HBO Doc. McMillions-Jerry Colombo and Uncle Dom

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Tonyd621
Full Patched

HBO Doc. McMillions-Jerry Colombo and Uncle Dom

Post by Tonyd621 »

If anybody has seen the new tv doc series Mcmillions... they mention a guy who by his wife (Robin) claimed was the third biggest profitable moneymaker for the mob and their family; al capone prohibition being 1st and Franzeses gas scam being 2nd-her words not mine.
They also discuss about a "godfather" they called Uncle Dominck, but one day he was gone, assume whacked. Anybody know any information on this Gennaro/Jerry Colombo and Uncle Dom character. I am interested to know more
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Re: HBO Doc. McMillions-Jerry Colombo and Uncle Dom

Post by Bklyn21 »

Tonyd621 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:02 pm If anybody has seen the new tv doc series Mcmillions... they mention a guy who by his wife (Robin) claimed was the third biggest profitable moneymaker for the mob and their family; al capone prohibition being 1st and Franzeses gas scam being 2nd-her words not mine.
They also discuss about a "godfather" they called Uncle Dominck, but one day he was gone, assume whacked. Anybody know any information on this Gennaro/Jerry Colombo and Uncle Dom character. I am interested to know more
I posted the link about 2 weeks ago written in the NY Post , When Is the HBO doc. Coming out ? I'd like to see it as well Since the ex cop who was in charge of the Monopoly game pieces operation and placing them got involved with Colombo thru a chance meeting at the Atlanta airport and how it was running for a long period until Colombo died and the cop was ratted out
Tony Monte
Straightened out

Post by Tony Monte »

2nd episode was just on Monday. It’s pretty good
Loggyboggy
Prospect

Post by Loggyboggy »

Bklyn21 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:05 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:02 pm If anybody has seen the new tv doc series Mcmillions... they mention a guy who by his wife (Robin) claimed was the third biggest profitable moneymaker for the mob and their family; al capone prohibition being 1st and Franzeses gas scam being 2nd-her words not mine.
I posted the link about 2 weeks ago written in the NY Post , When Is the HBO doc. Coming out ? I'd like to see it as well Since the ex cop who was in charge of the Monopoly game pieces operation and placing them got involved with Colombo thru a chance meeting at the Atlanta airport and how it was running for a long period until Colombo died and the cop was ratted out
The doc is already out. It's actually a miniseries, the first two episodes are out. Pretty interesting series, I'd recommend.
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

Damn I'm way behind , And not only on this . Alot of stuff I'm behind on
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Based on the second episode it was not a chance encounter at the airport. It actually began in the garment district. But I dont want to spoil it for you unless you ask.
Supposedly, they were tied to the Colombo and the wife is still alive which is interesting.
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

Tonyd621 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:07 pm
Based on the second episode it was not a chance encounter at the airport. It actually began in the garment district. But I dont want to spoil it for you unless you ask.
Supposedly, they were tied to the Colombo and the wife is still alive which is interesting.
I'm gonna try n watch it tonight
Uncle Pete
Straightened out

Post by Uncle Pete »

Very good show!
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Is colombo supposed to be related to the Colombo mob of Brooklyn?
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

There's a podcast made by the directors of McMillions as a sort-of companion series to the main show. In the second show, they interviewed Robin and it became clear that she didn't really know the difference between the "Colombo crime family" and the "Colombo family," as in Gennaro's actual blood family. Maybe I'm reading into it the wrong way, but the directors frequently ask her about what it was like living in the "Colombo crime family" and she talked about the strictness of Mr. and Mrs. Colombo (Gennaro's parents) and Gennaro's brother Frank, etc., etc. She didn't talk about the actual Colombo organized crime family.

There's the added fact, of course, that Gennaro and Robin both lived in South Carolina - never in New York. So perhaps Gennaro was only tied to the actual Colombo family, as in "Colombo crime family" soldiers Anthony & Joseph Colombo Jr., and associate Chris Colombo. That still makes him an associate of the Colombo crime family, but only through his cousins, Anthony & Joseph Jr., who were shelved during most of the 1990s.

This Uncle Dominick figure is weird, because they don't say specifically when he died - or was "whacked", but we know it was sometime in the late 1990s, because Robin had presumably married Gennaro when this happened. As far as I know, no "Dominicks" in the Colombo family died during the late 1990s. Were any known made "Dominicks" in the mob whacked during the late '90s?

It could all be horseshit by Robin.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Trident
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Trident »

gohnjotti wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:28 am There's a podcast made by the directors of McMillions as a sort-of companion series to the main show. In the second show, they interviewed Robin and it became clear that she didn't really know the difference between the "Colombo crime family" and the "Colombo family," as in Gennaro's actual blood family. Maybe I'm reading into it the wrong way, but the directors frequently ask her about what it was like living in the "Colombo crime family" and she talked about the strictness of Mr. and Mrs. Colombo (Gennaro's parents) and Gennaro's brother Frank, etc., etc. She didn't talk about the actual Colombo organized crime family.

There's the added fact, of course, that Gennaro and Robin both lived in South Carolina - never in New York. So perhaps Gennaro was only tied to the actual Colombo family, as in "Colombo crime family" soldiers Anthony & Joseph Colombo Jr., and associate Chris Colombo. That still makes him an associate of the Colombo crime family, but only through his cousins, Anthony & Joseph Jr., who were shelved during most of the 1990s.

This Uncle Dominick figure is weird, because they don't say specifically when he died - or was "whacked", but we know it was sometime in the late 1990s, because Robin had presumably married Gennaro when this happened. As far as I know, no "Dominicks" in the Colombo family died during the late 1990s. Were any known made "Dominicks" in the mob whacked during the late '90s?

It could all be horseshit by Robin.
Honestly the family members came across as bull shitters to me. Maybe they made up the name Dominick to protect the guys real identity, but these people seemed like they would have tried to connect this guy to John Gotti if they could.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

It does not make it entirely clear that "Uncle Dom" was whacked, seems likely. Maybe, they could be talking about Donnie Montemarano and then he "disappeared" because hes still alive? Maybe? Yes? No?
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Tonyd621 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:28 pm It does not make it entirely clear that "Uncle Dom" was whacked, seems likely. Maybe, they could be talking about Donnie Montemarano and then he "disappeared" because hes still alive? Maybe? Yes? No?
Montemarano was imprisoned in ‘86. He was released from prison in the late 1990s, can’t remember the exact year, and moved straight to California.

In the podcast, Colombo’s wife directly talks about Uncle Dominick’s funeral.

Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

gohnjotti wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:37 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:28 pm It does not make it entirely clear that "Uncle Dom" was whacked, seems likely. Maybe, they could be talking about Donnie Montemarano and then he "disappeared" because hes still alive? Maybe? Yes? No?
Montemarano was imprisoned in ‘86. He was released from prison in the late 1990s, can’t remember the exact year, and moved straight to California.

remember calling someone uncle doesn't actually mean he was a uncle , yeah I agree the wife sounded kinda sketchy in the documentary
was he related to Dominik catalado ?
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Stroccos wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:37 am
gohnjotti wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:37 pm

remember calling someone uncle doesn't actually mean he was a uncle , yeah I agree the wife sounded kinda sketchy in the documentary
was he related to Dominik catalado ?
Cataldo was my thought but he died in 1990 and Robin didn’t marry until like ‘97.