Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Lupara wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:21 am
Chris Christie wrote:300 pages. We made Mafia forum history!
I think 300 pages is a little overrated. That would mean about 3000 posts. Do you really believe a forum thread could be this large when forum activity is in a steady decline for years now and interest in the mob at an all time low? I haven't seen the feds confirm this so naturally I'm sceptic.

10 years ago people were making similar claims about the 'Nick Rizzuto has been shot' thread. Now that forum doesn't even exist anymore.

Just keep believing this thread is still going strong under the radar after so many months. It's not going to save the forum and 10 years from now I may very well be proven right.
:lol: :lol:
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
BobbyBacala
On Record

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by BobbyBacala »

johnny_scootch wrote:
Lupara wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:21 am I think 300 pages is a little overrated. That would mean about 3000 posts. Do you really believe a forum thread could be this large when forum activity is in a steady decline for years now and interest in the mob at an all time low? I haven't seen the feds confirm this so naturally I'm sceptic.

10 years ago people were making similar claims about the 'Nick Rizzuto has been shot' thread. Now that forum doesn't even exist anymore.

Just keep believing this thread is still going strong under the radar after so many months. It's not going to save the forum and 10 years from now I may very well be proven right.
Classic!

BobbyBacala wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:44 pm I think the violis were made into the ndrangheta at a early age
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Very unlikely.
Actually it's very likely I'm calabrese and therefore I am very familiar with calabrese culture I think they were made by their uncle into the ndrangheta probably in their early 20s

BobbyBacala
On Record

Post by BobbyBacala »

johnny_scootch wrote:
Lupara wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:21 am I think 300 pages is a little overrated. That would mean about 3000 posts. Do you really believe a forum thread could be this large when forum activity is in a steady decline for years now and interest in the mob at an all time low? I haven't seen the feds confirm this so naturally I'm sceptic.

Classic!

BobbyBacala wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:44 pm I think the violis were made into the ndrangheta at a early age
Very unlikely.
Also alot of people dont know this but you can be made into the ndrangheta and not do crimes at all you can be completely straight kids are made into the ndrangheta when their born if the father wants it

johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

BobbyBacala wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:38 pm Actually it's very likely I'm calabrese and therefore I am very familiar with calabrese culture I think they were made by their uncle into the ndrangheta probably in their early 20s

So based off you're heritage and knowledge of the culture you can surmise when and by whom they were made? Seems like a stretch to me. We do know that the Violi brothers father & uncles on both sides were/are members of American Cosa Nostra not Ndrangheta. I do believe the grandfather Giacomo arrived in Canada as an Ndrandhetisti but eventually became a member of the Magaddino Family at a time when the Ndrangheta had almost none of the power they possess today.

So I guess there is the possibility these guys all joined the Ndrangheta and then renounced that association to join Cosa Nostra but how likely is that based off your knowledge of the culture?
BobbyBacala
On Record

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by BobbyBacala »

When giacomo luppino became a made man in the magazine family he didn't cut ties with the ndrangheta when he got made that just gave him more power in the toronto ndrangheta because buffalo used to control toronto the luppinos/violis are still on the camera di controllo in toronto

Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

I can also confirm I heard of real life rumours of a son who’s father was goi g to jail for a long long time, so he “made” his teenage son into the ndrangheta before he went away. His father was either boss or really high up in the organization. The son at the time was barely involved in anything but I guess his father wanted him to follow his footsteps.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

BobbyBacala wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:39 pm When giacomo luppino became a made man in the magazine family he didn't cut ties with the ndrangheta when he got made that just gave him more power in the toronto ndrangheta because buffalo used to control toronto the luppinos/violis are still on the camera di controllo in toronto

Couple things....

I've read that ndrangheta is a little different than LCN, as far as monitoring recruits.

LCN monitors recruits from the outside, whereas the ndrangheta monitors them from the inside. I believe it's possible for someone as young as maybe 12 to be initiated into the Minor Society. The first rank of the Major society, (the Santa?) is when you really become an ndrangheta leader.

The Luppinos, the Camera di Controllo.... is this for real? Like confirmed, they are actually on the board? I mean, I guess they would have never had a reason to give up their seat...
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Couple a three things.

Chrissy, 300 pages..... Violi beat..... 30 guys.

