Question for the Boston Experts

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Question for the Boston Experts

Post by B. »

Seems likely to me. I haven't seen any indication on when he was made, but he was identified as a captain by 1989. EDIT: Sonny Mercurio ID'd DiGiacomo as a captain by October 1988.

A 1991 edition of Law Enforcement News (published by CUNY) stated that Biagio DiGiacomo is the son of a Sicilian Mafioso who was murdered in a "Mafia feud." This fits with his 1990 indictment, which states that he is not likely to return to Sicily given his family's involvement in a conflict there, oddly enough between his relatives and relatives of his wife. Among those who were allowed to visit him upon being granted bail were his immigration sponsor Maria Buscemi and her husband Raimondo. Maria's maiden name was Caramazza, the same maiden name as DiGiacomo's wife. Raimondo Buscemi's obituary refers to Biagio DiGiacomo as his brother-in-law, so DiGiacomo is related to Buscemis from Aragona through marriage.
Last edited by B. on Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

B. wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:31 pm Seems likely to me. I haven't seen any indication on when he was made, but he was identified as a captain by 1989.

A 1991 edition of Law Enforcement News (published by CUNY) stated that Biagio DiGiacomo is the son of a Sicilian Mafioso who was murdered in a "Mafia feud." This fits with his 1990 indictment, which states that he is not likely to return to Sicily given his family's involvement in a conflict there, oddly enough between his relatives and relatives of his wife. Among those who were allowed to visit him upon being granted bail were his immigration sponsor Maria Buscemi and her husband Raimondo. Maria's maiden name was Caramazza, the same maiden name as DiGiacomo's wife. Raimondo Buscemi's obituary refers to Biagio DiGiacomo as his brother-in-law, so DiGiacomo is related to Buscemis from Aragona through marriage.
Very very interesting. The Buscemi, DiGiacomo, Galluzzo and Seminerio families in Rockford are all related either by blood or marriage and all are from Aragona. Alberto "Bino" Seminerio of Rockford was described by the FBI as "tied to a Sicilian Mafia family." Now, which family that is, I don't know. This whole Rockford group started importing/distributing narcotics in northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin starting in 1980 and they expanded throughout the 1980s doing this with the help of Buffalo, Boston, Canada, etc. like I mentioned earlier. It seems Buscemi was heading up things on his end by calling and contacting people in all these other cities.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

You mentioned a Salvatore DiGiacomo in Rockford -- there is a Salvatore and Giuseppina DiGiacomo listed as potential visitors pending Biagio's bail. The list of names states that everyone is a relative, neighbor, or friend. No indication if they are local or not.

Biagio DiGiacomo himself is on Facebook (of course) but there isn't much to take from it beyond him maintaining connections to Aragonesi in the US and Sicily, which itself might be significant info about his history.
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

B. wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:54 pm You mentioned a Salvatore DiGiacomo in Rockford -- there is a Salvatore and Giuseppina DiGiacomo listed as potential visitors pending Biagio's bail. The list of names states that everyone is a relative, neighbor, or friend. No indication if they are local or not.

Biagio DiGiacomo himself is on Facebook (of course) but there isn't much to take from it beyond him maintaining connections to Aragonesi in the US and Sicily, which itself might be significant info about his history.
All the Rockford DiGiacomos from Rockford were from Aragona and FBI files noted they distributed narcotics through their pizzerias, among a couple dozen others. No doubt their importation and distribution went through Biagio in Boston and the surrounding region there.
roydemeo
Straightened out

Post by roydemeo »

Any infos for An update chart?