MAFIA

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

maxiestern11
Full Patched

Re: The New York Mafia

Post by maxiestern11 »

The Northeastern Pennsylvania - Pittston-Scranton Bufalino Family story coming soon...... stay tuned
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

The Northeastern Pennsylvania - Pittston-Scranton Bufalino Family story coming soon...... stay tuned
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

....COLOMBO WEEK:

Nicholas (Jiggs) Forlano
Carmine (The Snake) Persico
Enrico (Harry) Fontana
Dominick (Little Dom) Cataldo
Ferdinand (Freddy Red) DeLucia

NYTimes article: “exclusive” interview Anthony Accetturo aka “Tumac”...Mob defector says he lost his faith - 1994

Expanded photo galleries (lots of rare pics)

Part #4 - Carlo’s Cousins: The Shadowy Sicilian Connection .... I Fought the Law
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Here’s a teaser fella’s..... we’re almost done with a completely revised history of the Castellammare del Golfo Families, from approximately 1890 right on up to the year 2020.

Both their history across the United States, as well as their “current” status and “uomini d’onore” operating over there today!

And we’re not finished! This will be an ongoing project and labor of love that I will update from time to time as major events take place within the Trapani region.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

I’ll give ya a heads up when we post
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Hey Guys!

Wanted to give you an update on what we've got going on at our site this weekend! Check it out!

Maxie has completed a VERY EXTENSIVE update on the Castellammare del Golfo Cosca History with loads of pics and new information.....

Part 5 of our Cherry Hill Gambinos series focuses on Rosario's Turn in the Ring......

And coming very soon, an inside look at the Feds and the skeletons hiding in their closets ...
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

For those of you who have been waiting....Part 5 of The Cherry Hill Gambinos story is now live....

This week ... Rosario has his day in court...

https://theblackhand.club/john-gambino-part-5/
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

BONANNO WEEK:
Giuseppe Bonanno aka “Don Peppino”, “Joe Bananas”
Francesco Garofalo aka “Frankie Carroll”
Girolamo Asaro aka “Jerry”
Vincenzo Morsellino aka “Vincent Adamo”

....complimenting our Castellammare del Golfo Cosca History, these 4 Trapanese based mafiosi were pivotal to the Family. Both in Sicily, and more importantly later in the U.S.

So I thought it wise to also highlight them for the reader better follow along with the storyline.

Enjoy!
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Tonight, we here at Button Guys have a special Friday evening planned for all our fellow forum members.... we’re pulling out all stops and will be posting up numerous biographies of unique mafiosi throughout this evening that we know you’ll really enjoy reading about.

Some of whom you’ll immediately recognize. Others, were little known outside of the underworld...but all were pivotal to New York City Mafia history.

We start with an iconic mafioso named Giuseppe Magliocco. He had a very well-known name, but little was really ever known about his personal life or mafia career. Underboss to Joe Profaci for over 30 years, “Joe Malyoke” was one of the most successful mafioso to ever operate in this country!....

First up ..... “The Underboss”

https://theblackhand.club/giuseppe-magliocco/
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Switching gears from the Profaci/Magliocco/Colombo Family......We now go to the Gambino’s East New York, Brooklyn wing.

Anthony Ruggiano aka “Fat Andy”, was a young East New York street thief who became one of their most respected “Captains” in later years. From the mid-1960’s on, Andy was like a one-man mob hurricane, active in both New York and South Florida...... enjoy the story!

https://theblackhand.club/anthony-ruggiano/
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

And now a real treat.....Our next two mafiosi were never well known to the general public. But to the police who chased them and to their underworld cronies, each had a notorious reputation. Both were known as prolific gangsters (not racketeers) and deadly serious mafiosi.

And both were suspected of having done plenty of “work” in their day.

Next up.....Anthony (Tony) Carubia!

https://theblackhand.club/anthony-carubia/
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

And last but certainly not least in this evening’s special mobster lineup is Sicilian-born Gambino soldier - Antonio (Tony the Chief) Vanella..... a deadly
serious hoodlum and prolific gangster!

https://theblackhand.club/antonio-vanella/
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Hope you enjoyed reading about these fella's. I tried to choose a range of guys; Ruggiano who became very well known and of course Magliocco who was an original. And then the two Tony's; Carubia and Vanella, who although having notorious arrest records were still very much in the shadows to the general reading public.
------
If anyone out there has an old-time hood he'd like me to attempt to research, either name him on this thread or PM me and I'll see what I can do.

MS and I have a few more Bio's we'll be posting up in the next few weeks. Then we'll be switching our focus to some very interesting alternate subject matter about our favorite subject; organized crime. .......... over the last year, I've written biographies on over 325 mafia figures from all six NY-NJ Families. Many of whom were notorious, some not so much, and many "sleepers" as well. It's time to switch gears I think.

And since ALL roads lead back to The New York Mafia, we thought we'd venture out a bit knowing we'll end up back in The Big Apple. It's just the way it was and is!

PS: here's a bit of a teaser for you........ the next bio will be of a Joe Bonanno favorite during his long tenure, and a top mafioso for over fifty years who came in to save the day, and died with his boots off! ....... Something to think about.

......until next time, "Don" Maximiliano :)
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

And don't forget to clink-in and read MS's latest chapter of the Sicilian import's - The Gambino Brothers saga. Very enjoyable reading.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

If you have enough info on Sam Perrone, I’d love to see a bio on him! Feel free to use the photo I posted in the mugshots section.

I really enjoy the site! It’s refreshing to read about the lesser known members!