Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Moscone65 »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:48 pm
Moscone65 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:39 pm When and where did violi say most members were in the US?

Translated from this French article posted earlier in this thread. Still you don't need Violi to know that the majority of the membership is in the US. Even at the peak of the family Hamilton was a small outpost with only a small fraction of the family's membership.

As number two in the organization, some 30 Mafiosi are now under his command, mainly in the United States, but also in Hamilton, says Domenico Violi.

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/11 ... ppe-drogue
I think that’s miss information. There’s no transcripts available to the public of violi saying that.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:36 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:06 pm Most of the remaining membership is in Buffalo (not Canada) and they can be counted on two hands. Mostly in their 70s and 80s.
You just assume this is true.

The official underboss literally said to another made member they had '30 guys' (+/- 2). You can go with that 'passing comment' bullshit all you want but just because you deem it to be doesn't mean it is. It's not like you heard the tape and interpreted the context which would put you in a better position to deem it a 'passing comment' you just read the words off a computer screen like the rest of us so can you blame me and whoever else for believing the words that literally came out of the underbosses mouth over what you assume to be a 'passing comment'?
Good post.

It’s been posted several times by myself how easily the Buffalo family could be at 30 odd members, in a variety of circumstances and fashions.

We have the verbatim quotes of an official underboss who’s either outright making things up, or he’s not.

That people on here would dismiss this outright, and jump through hoops to do so, speaks more to themselves pursuing their narrative than others who are looking at evidence without one.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

30 is a strange number to make a passing comment about... why not 50 or 100....
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Moscone65 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:34 pm I think that’s miss information. There’s no transcripts available to the public of violi saying that.

There are no transcripts available to the public period. We've only seen a few quotes that appeared in that one article. Regardless you don't need it to know that the majority of the membership has always been in the US.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Typically a passing comment of exaggeration would go like this, “ya Vito, Minchia I jumped over like a hundred guys to get this spot, Joe told me personally.”
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:41 pm
Moscone65 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:34 pm I think that’s miss information. There’s no transcripts available to the public of violi saying that.

There are no transcripts available to the public period. We've only seen a few quotes that appeared in that one article. Regardless you don't need it to know that the majority of the membership has always been in the US.

Pogo
If it’s true that the Luppino family and (whatever is left) of the papalia group are part of buffalo, why can’t there be more guys or an almost equal amount in Canada? If Authorities consider the Luppino group an active “family” then it can be assumed it has more than 2 or 3 guys
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Moscone65 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:44 pm

Pogo
If it’s true that the Luppino family and (whatever is left) of the papalia group are part of buffalo, why can’t there be more guys or an almost equal amount in Canada? If Authorities consider the Luppino group an active “family” then it can be assumed it has more than 2 or 3 guys
I’m sure Pogo and Wiseguy can find some excuse, likely without any base, to solve this logical reasoning.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Yeah I'm really struggling to find an excuse to counter Moscone's "why cant's" and "assumed". :roll: Silly me for putting more weight into what the head of the Buffalo FBI said in 2017 or what former prosecutors (guys who you know actually investigated Buffalo for years) said in 2019. I should have known that it was you guys who figured it all out all along.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:38 pm
Good post.

It’s been posted several times by myself how easily the Buffalo family could be at 30 odd members, in a variety of circumstances and fashions.

We have the verbatim quotes of an official underboss who’s either outright making things up, or he’s not.

That people on here would dismiss this outright, and jump through hoops to do so, speaks more to themselves pursuing their narrative than others who are looking at evidence without one.
Your theory (and very generous math) of how they could have bounced back to over 30 doesn't hold water.

Let's go through it again.

Sticking with the known facts, the family dropped from 45 members in 1989 to 23 members in 2006. That's a clear drop in numbers.

But wait, we're not done. At least 10 known members died from 2006 to 2017 when Violi made his 30 member comment. That would leave 13 guys left.

