Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

TommyGambino
Full Patched

Re: 2020

Post by TommyGambino »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:19 pm
TommyGambino wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:58 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:03 pm
TommyGambino wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:05 pm Isn't roccaforte out anyway? Bet he's next in line to take over that crew, him and Trucchio were life long friends and Trucchio extorted his little brother Frank apparently, lol a real piece of shit by the sounds of it
Whats another name for paying 'tribute'?
Extortion. You say Potato...

The admin 'extorts' its Capo's, Capo's 'extort' soldiers, soldiers... etc etc.
I dont know if this is such the huge deal its made out to be.

Also do you have info on where Capeci said Truc was beat up etc?
Who knows what the full story is. Capeci said in GL that word was he got beat up in jail, then he hinted in another recently, the one about trucchio and corozzo being at the same halfway house that trucchio was was in pc for a month
I just think getting 'beat up' doesnt mean anything, in terms of contributing to his getting shelved (if that's the case). He gets jumped by 10 black guys in the showers, gets 'beat up'. He going to get shelved basis that?

I just havent seen any reason to warrant an 'up and coming star', young incredibly successful Capo whos done time and whos old man has done TIME for the family getting benched because he responded to an insult from an unmade guy, requested tribute from an unmade guy and got into a fight in prison.
You think that's enough to get a guy with his resume shelved?

And Im not saying he's not shelved. Im saying I havent seen a reason to warrant it.
It was wiseguys that beat him up apparently, wasn't a fight, who knows the full reason why he was shelved but he cleary was, not sure why you still think he may not have been. I remember when a couple of people called it on bb then a year later capeci confirmed all of it. Anyway if he really did pc up then his reputation is done
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

roydemeo wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:08 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:20 pm
NJShore4Life wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:53 pm Damion Canalichio getting out this month in Philly too I’ve heard.
Good post. Cheers.
Not so soon.

Name: DAMION CANALICHIO

Register Number: 51303-066

Race: White
Sex: Male

Release Date: 12/21/2020

Located At: FCI Danbury
No, word is he gets out later this month due to a program he participated in while away.
roydemeo
Straightened out

Post by roydemeo »

NJShore4Life wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:18 am
roydemeo wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:08 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:20 pm
NJShore4Life wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:53 pm Damion Canalichio getting out this month in Philly too I’ve heard.
Good post. Cheers.
Not so soon.

Name: DAMION CANALICHIO

Register Number: 51303-066

Race: White
Sex: Male

Release Date: 12/21/2020

Located At: FCI Danbury
No, word is he gets out later this month due to a program he participated in while away.
Tell it to to the inmate locator,not to me.
Gabagool718
Straightened out

Post by Gabagool718 »

According to his wife’s Facebook he will be home end of month
Targenmantarian
Straightened out

Post by Targenmantarian »

If you get halfway house time it's not reflected on your release date. You're still doing your sentence but you're home.
CapoDeiCapi
Associate

Post by CapoDeiCapi »

Ivan wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:09 pm
CapoDeiCapi wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:02 pm Serious question.... Where are you people getting your information from? News reports? I mean seriously.
We've been doing this for 20+ years, too. :mrgreen:
Doing what for 20+ years, listening to reports and reading articles?
roydemeo
Straightened out

Post by roydemeo »

roydemeo wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:04 am Also Anthony “Ant” Staino/58 (IP/2/17/2020) – South Jersey and South Philly capo.

https://aboutthemafia.com/anthony-stain ... illy-mafia

Anthony Staino Jr is a free man but he is still part of the Philly Mafia?

Anthony Staino Jr was recently released from a halfway house after completing his full sentence on federal charges according to mob expert Dave Schratwieser.

He is back on the streets free and clear but is he still part of the Philadelphia Mafiafamily? Staino and several other Philly Mafia leaders including then-boss Joseph Ligambi, underboss Joseph Massimino, and capos Joseph Licata and George Borgesiwere hit with racketeering conspiracy charges back in 2011. The case was built around an illegal gambling operation that controlled a network of poker machines throughout Philadelphia. Anthony was also caught trying to extort money from an undercover FBI agent posing as a corrupt businessman. In 2013 a jury was deadlocked on various charges but Staino decided against taking the risks of a retrial. He was found guilty of extortion and agreed to also plead guilty to a racketeering conspiracy charge and two gambling charges. He was sentenced to 8 years behind bars for racketeering and extortion.
When Anthony Staino Jr went away he was a powerful South Philadelphia capo that had once served as underboss under his close friend and confidant Joe Ligambi. But a lot has changed on the streets of Philly while he was away. Ligambi is now at least semi-retired and Joey Merlino is back on the streets and believed to be in full control. The Cosa Nostra families day to day operations are being handled by either Michael Lancelotti or Borgesi in a street boss capacity.

