General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Targenmantarian
Straightened out

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by Targenmantarian »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:04 pm Most, if not all, of Chicago guys were made without an actual ceremony. A lot of the DeCavalcante guys didn't go through the traditional ceremony until Gotti found out and made them go through it again. For a long time the Bonannos didn't use a traditional ceremony either. I guess you could count them as incomplete ceremonies.

Pogo
In Chicago they'd just tell you one day at a dinner right?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

From what I understand yes.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Targenmantarian
Straightened out

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:41 pm From what I understand yes.

Pogo
Has Chicago made anyone in the last 20 years? Or are they basically closed up? I didn't see any made guys in their 30s or 40s there.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Targenmantarian wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:17 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:04 pm Most, if not all, of Chicago guys were made without an actual ceremony. A lot of the DeCavalcante guys didn't go through the traditional ceremony until Gotti found out and made them go through it again. For a long time the Bonannos didn't use a traditional ceremony either. I guess you could count them as incomplete ceremonies.

Pogo
In Chicago they'd just tell you one day at a dinner right?
Basically the answer is, YES. It was really more determined by a guy's position within a Crew and who he was with at the time. If a guy was with somebody of importance and was then put in charge of something like in a "manager" role with guys now working under him, then you could probably consider him to be "Made". One could also be a definite member of the Outfit but not automatically a "Made" member of the National LCN. Case in point, guys like Murray Humphreys, Gus Alex, Ralph Pierce etc.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Targenmantarian wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:54 pm

Pogo
Has Chicago made anyone in the last 20 years? Or are they basically closed up? I didn't see any made guys in their 30s or 40s there.
They are still a viable small Family "Running on Fumes" according to the F.B.I. There could have been a couple guys made in the last 20 years?
Let's put it this way, there certainly wasn't a huge recruitment effort.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Targenmantarian
Straightened out

Confederate wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:08 pm
Targenmantarian wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:54 pm

Pogo
They are still a viable small Family "Running on Fumes" according to the F.B.I. There could have been a couple guys made in the last 20 years?
Let's put it this way, there certainly wasn't a huge recruitment effort.
NYC
Philly
Even NE

You know some new people are in.

You can see recent and relatively young guys.

I've tried to find anything on Chicago. Couldn't singe the 90s.
RicoJames_93
Honorary Member

Post by RicoJames_93 »

The question was maybe already asked but I try my luck :

Who was the real life inspiration for Sonny LoSpecchio in A Bronx Tale ?
Who was the family/capo in charge of Belmont, Bronx in the 60's ?

Thanks !
IrishDave
Straightened out

Post by IrishDave »

I remember watching something on YouTube about him. To me it seemed like a bunch of B.S. Also, if i recall correctly, the movie was based on New England and story's from Chazz Palmateri' s college roommate.
RicoJames_93
Honorary Member

Post by RicoJames_93 »

IrishDave wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:30 am I remember watching something on YouTube about him. To me it seemed like a bunch of B.S. Also, if i recall correctly, the movie was based on New England and story's from Chazz Palmateri' s college roommate.
Thanks man.
I just found an article which said : Sonny, a blending of three real-life people Palminteri knew growing up so it’s not based on a person in particular.
Still might be interesting to find out who were the heavyweights in Belmont at that time.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Deff good question. Bronx Tale is touring rn. I will be seeing it in Detroit not this Tuesday but next Tuesday. This time it's a musical...

https://youtu.be/IfblQ8aqCK0

That's a quick interview w Palmeteri where he says it's about his family and his dad was bus driver.

There is a sequel to this that iv never seen and want to. Jimmy whispers returns to the Bronx. (Or possibly returns to mulberry st)

But I am assuming that Sonny was possibly Lucchese family.... What do we know about Belmont Ave???
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:46 pm Deff good question. Bronx Tale is touring rn. I will be seeing it in Detroit not this Tuesday but next Tuesday. This time it's a musical...

That's a quick interview w Palmeteri where he says it's about his family and his dad was bus driver.

There is a sequel to this that iv never seen and want to. Jimmy whispers returns to the Bronx. (Or possibly returns to mulberry st)

But I am assuming that Sonny was possibly Lucchese family.... What do we know about Belmont Ave???
3 crews. Genovese, Gambino and Lucchese guys
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

maxiestern11 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:02 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:46 pm Deff good question. Bronx Tale is touring rn. I will be seeing it in Detroit not this Tuesday but next Tuesday. This time it's a musical...

Really? I'd expect bonannos before Gambino.
Are you talking specifically Belmont area?? Or Bronx in general??

Which crews and prominent members plz n ty
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:09 pm

Traditionally. All the crews have had members up there, one or two per se, but those three in particular always were and still are the dominant crews..... and Belmont had Genovese and Gambino most dominant. As the years pass they’ve come and gone, the specific dynamic and composition changes, but those 3 always rotate in strength
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

maxiestern11 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:13 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:09 pm

Traditionally. All the crews have had members up there, one or two per se, but those three in particular always were and still are the dominant crews..... and Belmont had Genovese and Gambino most dominant. As the years pass they’ve come and gone, the specific dynamic and composition changes, but those 3 always rotate in strength
Interesting... Soo Depalma crew for binos??
Rosario Naimo was Bronx I believe... As well as Matty Madonna for Lukes.

Genovese had few but i don't remember names
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

I’d have to check but I believe years ago (1940’s-1960’s) Frank Scalice and his brothers and their entire “zip” crew had a strong base up there. Toto Scalice, Jack Scarpulla, Paul Gambino, Jimmy Squillante, Frankie “Miller” Luciano, Frank the Boss Moccardi, Blackie Galgano, etc etc were all based there..... again I’m doing this from memory, so I’m not certain. But there were many. Jimmy “Ward” Massi, etc.... all Gambino