Penissi and the size of the Luccheses today

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Penissi and the size of the Luccheses today

Post by Philly d »

the pernas and taccettas are cousins right?
roydemeo
Straightened out

Post by roydemeo »

In the The Changing Face of ORGANIZED CRIME IN NEW JERSEY – A Status Report(May 2004) State of New Jersey Commission of Investigation

Is write:
Despite the assaults by law enforcement and the apparent slowdown in membership recruitment, law enforcement authorities estimate the group still consists of from 110 to 140 members, with approximately 50 members active in New Jersey. The organization has at least 1,100 associates engaged in criminal activity primarily in New York, where the group’s hierarchy is located.
Ok the report is 16 y old and neve been 50 made men active in nj but to pass to 110 to 70 made men in 16 y seme stringe to me.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

The 50 was most likely in reference to members and associates. The other figure is the total membership. Penissi's number are for the active membership.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Philly d wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:29 pm the pernas and taccettas are cousins right?
Yes. Also related to the Ricciardi's.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

roydemeo wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:20 am In the The Changing Face of ORGANIZED CRIME IN NEW JERSEY – A Status Report(May 2004) State of New Jersey Commission of Investigation

Is write:
Despite the assaults by law enforcement and the apparent slowdown in membership recruitment, law enforcement authorities estimate the group still consists of from 110 to 140 members, with approximately 50 members active in New Jersey. The organization has at least 1,100 associates engaged in criminal activity primarily in New York, where the group’s hierarchy is located.
Ok the report is 16 y old and neve been 50 made men active in nj but to pass to 110 to 70 made men in 16 y seme stringe to me.
That 110-140 estimate in the 2004 report was also a larger outlier compared to most recent estimates for the Luccheses.
All roads lead to New York.
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

roydemeo wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:20 am In the The Changing Face of ORGANIZED CRIME IN NEW JERSEY – A Status Report(May 2004) State of New Jersey Commission of Investigation

Is write:
Alot of pple pass away , People go to prison , Become CW's , SHELVED , Inactive etc.. Lots of stuff happens in almost 2 decades
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

Rocco wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:50 am
Philly d wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:29 pm the pernas and taccettas are cousins right?
Yes. Also related to the Ricciardi's.
Thanks. I thought so (on both). When Tommy flipped did he give alot up on the Pernas?
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

I'm sorry, but with that name being so close to the word Penis the title as it's worded had me doing a double take :lol:
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

bert wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:51 pm I'm sorry, but with that name being so close to the word Penis the title as it's worded had me doing a double take :lol:
I'd hate to go to school w that name lol
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

It's important to note that some crews are more active than others. Even going back to the 1980s and 1990s with the Colombos, only a few crews and captains had a solid amount of younger guys under them; Greg Scarpa, Joey Amato, Billy Cutolo and, to an extent, Tommy Gioeli.

When you look at it this way, you start to notice that families might have "pockets" of activity/membership. For example, the Colombos might have close to 100 members, but that might not be represented by each crew. Let's use 2010 as an example. Most of the family's bread-and-butter criminal activities took place in just about one crew; Teddy Persico Jr.'s crew, led by Anthony Russo at the time. As noted in court papers, they were family's main "youth" wing, just like Trucchio for the Gambinos around the same time period. Other crews, like Benjamin Castellazzo's crew, were mostly older, or inactive, guys.

This is also represented in induction ceremonies. For the Colombos, we see periods of time when it seems like only certain crews are getting inducted. There was a phase in the early-to-mid 2000s where a lot of Long Island guys under Gioeli/Franzese were inducted, and captains like Ralph Lombardo or Benjamin Castellazzo were hardly putting anybody up for membership. Then, busts in 2008 weakened the Long Island crew, and pretty much no Long Islanders have been inducted since then.

My point is that it's deceiving to judge a crime family on membership alone, when every mobster, and every crew, is completely different and independent from one another.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

gohnjotti wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:43 am It's important to note that some crews are more active than others. Even going back to the 1980s and 1990s with the Colombos, only a few crews and captains had a solid amount of younger guys under them; Greg Scarpa, Joey Amato, Billy Cutolo and, to an extent, Tommy Gioeli.

