Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Lupara »

Frank wrote:Wiseguy and Pogo get ready for 300 pages of posts about the LA Family being viable lol
Not only is that family non-viable, a thread about their viability would be non-viable not to mention the thought of starting such a thread. When that happens the mods should immediately step in and delete the thread and shelf its perpetrator.
stubbs
Straightened out

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by stubbs »

It’s probably more likely the author of that story made a typo and meant to write “NY family” instead of “LA family” than the LA mafia family still being active.

That being said, doesn’t the Buffalo family have a history of having guys operating in not only LA but Vegas as well? Way back in the 90s I mean. So this would be the reverse of that, if true? Seems very strange.

And if memory serves me correctly, didn’t an article state that Iavarone was clipped for not kicking up money to western NY based bookmakers or something like that? Like maybe he was supposed to pay tribute to Todaro for operating on Buffalo territory but wasn’t.

And, not to go too deep into the conspiracy theories: But Los Angeles is a drug major transit point for the Sinaloa cartel, who also have had distributors busted in Buffalo confirming their local presence. And it also came out during the Chapo trial that Tony Suzuki of Montreal (and aligned with the Rizzutos) was the cartel’s go-to guy in Canada. So a Sinaloa-Los Angeles-Buffalo-Ontario/Montreal pipeline is very likely, though unlikely to be related to Todaro and Iavarone. But if the Gambino-Inzerillo group is involved, who the hell knows.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

stubbs wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:42 am It’s probably more likely the author of that story made a typo and meant to write “NY family” instead of “LA family” than the LA mafia family still being active.

That being said, doesn’t the Buffalo family have a history of having guys operating in not only LA but Vegas as well? Way back in the 90s I mean. So this would be the reverse of that, if true? Seems very strange.

And if memory serves me correctly, didn’t an article state that Iavarone was clipped for not kicking up money to western NY based bookmakers or something like that? Like maybe he was supposed to pay tribute to Todaro for operating on Buffalo territory but wasn’t.

And, not to go too deep into the conspiracy theories: But Los Angeles is a drug major transit point for the Sinaloa cartel, who also have had distributors busted in Buffalo confirming their local presence. And it also came out during the Chapo trial that Tony Suzuki of Montreal (and aligned with the Rizzutos) was the cartel’s go-to guy in Canada. So a Sinaloa-Los Angeles-Buffalo-Ontario/Montreal pipeline is very likely, though unlikely to be related to Todaro and Iavarone. But if the Gambino-Inzerillo group is involved, who the hell knows.
Can someone email the author for an elaboration/clarification?

LA is always going to have some kind of LCN representation, but there's not enough to warrant an entire Family. At various times we've have members of all 5 families operating there but I don't believe any of them established any ongoing crews. I suspect the same for ndrangheta and why there's only been operatives in the US rather than an established localized group like we see in Canada and Aus. I suspect its in large part due to the FBI and the legal penalities which compared to Canada are far steeper.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Isgro is in LA representing Gambinos

who do you think is bookmaking out there? mexicans...?
Guy Fatato said on a tape-recording that Franzese's vig on a $30,000 debt was "like social security" for him. - GohnJotti
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

stubbs wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:42 am That being said, doesn’t the Buffalo family have a history of having guys operating in not only LA but Vegas as well? Way back in the 90s I mean.

Stephen Cino, Jimmy Caci and Charles Caci were all Buffalo Associates who relocated to LA and were made in the LA family.
Bobby Panaro was a Buffalo member who operated in Vegas during the 1990s before he was busted for the Herbie Blitzstein hit. The most recent info has him back in Buffalo.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