The current mafia in Philadelphia also seems to be a very top-heavy organization that seemingly left Staino in an odd man out kind of situation. There would seem to be no room for him to step back into things as a captain and without Ligambi out of the top spot he no longer has any real leverage. Those currently in charge don’t exactly hold Staino in as high a regard as the Ligambi faction once did. There were rumors that he may have been put on the shelf by Merlino upon his return but according to Schratwieser, that isn’t the case.

Instead, those close to Staino are saying that he simply wants to move on with his life according to Dave. So it seems that Staino’s career in the mafia has come to an end at least as far as we know. He once bragged about being or organized crimefamilies “CFO” and part of its “board of directors” but when it comes to the modern-day mob things change rather quickly.
Southshore88
Straightened out

Post by Southshore88 »

Saw that Al Trucchio finished his sentence 2/23 - is he now out of his halfway house?

Will be very interesting to watch him now that he’s out of prison. While Monk was named Capo of his old crew when Al was inside, he appeared to be the real deal before starting his sentence. He’s definitely been someone I’ve always found among the most interesting guys to follow in the Gambino family.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Southshore88 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:13 pm Saw that Al Trucchio finished his sentence 2/23 - is he now out of his halfway house?

Will be very interesting to watch him now that he’s out of prison. While Monk was named Capo of his old crew when Al was inside, he appeared to be the real deal before starting his sentence. He’s definitely been someone I’ve always found among the most interesting guys to follow in the Gambino family.
Before he was busted he was a rising star in the family and seemed to be well respected. Im not sure what is status is now he's free. Maybe the issue with Joseph Corozzo will get straightened out.
Southshore88
Straightened out

Post by Southshore88 »

JohnnyS wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:29 pm
Southshore88 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:13 pm Saw that Al Trucchio finished his sentence 2/23 - is he now out of his halfway house?

Before he was busted he was a rising star in the family and seemed to be well respected. Im not sure what is status is now he's free. Maybe the issue with Joseph Corozzo will get straightened out.
I remember reading a recent GL that Nicky and Al were in the same halfway house - is Nick C. also free or is he still completing his sentence. Another little wrinkle for the Gambino leadership in 2020.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Southshore88 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:33 pm

I remember reading a recent GL that Nicky and Al were in the same halfway house - is Nick C. also free or is he still completing his sentence. Another little wrinkle for the Gambino leadership in 2020.
IIRC he was released in November.
Southshore88
Straightened out

Post by Southshore88 »

JohnnyS wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:41 pm

That rings a bell - thanks. Have read that he is a dyed in the wool gangster so will see how long it takes for him to be indicted again.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Southshore88 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:50 pm
JohnnyS wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:41 pm

That rings a bell - thanks. Have read that he is a dyed in the wool gangster so will see how long it takes for him to be indicted again.
Oh yeah I dont see Nick Corozzo retiring. He'll be in the life until his last breathe. It will be interesting to see where he falls in the family pecking order he obviously had a lot of power before he went inside Nick Stefanelli said on a wire that Corozzo was running things at one point but even when he was in the can he seemed to still have power and his close friend Lenny DiMaria was close to John Gambino. felice had info saying he held a high rank and going off the 2010 Philly meeting transcripts he even had a say on admin changes.
Griz23
Straightened out

Post by Griz23 »

I also would be surprised to see Corozzo step away. He seems to be a mafia guy through and through. It will be interesting to see where he stands with Cali dead and the Zips seeming to be in control of the family for awhile.
Southshore88
Straightened out

Post by Southshore88 »

Griz23 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:17 pm I also would be surprised to see Corozzo step away. He seems to be a mafia guy through and through. It will be interesting to see where he stands with Cali dead and the Zips seeming to be in control of the family for awhile.
The death of Cali still has implications for future admin positions and look forward to learning if that gives the non-Sicilian faction a chance to take advantage of that opening.