Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by CabriniGreen »

Who might Mirarchis Toronto backers be?

This Davide Barberio, do we think he's made? Same for D'damo, the Lasalle guy, the ponytail Forazzacco, I fucked up his name.... All these guys, did the Rizzutos make these guys? Like do the Rizzutos make their own people?

Who did Montagna meet in Ontario? Was it ever found out?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Ok, last one...

There are supposedly 9 ndrina in Ontario, one in Thunder Bay, I think? Where the hell is Thunder Bay, and who do you guys think these Thunder Bay people are?
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Thunder Bay (as well as Sault Ste. Marie), are small Ontario cities that have a decent Italian population, with cafes with greasy looking guys sitting outside and everything. Kinda reminds me of a similar situation like Scranton. They are a small cell and while they remain in contact with the other Ontario ndrine I doubt they have much pull or worry with the rest of the mafia groups in Ontario as they are fairy isolated. As long as their connection in southern Ontario aren’t disrupted. One thing of note is that Sault Ste. Marie (which isn’t too far from Thunder Bay) is a border town, and there’s lots of native reserves up there too, so these cells might be heavily involved in smuggling across the border.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Buffalo had guys sitting around FOR YEARS that could have been made MUCH earlier the likes of the Violi's. The family was going to shit I agree but something happened when Falzone got really sick and Todaro Jr took over. They started making the guys who should have been made in prior years and even asking around if guys such as Cece Luppino wanted to be straightened out. Add this recruitment drive of sorts to the fact that there could be a handful of made members who WERE NOT known to law enforcement and its not hard to come to 30 members across the vast territory the Buffalo family can/has claimed as there own.

Are you (wiseguy pogo) trying to say Violi says 30 but really means 13? Because that 'passing comment' becomes an outright lie. Also why would Dom Violi even agree to become a member of such a weak/defunct family? His brother we know had a choice Buffalo or Bonannos so its likely Dom had that very same choice but chose the former. Why attach yourself to a family with almost no power at 13 miserable old members and with no prospect of growth and expansion? It doesn't make sense.

We know Buffalo started making guys the obvious ones like Dom Violi but it's worth it to take a look at Cece Luppino who obviously had serious family connections but wasn't exactly an arch criminal and probably wouldn't even be known to law enforcement if it wasn't for his family name. They were casting a wider net while trying to rebuild the family and could even have made some completely legitimate guys also you could take those 13 members and straighten out a few of their sons and nephews shit even their grandsons if they're all 70/80 and your right around 30.

It's not impossible and paired with the words out of the mouth of the Underboss I believe it's likely.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Anthony Gerace (the nephew of Todaro Jr.) was indicted after federal agents searched his home in Clarence Center in January and found two hockey bags stuffed with marijuana, 14 firearms and $103,000 in cash, according to court papers.

This guy sounds like someone the Buffalo family might want to recruit if they haven't already. If you're going to recruit a Cece Luppino type you may as well recruit the guy who has drugs, guns and bags of cash stashed at home.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Lupara wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:06 am Different times, like before 9/11.

Nothing changed after 911. That is an explanation that was invented on the forums and never held water. I can make a list as long as my leg of LCN guys in NY, NJ, Philly, Boston, Providence, Chicago, Florida, Springfield, Florida and Connecticut who were busted after 911. Even Detroit, KC and Scranton have had members busted years after 911.

johnny_scootch wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:23 am Buffalo had guys sitting around FOR YEARS that could have been made MUCH earlier the likes of the Violi's. The family was going to shit I agree but something happened when Falzone got really sick and Todaro Jr took over. They started making the guys who should have been made in prior years and even asking around if guys such as Cece Luppino wanted to be straightened out. Add this recruitment drive of sorts to the fact that there could be a handful of made members who WERE NOT known to law enforcement and its not hard to come to 30 members across the vast territory the Buffalo family can/has claimed as there own.

Are you (wiseguy pogo) trying to say Violi says 30 but really means 13? Because that 'passing comment' becomes an outright lie. Also why would Dom Violi even agree to become a member of such a weak/defunct family? His brother we know had a choice Buffalo or Bonannos so its likely Dom had that very same choice but chose the former. Why attach yourself to a family with almost no power at 13 miserable old members and with no prospect of growth and expansion? It doesn't make sense.

We know Buffalo started making guys the obvious ones like Dom Violi but it's worth it to take a look at Cece Luppino who obviously had serious family connections but wasn't exactly an arch criminal and probably wouldn't even be known to law enforcement if it wasn't for his family name. They were casting a wider net while trying to rebuild the family and could even have made some completely legitimate guys also you could take those 13 members and straighten out a few of their sons and nephews shit even their grandsons if they're all 70/80 and your right around 30.

It's not impossible and paired with the words out of the mouth of the Underboss I believe it's likely.

So in between working at his pizza place all day and giving very public interviews to famous camera crews Joe Todaro is spearheading what would be the biggest LCN turnaround in history all the while (he and his 20 new active members) avoiding the attention of the FBI, local LE and long time Buffalo investigators (but not anyone on the internet apparently)? Yeah I can see it.