stubbs wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:42 amAnd if memory serves me correctly, didn’t an article state that Iavarone was clipped for not kicking up money to western NY based bookmakers or something like that? Like maybe he was supposed to pay tribute to Todaro for operating on Buffalo territory but wasn’t.
Some articles alleged Ivarone was killed in the midst of a dispute between two Niagara region groups of mobsters who were both tied to the "New York State mob." This followed the murder of Angelo Musitano Musitano was owed money from a man involved in gambling who worked for mobsters in New York state. When he demanded payment or a piece of the gambling operation, he was murdered by a crew of Niagara region men connected to the gambler. However, none of those involved in the actual murder were made members and had no backing from those in New York.
All roads lead to New York.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Could it be iavarone was the money he owed money to? Iavarones and musitanos used to be allies, but obviously not recently. Also if iavarone was made by whoever these “LA” people are (possibly Gambino/Inzerillo?) and of its true that todaro was angry about it, it could explain why he had no backing from those in New York. (Western)
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Could it be iavarone was the person money he owed money to? Iavarones and musitanos used to be allies, but obviously not recently. Also if iavarone was made by whoever these “LA” people are (possibly Gambino/Inzerillo?) and of its true that todaro was angry about it, it could explain why he had no backing from those in New York. (Western)
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Moscone65 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:44 am Could it be iavarone was the money he owed money to? Iavarones and musitanos used to be allies, but obviously not recently. Also if iavarone was made by whoever these “LA” people are (possibly Gambino/Inzerillo?) and of its true that todaro was angry about it, it could explain why he had no backing from those in New York. (Western)
Could be. If I remember right, one article quoted someone as saying Ivarone being murdered was payback for the Musitano hit.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Wiseguy wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:59 pm
Moscone65 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:44 am Could it be iavarone was the money he owed money to? Iavarones and musitanos used to be allies, but obviously not recently. Also if iavarone was made by whoever these “LA” people are (possibly Gambino/Inzerillo?) and of its true that todaro was angry about it, it could explain why he had no backing from those in New York. (Western)
Could be. If I remember right, one article quoted someone as saying Ivarone being murdered was payback for the Musitano hit.
Yes, I remember that article. So I've always thought he was killed in payback for the Musitano hit.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

I believe the cartels try to stay out of LA and do business elsewhere bc of the high presence of gangs and them being breeding grounds etc i read the higher ups stay out of the west.

LA has Chinese tongs and Yakuza also btw
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:20 pm I believe the cartels try to stay out of LA and do business elsewhere bc of the high presence of gangs and them being breeding grounds etc i read the higher ups stay out of the west.

Huh? Who do you think the gangs get their drug supply from? The Sinaloa, Jalisco New Generation, and Beltran-Leyva cartels all use Los Angeles as one of their hubs. Chicago has a large street gang presence and it's also major cartel hub.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:17 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:20 pm I believe the cartels try to stay out of LA and do business elsewhere bc of the high presence of gangs and them being breeding grounds etc i read the higher ups stay out of the west.

Huh? Who do you think the gangs get their drug supply from? The Sinaloa, Jalisco New Generation, and Beltran-Leyva cartels all use Los Angeles as one of their hubs. Chicago has a large street gang presence and it's also major cartel hub.
The book NARCOS said the higher ups in the cartels go out east while the lieutenants and direct workers stayed in LA
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:17 pm

It basically said that LA was full of soldiers for the cartels not captains
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

One thing that often gets lost in translation is the Mafia Hierarchy and just how its different from others. What sets the Mafia apart is that the system itself isn't set up to focus exclusively on one racket or another. Membership was meant to draw from different criminal fields with those who had influence in them. Soldier to Boss were meant to be recruited from the criminal elite of the day who have their hands in various rackets outside of the Mafia structure which is meant to manage the managers. If we look at any various racket- counterfeiting, bootlegging, robbery or drugs, networks/gangs that deal or dealt exclusively with this racket are set up to reflect that. Whereas the mafia would just recruit criminals with the qualities they desired who happened to be involved in this or that. If the color pink became illegal tomorrow and morphed into larger proceeds than drugs, in 5 years time we'd be reading about their pinklegging members, it doesn't mean the Mafia has restructured to bootleg pink, it just means the people they are recruiting have that background because they are a reflection of the times and what people are engaged in.

Narcotics are a different game because the field is larger, its not a block or city phenomenon unless you're a distributor. If you're going for wholesaling, brokering, transporting etc. the Mafia Hierarchy would not accommodate it, they aren't set up for that anymore than they were set up for bootlegging and yet they were quite efficient. The reasons for this weren't the internal hierarchy but their business approach and mingling with those in other groups. Which is why I think people had a difficult time trying to put the Rizzuto's into a hierarchy from simply watching who they dealt and interacted with and concluded everyone was under Vito, which might have been how things seemed at the time but its a totally separate thing from being formally under them in terms of Mafia affiliation.