Is Pittsburgh alive?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

mike68
Straightened out

Re: Is Pittsburgh alive?

Post by mike68 »

So, who is more dead, the Pittsburgh mob or the Pittsburgh baseball team??
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

mike68 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:06 am So, who is more dead, the Pittsburgh mob or the Pittsburgh baseball team??
The Pirates got a better shot at coming back to life than the Pittsburgh Mob does :lol:
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
Pghcraig10
Prospect

Post by Pghcraig10 »

But the pirates signed a catcher who batted .188 so there is signs of life ha ha
Lou_Para
Straightened out

Post by Lou_Para »

Q: Why doesn't Johnstown, PA have a professional baseball team?
A: Because if they did, Pittsburgh would want one too.
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Lou_Para wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:43 pm Q: Why doesn't Johnstown, PA have a professional baseball team?
A: Because if they did, Pittsburgh would want one too.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
mike68
Straightened out

Post by mike68 »

Pittsburgh will win the NBA title before they win a World Series......yes, I know they don't have a basketball team, that's the point!
Targenmantarian
Straightened out

Post by Targenmantarian »

They have one made guy who is near 90.

Are there connected guys who do gambling? Sure.

But to have a mob you'd need to have some kind of structure and addition as opposed to subtraction of members and some young blood. Even if that youngblood is 50 as opposed to 85.

They have none of that. Their last induction was in the late 80s or really early 90s.

It's been subtraction ever since.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Moscone65 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:05 pm
JCB1977 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:56 pm
Moscone65 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:53 pm Kansas City was a bit different as they still had a decent bunch of younger guys and associates even up to the 80’s and early 90’s. They still have younger guy to this day although it’s disputed if there’s any family or just remnants, however the younger guys are there..
Same with Pittsburgh...there have been many busts since the demise of the family that are related to gambling involving former associates.
Ya but what I’m trying to say is KC imo always had more structure even up until more recently, and they made more guys. I guess it depends on the boss ect
In your opinion? Do you have any solid info to back that up? I'm not trying to be an asshole, but KC has been dying forever and it is highly debated.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

mike68 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:27 am Pittsburgh will win the NBA title before they win a World Series......yes, I know they don't have a basketball team, that's the point!
Fuck the NBA, a bunch of zoo animals filing bankruptcy within 5 years of retirement. Pirates and Steelers were legendary
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP