Justifiable Rats.

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

bert
Full Patched

Re: Justifiable Rats.

Post by bert »

JMAN723 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:04 pm
bert wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:00 pm
JMAN723 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:51 pm
bert wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:46 pm I would trust a mafia member before a cop. Almost every cop I ever knew with just a few exceptions were scum bags, and I am talking off duty.
Come on Bert...that’s a bit of a stretch no?
No, I base it on experience. I still have one cop friend, he's cool, but guys who I thought were normal and ok who were cops, after hanging out with them long enough to hear stories or get to know them, were fucked up. Mostly the older ones, maybe they are not as bad now. I'm going by NYC cops, different cities may have a better quality of LE. The few state troopers I have encountered while driving tend to be pretty bad. Maybe in Philedelphia or other cites cops are different.
Disagree. I grew up in NY and my father, uncle,and two cousins are all cops. I almost became one myself. I’ve known so many growing up through my father and they are great great people. Like I mentioned earlier there are always some rotten apples but the majority just care about society and want to protect it from others who exploit it
With all those cop relatives you naturally tend to favor them, but think of this: If you had a cop stop you, or encountered one socially, having a father and 3 other relations on the force got you their good side. If you were ever pulled over all you had to do was mention your farther and you got treated different than other people. I'll assume your father was one of the good
ones.
JMAN723
Straightened out

Post by JMAN723 »

bert wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:11 pm
JMAN723 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:04 pm
bert wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:00 pm
JMAN723 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:51 pm
bert wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:46 pm I would trust a mafia member before a cop. Almost every cop I ever knew with just a few exceptions were scum bags, and I am talking off duty.
Come on Bert...that’s a bit of a stretch no?
No, I base it on experience. I still have one cop friend, he's cool, but guys who I thought were normal and ok who were cops, after hanging out with them long enough to hear stories or get to know them, were fucked up. Mostly the older ones, maybe they are not as bad now. I'm going by NYC cops, different cities may have a better quality of LE. The few state troopers I have encountered while driving tend to be pretty bad. Maybe in Philedelphia or other cites cops are different.
Disagree. I grew up in NY and my father, uncle,and two cousins are all cops. I almost became one myself. I’ve known so many growing up through my father and they are great great people. Like I mentioned earlier there are always some rotten apples but the majority just care about society and want to protect it from others who exploit it
With all those cop relatives you naturally tend to favor them, but think of this: If you had a cop stop you, or encountered one socially, having a father and 3 other relations on the force got you their good side. If you were ever pulled over all you had to do was mention your farther and you got treated different than other people. I'll assume your father was one of the good
ones.

I don’t agree with that. I don’t “favor” cops because of my relatives I just tell it like it is. I’ve actually had some bad experiences with other cops(not many but some). Also I NEVER mentioned my fathers name to get out of trouble. Look I don’t doubt you had some bad experiences and I respect your opinion but I don’t think it’s fair to say that most are bad which is not true
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

All this talk of cops reminds me of something we missed: Cops hate rats, especially any cop who turns in another cops. They call them rats, and not "Justifiable ones"
JMAN723
Straightened out

Post by JMAN723 »

bert wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:15 pm All this talk of cops reminds me of something we missed: Cops hate rats, especially any cop who turns in another cops. They call them rats, and not "Justifiable ones"

Some. But many are honest cops who don’t like dirty cops either and want them out of the picture too. My father hated any cop that was “dirty” and would probably threaten to beat the shot out of them if they didn’t come clean with their superiors. Thankfully he never had to deal with any of that stuff but he has heard plenty
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

JMAN723 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:22 pm
bert wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:15 pm All this talk of cops reminds me of something we missed: Cops hate rats, especially any cop who turns in another cops. They call them rats, and not "Justifiable ones"

Some. But many are honest cops who don’t like dirty cops either and want them out of the picture too. My father hated any cop that was “dirty” and would probably threaten to beat the shot out of them if they didn’t come clean with their superiors. Thankfully he never had to deal with any of that stuff but he has heard plenty

Serpico and others were never well received, even vilified by cops. Same for Robert Lueci (not sure of spelling)
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

bert wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:26 pm
JMAN723 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:22 pm

Serpico and others were never well received, even vilified by cops. Same for Robert Lueci (not sure of spelling)
Leuci, the cop who wrote Prince of the City
roydemeo
Straightened out

Post by roydemeo »

Must clarify some things.

