Bombs&Mobsters

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Bombs&Mobsters

Post by B. »

When Sam Mannarino cooperated, he told the FBI that bombs were already banned prior to the Cavallaro murder.

Curious where Cavallaro belonged at the time of his death. He was originally a Pittsburgh member who transferred to the Gambino family, then at the time of his death was believed by a couple of sources to be with the Cleveland family but haven't seen anything definitive. Did he move to NYC like Gentile when he transferred? I believe he was in Youngstown by the 1940s.
roydemeo
Straightened out

Post by roydemeo »

Villain wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:48 pm The Chi crowd bombed at least a dozen of their victims...Bioff, Covelli, Barbe etc., and they also bombed many houses and cars
Can you give me the infos on this bombing?
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

roydemeo wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:37 am
Villain wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:48 pm The Chi crowd bombed at least a dozen of their victims...Bioff, Covelli, Barbe etc., and they also bombed many houses and cars
In 1955 Bioff was blown literally to pieces in Arizona, same as Covelli who was also blown to pieces in 1967. Previously or in 1964 Barbe survied the bomb. These examples are just from the top of my head, since I have to go through my work regarding the rest of the bombings
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Villain wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:59 am
In 1955 Bioff was blown literally to pieces in Arizona, same as Covelli who was also blown to pieces in 1967. Previously or in 1964 Barbe survied the bomb. These examples are just from the top of my head, since I have to go through my work regarding the rest of the bombings
There was that guy in Family Secrets they blew up on the highway. Forget his name, he was some businessman they were extorting.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Ivan wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:05 am
There was that guy in Family Secrets they blew up on the highway. Forget his name, he was some businessman they were extorting.
Yeah i belive there was a case like that one also and additional few during the so-called chop shop wars i think...im currently not at home so im unable to check it out. During the old days they also bombed a dozen of houses, such as the one on Judge Sbarbaro, Mafia member Joe Mendinos house and also the attempted bombing of one state secretary (Ivkovich or something like that) at the time which was allegedly unsanctioned and ordered by Jimmy Catuara...they even bombed the car of Patrick's daughter whose father became an informant....
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

UTC wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:29 pm
sdeitche wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:13 am May 11, 1973 - Anthony "Pico" Lopez, Tampa mob associate. Not killed but leg damage from car bomb planted by Sam Cagnina.
Hey Scott, what was the apparent cause of this, if known?
Had to do with drugs. Lopez robbed drug from a dealer aligned with another mob associate Blakcie Llerandi. He hired Cagnina to bomb Lopez. Another person suspected of involvement in the bombing was Miguel Munoz. He was shot and killed in Jan 1974 by Lopez's nephew. PIco later testified against his nephew, in 1979, to avoid a long prison sentence for narcotics.
roydemeo
Straightened out

Post by roydemeo »

Villain wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:40 am
Yeah i belive there was a case like that one also and additional few during the so-called chop shop wars i think...im currently not at home so im unable to check it out. During the old days they also bombed a dozen of houses, such as the one on Judge Sbarbaro, Mafia member Joe Mendinos house and also the attempted bombing of one state secretary (Ivkovich or something like that) at the time which was allegedly unsanctioned and ordered by Jimmy Catuara...they even bombed the car of Patrick's daughter whose father became an informant....
https://gangsterreport.com/the-chop-sho ... y-fashion/

I round the deads list:all gunned down no one blowed away.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

roydemeo wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:56 am
Villain wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:40 am
https://http://theblackhand.club//the-c ... y-fashion/

I round the deads list:all gunned down no one blowed away.
If you are talking about the chop shop wars, well maybe you missed the ones on Walter Wellington and Harry Carlson...
Ed
Straightened out

Post by Ed »

In the 1950s and early 1960s, the Milwaukee LCN (Frank Balistieri most likely) used bombs to blowup property or kill associates that defied the leadership.

I recall the Los Angeles LCN bombed the home of Jewish rival Mickey Cohen and some others for not playing ball.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

They were supposed to stop using bombs after the killing of that guys son by accident, but that was out the window in the attempt to kill Gotti by bomb where Frank DeCiccio was killed instead.
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

Cesare Manzella (Cinisi Boss) during the First Mafia War in 1963 to add to the list.
roydemeo
Straightened out

Post by roydemeo »

June 30, 1978 - Augie Palmisano – Headstrong Brewtown mob capo that got into several heated and public verbal altercations with don Frank Balistrieri in the years preceding his passing, Palmisano, 49, was blown to pieces by a car bomb that detonated in the underground garage of his trendy apartment building on the morning of June 30, 1978. Balistrieri, who also suspected Palmisano of being an FBI informant.

Ray Ryan (1977) – Millionaire businessman, oil tycoon, gambling junkie and Chicago mob associate, Ryan was blown up in a car bomb in the parking lot of his Evansville, Indiana health club. Ryan had testified against Caifano in an extortion case and had tried to bribe his way out of a murder contract upon Caifano’s release from prison.

Joe Testa (1981) – The Chicago mob “money man” and wealthy builder and land developer was blown up in a car bomb in the parking lot of his Florida country club after he butted heads with Caifano over a business deal gone bad in which Caifano concluded that Testa owed him 2 million dollars. Testa continually resisted attempts by Caifano to collect, according to FBI records, even seeking a sitdown with Tony Accardo to no avail.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

There were at least two attempted bombings of Joey Merlino by the Stanfa faction. They put a bomb under his car and one in his trash can. Neither of them went off. Imagine how different Philly would look if they had.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

roydemeo wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:20 am June 30, 1978 - Augie Palmisano – Headstrong Brewtown mob capo that got into several heated and public verbal altercations with don Frank Balistrieri in the years preceding his passing, Palmisano, 49, was blown to pieces by a car bomb that detonated in the underground garage of his trendy apartment building on the morning of June 30, 1978. Balistrieri, who also suspected Palmisano of being an FBI informant.

Ray Ryan (1977) – Millionaire businessman, oil tycoon, gambling junkie and Chicago mob associate, Ryan was blown up in a car bomb in the parking lot of his Evansville, Indiana health club. Ryan had testified against Caifano in an extortion case and had tried to bribe his way out of a murder contract upon Caifano’s release from prison.

Joe Testa (1981) – The Chicago mob “money man” and wealthy builder and land developer was blown up in a car bomb in the parking lot of his Florida country club after he butted heads with Caifano over a business deal gone bad in which Caifano concluded that Testa owed him 2 million dollars. Testa continually resisted attempts by Caifano to collect, according to FBI records, even seeking a sitdown with Tony Accardo to no avail.
Yeah i forgot about Ryan.....you can also add the 1975 bombing of Louis Bombacino and also the 76 bombing of news reporter Don Bolles
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

Villain wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:04 pm
roydemeo wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:20 am June 30, 1978 - Augie Palmisano – Headstrong Brewtown mob capo that got into several heated and public verbal altercations with don Frank Balistrieri in the years preceding his passing, Palmisano, 49, was blown to pieces by a car bomb that detonated in the underground garage of his trendy apartment building on the morning of June 30, 1978. Balistrieri, who also suspected Palmisano of being an FBI informant.

Yeah i forgot about Ryan.....you can also add the 1975 bombing of Louis Bombacino and also the 76 bombing of news reporter Don Bolles
The Don Bolles one gets a little weird. Not sure that one would fall in this category.

And I just realized that we haven't mentioned Kansas City and St Louis yet. That's a whole bunch.