So, we're supposed to believe a family like Buffalo made nearly 20 guys over a decade? After not making anywhere those numbers for years. Suddenly they find the wherewithal and manpower to go on this massive recruiting drive? In the 21st century?

This just doesn't happen.
All roads lead to New York.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Pogo
Why would the F.B.I. deny the existence of the Buffalo Mafia Family? Would it not be to their advantage to acknowledge the Family if it truly existed as a 30 plus Family (the majority in Buffalo) in order to get funding and job security? Has the F.B.I ever purposely denied the existence of any Mafia Family in America previously to your knowledge? Why would Buffalo be the exception?
I see no logical reason for the Buffalo F.B.I. to purposely not acknowledge the existence of the Buffalo Family. Do you?
I guess it all boils down to either believing the Tape of Violi and taking it literally or believing the Feds.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Oh ya the feds like bongiovanni who intentionally tried to prevent investigations into buffalo organized crime figures and who may have other buddies doing something similar
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

You guys give these guys too much credit. If you notice they go after easy cases like the brokester crews In nyc, merlino, or any of the brain dead morons in Springfield. What about the current Gambino admin, or Barney “the ghost” Bellomo? Seems to me they take some “Italian” morons, slap lcn on the case and they are happy, just because it’s easy.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Confederate wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:08 pm Why would the F.B.I. deny the existence of the Buffalo Mafia Family? Would it not be to their advantage to acknowledge the Family if it truly existed as a 30 plus Family (the majority in Buffalo) in order to get funding and job security? Has the F.B.I ever purposely denied the existence of any Mafia Family in America previously to your knowledge? Why would Buffalo be the exception?
I see no logical reason for the Buffalo F.B.I. to purposely not acknowledge the existence of the Buffalo Family. Do you?
I guess it all boils down to either believing the Tape of Violi and taking it literally or believing the Feds.

Correct they wouldn't. In fact it is the opposite. There is that video with Coppola recounting conversations with several LE officials in the late 1990s about his article on the death of the Buffalo mob. How they didn't like it and how they were pretty much propping the mob up so as not to be reassigned from their current cushy jobs. So as early as the late 1990s Buffalo was on its last legs and LE was artificially hyping them up.

Pogo
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Lupara »

Pogo The Clown wrote:
Confederate wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:08 pm Why would the F.B.I. deny the existence of the Buffalo Mafia Family? Would it not be to their advantage to acknowledge the Family if it truly existed as a 30 plus Family (the majority in Buffalo) in order to get funding and job security? Has the F.B.I ever purposely denied the existence of any Mafia Family in America previously to your knowledge? Why would Buffalo be the exception?

Correct they wouldn't. In fact it is the opposite. There is that video with Coppola recounting conversations with several LE officials in the late 1990s about his article on the death of the Buffalo mob. How they didn't like it and how they were pretty much propping the mob up so as not to be reassigned from their current cushy jobs. So as early as the late 1990s Buffalo was on its last legs and LE was artificially hyping them up.

Pogo
Different times, like before 9/11.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn H3113 met Tapatalk

CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

So what was special about 2015, that Dom Violi was made then, and not sooner?

No one else thinks Zummo was trying to set up a better line to the coke? Through the Violis?

Also, do the Violis control the smuggling routes through the Indian reservation? The Augustino-Albanese were paying them a tax, for what? The product, or the territory, or the routes? The Violis don't control Montreal, so it must be either the product, or routes, no?

The Violis guys, like Massamilliano Carfagna, is that it? Are they made?

Who told Dom Violi about the Musitano hits.... And by extension who ordered them? Do we think the Rizzutos ordered the hits, then told the Violis? Probably not, right? So who, then? How do they connect to Serrano, and the Barberi hits?

We're the Violis in with the Scoppa clan? When Violi said, all the old divisions are gone, did he expect the Scoppas to take over imminently?

Is the Wolfpack, even still the Wolfpack?