The mafia or Cosa Nostra in Sicily before the second mafia war had some rules that was seriously respected:

1) kill a man but not harm his family;
2) dont fuck another mobster wife;
3)dont divorce (look strange but for this reason Buscetta was shelved for a long time);
4) support with money the innate family.

This was the core of the rules.

The Mafia never have problem while is necessary to kill a child like Navarra the boss of Corleone before did killing a young shepard that seen where his men buried the body of placido rizzoto a unionist in 1947.
Esame thing for the drugs: buscetta made milions with drugs and his son Bernardo was a junkie but also loved the women and was shelved for a time for this,so after the second divorce he went to brasil.

The Corleonesi aka the peasants declare war and decide to kill his enemies and their families even if wasnt connected to the life.
So buscetta lost his sons and decided to flip but wasnt the only.
Also Santino DeMatteo which had kidnapped and killer his 10 y old son,totuccio contorno and other that think that the Corleonesi betrayled cosa nostra and that they wont break the oath because the old cosa nostra was death.
Jimmy Napoli
Straightened out

Post by Jimmy Napoli »

Which wife John Gotti fucked?Nevee heard for that story.
JMAN723
Straightened out

Post by JMAN723 »

Jimmy Napoli wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:19 am Which wife John Gotti fucked?Nevee heard for that story.

Sandy Connolly. She was the daughter or step daughter of Neil Dellacroce and the wife of Ernesto Grillo
DMC22
On Record

Post by DMC22 »

maxiestern11 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:38 am In my memory, Pete Chiodo and Al D’Arco were two of the very few to be justified to turn. Not that I condone it by any measure. But if your research their situation, I think it’ll prove out my piont!
D’arco was garbage. Lying garbage. I think he made up that story about about them that they were going to kill him. He ratted to help his son who was a junkie and had gotten into trouble. All these rats do it bc they don’t want to go to jail. Period. end of story. They will say anything the FBI wants to get out of their bs no matter what. Even if it’s all lies
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

I can’t say your wrong.... ratting is never “ok”
Targenmantarian
Straightened out

Post by Targenmantarian »

DMC22 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:36 pm
maxiestern11 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:38 am In my memory, Pete Chiodo and Al D’Arco were two of the very few to be justified to turn. Not that I condone it by any measure. But if your research their situation, I think it’ll prove out my piont!
D’arco was garbage. Lying garbage. I think he made up that story about about them that they were going to kill him. He ratted to help his son who was a junkie and had gotten into trouble. All these rats do it bc they don’t want to go to jail. Period. end of story. They will say anything the FBI wants to get out of their bs no matter what. Even if it’s all lies
I gave him the benefit of the doubt because of Gaspipe being so insane and bloodthirsty.

But again he knew who he was dealing with and was a total suck up and teachers pet to Amuso and Casso because he was a horrible earner so all he could offer was blind loyalty.

If he hadn't been so pwer hungry he would have seen the place to be in the Lucheses was a simple soldier as far away from the top as possible just ekeing out a living on Mulberry Street.

He really should have taken Joe Sica up on his offer and just gotten made in Pittsburgh. He would have died happy without spending a day in jail.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Targenmantarian wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:04 pm
I gave him the benefit of the doubt because of Gaspipe being so insane and bloodthirsty.

But again he knew who he was dealing with and was a total suck up and teachers pet to Amuso and Casso because he was a horrible earner so all he could offer was blind loyalty.

If he hadn't been so pwer hungry he would have seen the place to be in the Lucheses was a simple soldier as far away from the top as possible just ekeing out a living on Mulberry Street.

He really should have taken Joe Sica up on his offer and just gotten made in Pittsburgh. He would have died happy without spending a day in jail.
So true!.... he didn’t realize it but the Pittsburgh crew was the place to be. He might have become a boss because of his family connection to Joe Sica.

Or as you say, just stay a button guy. He woulda be below the radar and hopefully away from the lunacy.
Targenmantarian
Straightened out

Post by Targenmantarian »

maxiestern11 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:39 pm
Targenmantarian wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:04 pm

So true!.... he didn’t realize it but the Pittsburgh crew was the place to be. He might have become a boss because of his family connection to Joe Sica.

Or as you say, just stay a button guy. He woulda be below the radar and hopefully away from the lunacy.
There are many mafis grunts you never here if who make low six figures and just have a real job and never get too deep in. They just play their hustle and keep their head down.

They still do time. But they don't do decades. D'Arco was the former. Then Casso and Amuso gave him a fast track if he started killing people. There were many other Lucheses who stayed away from that shit. Less access to money. But no triple life sentence.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Agreed