General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by Wiseguy »

Slumpy wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:12 pm That would have been, what? 2004, 2005ish? For all we know they could still be kicking up?
What's interesting is, in the 2013 indictment below, the feds refer to "the Rizzuto and Bonanno crime families," i.e. implying they are separate organizations now.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edny/pr/ca ... d-mexica-0
All roads lead to New York.
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

I always thought they'd stopped giving envelopes after the murder of Sciascia in 99
Slumpy
Straightened out

Post by Slumpy »

That's what the Sixth Family insinuates and what I believed for years.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

This might be a dumb question....but why don’t some of the New York families send satellite crews to cities that formerly had a Cosa Nostra presence but no longer do? I assume there is still money to be made in places like Pittsburgh, Scranton, Cleveland, Youngstown. Or even places that never really had much of a mob presence like Atlanta or Baltimore?
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:44 pm This might be a dumb question....but why don’t some of the New York families send satellite crews to cities that formerly had a Cosa Nostra presence but no longer do? I assume there is still money to be made in places like Pittsburgh, Scranton, Cleveland, Youngstown. Or even places that never really had much of a mob presence like Atlanta or Baltimore?
One reason is those cities have changed so much they probably just can't, if a crew went to Baltimore and tried to start booking bets people would call the police on them. In Atlanta I don't think they had anything much there in the old days, and they would stand out too much. Also today a lot of members have jobs or own a business, to leave it to go to another city would not be worth it.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:44 pm This might be a dumb question....but why don’t some of the New York families send satellite crews to cities that formerly had a Cosa Nostra presence but no longer do? I assume there is still money to be made in places like Pittsburgh, Scranton, Cleveland, Youngstown. Or even places that never really had much of a mob presence like Atlanta or Baltimore?
You need to have corruption firmly established in advance. People who don't live in those Cities would be at a tremendous disadvantage in order to establish those kind of relationships (IMO).
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Gabagool718
Straightened out

Post by Gabagool718 »

Confederate wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:57 pm
You need to have corruption firmly established in advance. People who don't live in those Cities would be at a tremendous disadvantage in order to establish those kind of relationships (IMO).
There’s still a few made guys in those towns wheeling and dealing just no longer part of a structured borgata so why couldn’t some connections could be made through them
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Gabagool718 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:17 pm
There’s still a few made guys in those towns wheeling and dealing just no longer part of a structured borgata so why couldn’t some connections could be made through them
How do you know if a few left over guys are wheeling & dealing in a particular city?
If it was that easy for New York to send a crew of guys to St. Louis & be successful, then I guess they would have already done it. Since they haven't done it, that's your answer. :)
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Gabagool718
Straightened out

Post by Gabagool718 »

Confederate wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:27 pm
How do you know if a few left over guys are wheeling & dealing in a particular city?
If it was that easy for New York to send a crew of guys to St. Louis & be successful, then I guess they would have already done it. Since they haven't done it, that's your answer. :)
Lmao Missiouri Bro? Come on obviously that’s a stretch.. but places like Tampa NE Pennsylvania and even Pittsburgh would be fairly easy to tap into.. shit I would bet theres satellite crews operating low key in those spots as we speak ..
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Gabagool718 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:46 pm
Confederate wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:27 pm
Lmao Missiouri Bro? Come on obviously that’s a stretch.. but places like Tampa NE Pennsylvania and even Pittsburgh would be fairly easy to tap into.. shit I would bet theres satellite crews operating low key in those spots as we speak ..
Yeah, and your grandma is the boss, followed by your mom the underboss lol they are so strong, they even have satellite crews on the moon, constantly "wheeling and dealing" lol
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

WARNING HAS BEEN ISSUED TO GABAGOOL718 - OTHERS MAY FOLLOW.
Know which Game to Play
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

The other day I was looking at the Valachi charts and seeing on the "Evolution Of Gangs Control" chart, I remembered that between Genovese & Costello there is "Chee Gusae". It would be phonetics and the guy would have died in 1936 or 1937. I always wondered who it could be. Did he really exist? What are the theories about him? (the question maybe sucks, but at least you will stop arguing :mrgreen: )
RicoJames_93
Honorary Member

Post by RicoJames_93 »

Hi guys,

I've got a question regarding Dominick "Quiet Dom" Cirillo's background.
Many sources (including Wikipedia) identify his father as Alphonse Cirillo :

Cirillo was born in East Harlem on July 4, 1929 to Colombo crime family caporegime of Neapolitan-Italian Alphonse Cirillo who served as a made man under Joseph Magliocco when it was the Profaci crime family. Alphonse was a first generation Italian-American immigrant from Potenza, Basilicata, Italy. In 1961, his father Alphonse was implicated in the attempted murder of Lawrence Gallo, a brother of fellow Profaci crime family soldier Joseph Gallo. Alphonse, Carmine Persico and Salvatore D'Ambrosio were the suspected attempted murderers, but Gallo refused to cooperate and no one was charged in the attack. His father died of unknown causes sometime before 1963 but was later made infamous after he was one of the hundreds of organized crime figures named in the testimony of mob turncoat Joseph Valachi. His father Alphonse through his lifetime had succeeded in never being arrested for a single criminal act except for "criminally receiving" as an early 1960s era organized crime mob family chart had stated

However, this link https://www.pinterest.fr/pin/672443788089234714/ states this :

Colombo soldier Alphonse Cirillo (1930-1959). He was a cousin of the Persicos. Sources online claim he was the father of Genovese powerhouse Dominick Cirillo, but that seems impossible because they were born around the same time. Alphonse died in 1959, his circumstances of death seem to be a bit of a mystery.

This NY Times article from 1973 mentions a Alphone Cirillo born in 1930 : https://www.nytimes.com/1973/07/28/arch ... -here.html

The same Alphonse Cirillo is also mentionned on a 1983 Organized Crime Hearings report as a Colombo soldier born 07/15/1930 with the same Criminal Record number listed on the Valachi charts.

It's kind of confusing ... maybe the Alphonse mentionned on the Valachi charts is Dominick's brother ?
Anyone can clarify this subject ?

Thanks !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

NO connection or relationship whatsoever ok! None!!
Only the Cirillo surname which is very common
RicoJames_93
Honorary Member

Post by RicoJames_93 »

maxiestern11 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:23 pm NO connection or relationship whatsoever ok! None!!
Only the Cirillo surname which is very common
Thx for the answer.