When you look at it this way, you start to notice that families might have "pockets" of activity/membership. For example, the Colombos might have close to 100 members, but that might not be represented by each crew. Let's use 2010 as an example. Most of the family's bread-and-butter criminal activities took place in just about one crew; Teddy Persico Jr.'s crew, led by Anthony Russo at the time. As noted in court papers, they were family's main "youth" wing, just like Trucchio for the Gambinos around the same time period. Other crews, like Benjamin Castellazzo's crew, were mostly older, or inactive, guys.

This is also represented in induction ceremonies. For the Colombos, we see periods of time when it seems like only certain crews are getting inducted. There was a phase in the early-to-mid 2000s where a lot of Long Island guys under Gioeli/Franzese were inducted, and captains like Ralph Lombardo or Benjamin Castellazzo were hardly putting anybody up for membership. Then, busts in 2008 weakened the Long Island crew, and pretty much no Long Islanders have been inducted since then.

My point is that it's deceiving to judge a crime family on membership alone, when every mobster, and every crew, is completely different and independent from one another.
That's why I supposed that you rarely hear a peep about half the membership of any particular family . You have all these guys on the list as inducted members but never ever hear these guys arrested , Brought up on charges or anything else. If they weren't on a chart you would have no idea they exist . What I mean is you only have a handful of crews , Members , Associates doing all the work and who are genuinely active in that sense . Just like you said above . It's mostly the same guys putting in the work , Proposing people, Going to prison etc etc . I always wonder ? The Gambinos have over 21 crews but you only hear of less than half being active , Like where the fuck are the rest of the family ?
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Bklyn21 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:27 am
gohnjotti wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:43 am It's important to note that some crews are more active than others. Even going back to the 1980s and 1990s with the Colombos, only a few crews and captains had a solid amount of younger guys under them; Greg Scarpa, Joey Amato, Billy Cutolo and, to an extent, Tommy Gioeli.

That's why I supposed that you rarely hear a peep about half the membership of any particular family . You have all these guys on the list as inducted members but never ever hear these guys arrested , Brought up on charges or anything else. If they weren't on a chart you would have no idea they exist . What I mean is you only have a handful of crews , Members , Associates doing all the work and who are genuinely active in that sense . Just like you said above . It's mostly the same guys putting in the work , Proposing people, Going to prison etc etc . I always wonder ? The Gambinos have over 21 crews but you only hear of less than half being active , Like where the fuck are the rest of the family ?
Believe it or not some of these guys are smart criminals. Just because you don't see an indictment of half the gambino capos doesn't mean they aren't active, when was the last bust in the Locascio/Campos crew, wasn't it 05 for the fraud case? Yet they were active the whole time making millions
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:22 pm
bert wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:51 pm I'm sorry, but with that name being so close to the word Penis the title as it's worded had me doing a double take :lol:
I know, it probably doesn't sound as bad when pronounced, but every time the teacher makes you write it out on the blackboard
it has to be tough. I just know when dancing quickly through the topics I thought for second I saw "penises and the size of the Lucchese's today" :? and had to look again.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

bert wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:06 am
JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:22 pm
I know, it probably doesn't sound as bad when pronounced, but every time the teacher makes you write it out on the blackboard
it has to be tough. I just know when dancing quickly through the topics I thought for second I saw "penises and the size of the Lucchese's today" :? and had to look again.
It's posts like "sizes of lukes penis'si" that make me keep coming back
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

TommyGambino wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:14 am
Bklyn21 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:27 am

Believe it or not some of these guys are smart criminals. Just because you don't see an indictment of half the gambino capos doesn't mean they aren't active, when was the last bust in the Locascio/Campos crew, wasn't it 05 for the fraud case? Yet they were active the whole time making millions
Agreed. Nobody, myself included, knew the scope and reach of Joey Amato until the indictment. If that's how big they are in Staten Island, they have to be bigger in Brooklyn and Long Island, their historic powerbases.

That being said, we know there's been a drift overtime of mobsters migrating across the Verranzano Bridge from Brooklyn to S.I.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com