standing question, did they know about the Scoppas intrigues? And I guess by extension, did the BONANNOS know about Scoppas moves? Did they sanction it?

Was Cece Luppino hit by Montreal as a warning to back off?

Was it the Scoppas who told Violi that Pat Musitanos days were numbered? Did they hit Angelo too?

How exactly does Hamilton figure in all this? Was Buffalo membership a way of legitimizing the Hamilton cosa nostra...
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Also, just speculating, but if the Bonnanos backed the Scoppas, what does, or what WOULD that mean for the standing g relations with the Rizzutos then?
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

I very much doubt the Scoppas had anything to do with the Musitanos. The Scoppas were too busy trying to consolidate their hold in Montreal to focus their attention elsewhere. There is no evidence of interaction between these groups.

The hits on the Musitanos and the hits on the Violis/Luppinos may not even be part of one conflict. Why would Pat Musitano use street gangs from Montreal to hit at the Luppinos? That is quite unusual.