Somethings happening in Buffalo.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
BobbyBacala
On Record

Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by BobbyBacala »

CabriniGreen wrote:
BobbyBacala wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:39 pm When giacomo luppino became a made man in the magazine family he didn't cut ties with the ndrangheta when he got made that just gave him more power in the toronto ndrangheta because buffalo used to control toronto the luppinos/violis are still on the camera di controllo in toronto

Couple things....

I've read that ndrangheta is a little different than LCN, as far as monitoring recruits.

LCN monitors recruits from the outside, whereas the ndrangheta monitors them from the inside. I believe it's possible for someone as young as maybe 12 to be initiated into the Minor Society. The first rank of the Major society, (the Santa?) is when you really become an ndrangheta leader.

The Luppinos, the Camera di Controllo.... is this for real? Like confirmed, they are actually on the board? I mean, I guess they would have never had a reason to give up their seat...
Maybe its confirmed somewhere on the net but I hear they never left the seat and a baby can be made into the ndrangheta they usually do it at baptisms

BobbyBacala
On Record

Post by BobbyBacala »

The ndrangheta is embedded in the calabrese people every calabrese family in Canada I can say with good certainty that they have at least one or two made men in the ndrangheta and alot of them are straight it's just apart of our culture to join it

BobbyBacala
On Record

Post by BobbyBacala »

Think of it as freemasonry but for the calabrese

CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

johnny_scootch wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:53 am
CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:28 am
It's a little odd right? There wasn't a single guy in Brooklyn, or Queens, or NY in general, familiar enough with these guys to make an intro? Also, if there is a fully functioning Bonnano crew, why aren't THEY at the ceremony? And wouldnt Morena be in THAT crew?

This goes to WHY a Buffalo was even needed I think, the Violis were familiar with the criminal landscape up there, plus had contacts that could be maximized by an association with NY.
I don't think it's odd at all. First off there is no Bonanno crew in Ontario, Morena would in a sense be alone and operating there with the approval of the Buffalo family. It doesn't make sense to fly guys from Brooklyn to Canada for the purpose of introducing Morena around if Violi could do it. You risk exposure like that. Violi and other Buffalo members living in Hamilton could over time help make all the proper introductions Morena needed to facilitate his operations in Canada without ever risking NY Bonanno members getting noticed crossing the border or being seen around Montreal.

There are plenty of reasons why Bonanno members from Montreal wouldn't have attended the ceremony first being Hamilton is a 6 hour drive from Montreal not exactly around the corner. Second is Montreal guys have been at war for years now and are possibly under police surveillance. Making ceremonies today aren't like the old days where you would have 20 guys attending, they're small affairs with 4 or 5 guys. Last but not least the relationship between Montreal and Ny is still a big question mark so there could be other reasons no one knows about.

As for what crew Morena would be in that's entirely up to the family administration. They can put him wherever they want, if they had a crew in Florida and felt like putting him with that crew no one could say a word.
Heres the thing.... they risked exposure by dealing with a guy who was fed up with doing time....Morena

Why was it not a risk for Zummo, but risky for the next guy? A NY sicilian, someone from the Bronx crew, an inactive old timer, there really was no one?

No one is saying introduce him to the whole family, and no one is saying you have to fly up half the family, hell, they dont even have to FLY, lol they can drive....

I also dont see why the Canadian guys couldnt do the ceremony, they ARE tied into the Bonnanos still right?

Also when you say the Montreal guys were at war, again timing and context..... Violis own statements would I dictate at this point there was SOME form of peace.....

The way B. explained it, it only would take ONE guy from NY, who knew ONE guy in Brooklyn to make the Intros.

I find it VERY strange they would have kept ties with the declining Buffalo family, (especially after they apparently let Vito, let the Musitanos wack 2 high ranking made members, Buffalo really was cool with this?) and NOT the THRIVING Montreal crew......
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

I also dont really get the 6 hour drive argument....

I'm sure mobsters go back and forth to Miami for business...

When Camelo Muia's brother was hit, he crossed the Atlantic to figure it out. I'm sure LoPresti made MANY back and forth trips. I'm sure Carmine Verducis passport got a lot of use.....

You cant run a distant crew/colony by remote control... there has to be communication, and control structures on both sides....
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

In fact I just remembered, Montagna used to make that drive JUST to whisper in guy's ears, correct? This was in Renauds book?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

BobbyBacala wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:52 pm every calabrese family in Canada I can say with good certainty that they have at least one or two made men
Dude. Seriously.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.