Penissi and the size of the Luccheses today

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Re: Penissi and the size of the Luccheses today

Post by johnny_scootch »

Staten Island kids call it baby Brooklyn and they aren't wrong in some regards. All the families have guys on the Island but if you go all the way back wasn't it originally Profaci's turf? (Wasn't trying to quote Mobsters it just came out like that)
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

johnny_scootch wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:26 pm Staten Island kids call it baby Brooklyn and they aren't wrong in some regards. All the families have guys on the Island but if you go all the way back wasn't it originally Profaci's turf? (Wasn't trying to quote Mobsters it just came out like that)
Correct. Always .... and the D’Alessio brothers for Anastasia
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:31 pm It seems the Gambinos have traditionally had the biggest presence on Staten Island. Wouldn't be surprised if that was still the case.
How many crews do they have in si?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

TommyGambino wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:14 am
Wiseguy wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:31 pm It seems the Gambinos have traditionally had the biggest presence on Staten Island. Wouldn't be surprised if that was still the case.
How many crews do they have in si?
I don't know. Just looking at the past, they seem to have had the most activity there.
All roads lead to New York.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

it seems the bonanno's are really as active almost like gambino's and genovese's according to indictments, they are big both in staten island and queens, with crews also in brooklyn, manhattan and bronx, sure bigger than lucchese and colombo
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

Rocco wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:05 am
Philly d wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:01 pm
Rocco wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:50 am
Philly d wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:29 pm the pernas and taccettas are cousins right?
Yes. Also related to the Ricciardi's.
Thanks. I thought so (on both). When Tommy flipped did he give alot up on the Pernas?
yes he rolled on everyone. perna and taccettas went back to Brooklyn and tommy was on his own with his crew when they all got picked up. tumac was in jail already
thanks rocco.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

maxiestern11 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:06 pm
johnny_scootch wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:26 pm Staten Island kids call it baby Brooklyn and they aren't wrong in some regards. All the families have guys on the Island but if you go all the way back wasn't it originally Profaci's turf? (Wasn't trying to quote Mobsters it just came out like that)
Correct. Always .... and the D’Alessio brothers for Anastasia
Could you call Staten Island anybody’s “turf?” I dont think you could, at least I don’t think you could call it the Colombo family’s turf. They’ve never had a major independent presence there - historically, it was mostly overlap from Brooklyn, which goes for all families.

Charlie Moose was the longtime captain of that crew IIRC. John Pate was the last known “Staten Island”-based captain that I can recall until Joey Amato stepped onto the scene in the early-to-mid 2010s.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Targenmantarian
Straightened out

Post by Targenmantarian »

There's a direct link to Little Italy and Bensonshurst emptying and Staten Island growing.

There's more guys from Mulberry Street on Tottenville than on Mott. Same with the Hurst and the Bronx too I'm sure.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

gohnjotti wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:03 pm
Could you call Staten Island anybody’s “turf?”
These days you couldn't but before the bridge opened in '64 Staten Island was like another world compared to Brooklyn or Manhattan, truly the forgotten borough and absolutely nothing like it is today. I do believe it was considered to be under the auspices of Joe Profaci back then.
pauliesi
Associate

Post by pauliesi »

Didnt Meatballs say the westside still had at least 20-30 members on a wire and that was in 2003? I think Johnny Boy was on the money.. Nothing left Boobsie slept with his GF Deana for years and that was his skipper..
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

I don't recall that but if he did say it then I have no clue what Aparo would be referring to. Genovese have always been estimated at around 200 or more members.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

pauliesi wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:49 pm Didnt Meatballs say the westside still had at least 20-30 members on a wire and that was in 2003? I think Johnny Boy was on the money.. Nothing left Boobsie slept with his GF Deana for years and that was his skipper..
The context of the conversation was how many guys they had that were shooters. Aparo said, "We got thirty, forty guys". He wasn't referring to total members.
All roads lead to New York.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

pauliesi wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:49 pm Didnt Meatballs say the westside still had at least 20-30 members on a wire and that was in 2003? I think Johnny Boy was on the money.. Nothing left Boobsie slept with his GF Deana for years and that was his skipper..
:lol: :lol: