Justifiable Rats.

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JMAN723
Straightened out

Re: Justifiable Rats.

Post by JMAN723 »

Me is the opposite. Growing up around so many cops they are just great people. Like anything there are so bad apples but the majority are just good people wanting to keep others safe
Targenmantarian
Straightened out

Post by Targenmantarian »

Yeah. I have never had a positive interaction with a cop ever.

They just beat us up and fucked with us endlessly. Then the shootings of the kids popped off in my city. I'm one of those guys who was blocking highways and whatnot protesting.

Shows you how culture and some experiences as a kid will set you in your ways forever and you'll never be convinced otherwise.
JMAN723
Straightened out

Post by JMAN723 »

I guess. I don’t doubt your experiences and I do admit that there are bad cops. But the vast majority I feel are just good people
Targenmantarian
Straightened out

JMAN723 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:36 pm I guess. I don’t doubt your experiences and I do admit that there are bad cops. But the vast majority I feel are just good people
For me it's more that in the context of the war on drugs
With so many non violent drug offenders getting roofed to enforce an unjust social order and the cops of today essentially being the foot soldiers of that movement I just can't fuck with the entire institution as a whole regardless of how any single member acts or doesn't act.

Just following orders or "it's the law" doesn't work for me.

Hundreds of years from now people will look back on the fact that we incarcerated about 3M people rotating for decades and view it as a historical evil.

At that point anyone on the deprivation of freedom side won't be looked at well during the drug war. Their good qualities notwithstanding.

For me cops have only been the people who endorfe bullshit laws abritrarily to take other people to prison for drugs.

That's my sole interaction over ever had with them.
JMAN723
Straightened out

Post by JMAN723 »

Targenmantarian wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:45 pm
JMAN723 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:36 pm I guess. I don’t doubt your experiences and I do admit that there are bad cops. But the vast majority I feel are just good people
For me it's more that in the context of the war on drugs
With so many non violent drug offenders getting roofed to enforce an unjust social order and the cops of today essentially being the foot soldiers of that movement I just can't fuck with the entire institution as a whole regardless of how any single member acts or doesn't act.

Just following orders or "it's the law" doesn't work for me.

Hundreds of years from now people will look back on the fact that we incarcerated about 3M people rotating for decades and view it as a historical evil.

At that point anyone on the deprivation of freedom side won't be looked at well during the drug war. Their good qualities notwithstanding.

For me cops have only been the people who endorfe bullshit laws abritrarily to take other people to prison for drugs.

That's my sole interaction over ever had with them.

. I gotta be honest I dislike drug dealers even non violent ones. What they are doing is wrong selling drugs to kids or others resulting in their deaths many times. Yes I understand it’s their choice but still it’s so very wrong. Anyway I appreciate the conversation. Even if we disagree you have been very respectful/civil. YOU deserve the praise for that. Take care man
CapoDeiCapi
Associate

Post by CapoDeiCapi »

Ratting is NEVER justifiable. EVER!!! It has nothing to do with an oath you took or that some of these people where friends since diapers, EVEN if they ratted on you. NOT ratting is about respecting yourself and nothing else. Justifiable, is a weasel word (Neil, actually Quinn) in any form of life. But using OC as an example, you break a rule you die, or demoted, or shelved, or whatever, but the question is still, and always will be asked if there was a good enough reason for why it was broken. but never, ever, ever, EVER is ratting justifiable.
Targenmantarian
Straightened out

CapoDeiCapi wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:57 pm Ratting is NEVER justifiable. EVER!!! It has nothing to do with an oath you took or that some of these people where friends since diapers, EVEN if they ratted on you. NOT ratting is about respecting yourself and nothing else. Justifiable, is a weasel word (Neil, actually Quinn) in any form of life. But using OC as an example, you break a rule you die, or demoted, or shelved, or whatever, but the question is still, and always will be asked if there was a good enough reason for why it was broken. but never, ever, ever, EVER is ratting justifiable.
Yup.
Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dwalin2014 »

CapoDeiCapi wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:57 pm Ratting is NEVER justifiable. EVER!!! It has nothing to do with an oath you took or that some of these people where friends since diapers, EVEN if they ratted on you. NOT ratting is about respecting yourself and nothing else. Justifiable, is a weasel word (Neil, actually Quinn) in any form of life. But using OC as an example, you break a rule you die, or demoted, or shelved, or whatever, but the question is still, and always will be asked if there was a good enough reason for why it was broken. but never, ever, ever, EVER is ratting justifiable.
I guess murdering, extorting and selling drugs is ok for you.
Targenmantarian
Straightened out

Not necessarily. But what's really odious is doing all that and then ratting on your boys when you have to pay for what you did willingly.

Saying one modality condones the other is a logical fallacy.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Targenmantarian wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:24 pm Not necessarily. But what's really odious is doing all that and then ratting on your boys when you have to pay for what you did willingly.

Saying one modality condones the other is a logical fallacy.
Exactly. They do the worst, then walk. At least the guys who do their time have some honor, rats have zero.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

I would trust a mafia member before a cop. Almost every cop I ever knew with just a few exceptions were scum bags, and I am talking off duty.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Drugs are going to legal eventually, which I am against. Even pot, which should not get anyone jail time is not that safe. Yet to say guys selfing drugs sell to kids is just an attempt to get people who aren't that anti-drug railed up. Any teen getting high does it through their friends, and it's historically been through prescription drugs, going back to when coke and morphine were legal.
JMAN723
Straightened out

Post by JMAN723 »

bert wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:46 pm I would trust a mafia member before a cop. Almost every cop I ever knew with just a few exceptions were scum bags, and I am talking off duty.
Come on Bert...that’s a bit of a stretch no?
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

JMAN723 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:51 pm
bert wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:46 pm I would trust a mafia member before a cop. Almost every cop I ever knew with just a few exceptions were scum bags, and I am talking off duty.
No, I base it on experience. I still have one cop friend, he's cool, but guys who I thought were normal and ok who were cops, after hanging out with them long enough to hear stories or get to know them, were fucked up. Mostly the older ones, maybe they are not as bad now. I'm going by NYC cops, different cities may have a better quality of LE. The few state troopers I have encountered while driving tend to be pretty bad. Maybe in Philedelphia or other cites cops are different.
JMAN723
Straightened out

Post by JMAN723 »

bert wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:00 pm
JMAN723 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:51 pm
No, I base it on experience. I still have one cop friend, he's cool, but guys who I thought were normal and ok who were cops, after hanging out with them long enough to hear stories or get to know them, were fucked up. Mostly the older ones, maybe they are not as bad now. I'm going by NYC cops, different cities may have a better quality of LE. The few state troopers I have encountered while driving tend to be pretty bad. Maybe in Philedelphia or other cites cops are different.
Disagree. I grew up in NY and my father, uncle,and two cousins are all cops. I almost became one myself. I’ve known so many growing up through my father and they are great great people. Like I mentioned earlier there are always some rotten apples but the majority just care about society and want to protect it from others who exploit it