Like I said before we are now entering the 7th year of this mythical Buffalo resurgence and still nothing of substance out of Buffalo yet. How long before we can conclude this was just another case of the usual internet hype?

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Running a pizza joint has almost nothing to do with it. It’s actually better if he runs a pizza place, he’s just another average Joe right.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

But the million dollar question still is out there: Why would the F.B.I. purposely deny the existence of the Buffalo Family in 2017 & the former prosecutors again deny the existence of the Buffalo Family as a real organization in 2019 when most all the members are supposedly right there under their noses?
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

It’s the same question as to why don’t they arrest all known active lcn members? We don’t know the buffalo fbis budget (buffalo is not a huge huge city), their priorities, ect
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

I don’t think you guys understand how the fbi and these types of government agencies work
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:26 am

So in between working at his pizza place all day and giving very public interviews to famous camera crews

Pogo
Working at his pizza place all day? That's laughable. You think he's there making pies or something?

How many Mob guys have run restaurants and pizzerias yet still found time to be mobsters??? HUNDREDS probably

And interviews?? You mean Barstool? I don't see how that would interfere with anything, he's obviously trying to keep up the facade of a legit business owner. Something which he's been very good at.

WE KNOW he's the boss WE KNOW he's making and promoting guys within the family or are you denying those parts of the recordings of Violi made by Morena also?
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Lupara »

Pogo The Clown wrote:

Nothing changed after 911. That is an explanation that was invented on the forums and never held water. I can make a list as long as my leg of LCN guys in NY, NJ, Philly, Boston, Providence, Chicago, Florida, Springfield, Florida and Connecticut who were busted after 911. Even Detroit, KC and Scranton have had members busted years after 911.
This is new. So priorities did not swift away from the mob to terrorism? The feds did not redistribute their resources after 9/11?

If this was in fact invented, it was rather by David Chase than by forum posters. But where did David Chase get his inspiration from?

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

johnny_scootch wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:03 pm How many Mob guys have run restaurants and pizzerias yet still found time to be mobsters??? HUNDREDS probably

And in how many of those cases has the FBI publically stated, on more than one occasion, that those individuals are no longer running things?

Lupara wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:05 pm This is new. So priorities did not swift away from the mob to terrorism? The feds did not redistribute their resources after 9/11?

If this was in fact invented, it was rather by David Chase than by forum posters. But where did David Chase get his inspiration from?

Resources were shifted yes but LCN remained an OC priority as evidenced by the countless cases, as well as the Feds own words, we have seen in the post 911 era. Using 911 as an explanation for why we haven't seen a made member indicted in Buffalo going on 18 years now doesn't hold water when we have seen made members indicted in multiple families across the country in the same period.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

Pogo The Clown wrote:

johnny_scootch wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:23 am Buffalo had guys sitting around FOR YEARS that could have been made MUCH earlier the likes of the Violi's. The family was going to shit I agree but something happened when Falzone got really sick and Todaro Jr took over. They started making the guys who should have been made in prior years and even asking around if guys such as Cece Luppino wanted to be straightened out. Add this recruitment drive of sorts to the fact that there could be a handful of made members who WERE NOT known to law enforcement and its not hard to come to 30 members across the vast territory the Buffalo family can/has claimed as there own.

So in between working at his pizza place all day and giving very public interviews to famous camera crews Joe Todaro is spearheading what would be the biggest LCN turnaround in history all the while (he and his 20 new active members) avoiding the attention of the FBI, local LE and long time Buffalo investigators (but not anyone on the internet apparently)? Yeah I can see it.

Like I said before we are now entering the 7th year of this mythical Buffalo resurgence and still nothing of substance out of Buffalo yet. How long before we can conclude this was just another case of the usual internet hype?

Pogo
You, me and WG came to an agreement to wait 10 years before concluding who is right. I would like you to honor this agreement, otherwise I will have no choice but to let Sonny and his crew take the numbers racket in Harlem from you and share them with the locals. You want that? You got it.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn H3113 met Tapatalk

Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

Pogo The Clown wrote:
johnny_scootch wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:03 pm How many Mob guys have run restaurants and pizzerias yet still found time to be mobsters??? HUNDREDS probably

And in how many of those cases has the FBI publically stated, on more than one occasion, that those individuals are no longer running things?

Lupara wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:05 pm This is new. So priorities did not swift away from the mob to terrorism? The feds did not redistribute their resources after 9/11?

Resources were shifted yes but LCN remained an OC priority as evidenced by the countless cases, as well as the Feds own words, we have seen in the post 911 era. Using 911 as an explanation for why we haven't seen a made member indicted in Buffalo going on 18 years now doesn't hold water when we have seen made members indicted in multiple families across the country in the same period.

Pogo
I was responding to your argument on why the feds where hyping up the mob in Buffalo during a time when the mob was still their main fetish, not necessarily using 9/11 as an argument why Buffalo may have made some kind of a resurgance.