Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Moscone65 »

Wasn’t it counted before though there were around a dozen or so made guys in buffalo? So then you had the Luppino and Papalia crews/families, I think it’s possible to account for the remaining 18 guys. Plus some of those 18 remaining guys can also consist of made guys part of buffalo scattered through upstate New York (Rochester, Utica, ect), and who was it Panaro or capitano that’s in Vegas?
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:39 pm
johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:36 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:06 pm Most of the remaining membership is in Buffalo (not Canada) and they can be counted on two hands. Mostly in their 70s and 80s.
You just assume this is true.

The official underboss literally said to another made member they had '30 guys' (+/- 2). You can go with that 'passing comment' bullshit all you want but just because you deem it to be doesn't mean it is. It's not like you heard the tape and interpreted the context which would put you in a better position to deem it a 'passing comment' you just read the words off a computer screen like the rest of us so can you blame me and whoever else for believing the words that literally came out of the underbosses mouth over what you assume to be a 'passing comment'?
I'm just pulling an assumption out of thin air. I've explained several times why it's very unlikely they have 30+ members.

If you want to go with what Violi said, you basically have to believe there are 20 or so members in Canada, most of whom have been made relatively recently.

When the base of the family (Buffalo) has only around 10 guys left, most in their 70s and 80s, who is ignorant or gullible enough to believe twice as many guys are in Hamilton?
Maybe this has been stated previously, but does anybody have NAMES of the 20 or so guys in Hamilton? Who are they? How did they get made recently with nobody knowing about them?
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Now this ain’t an excuse but it’s difficult to get names in Canada. I know two guys in their late 40’s/early 50’s that are definitely either made members or high level associates of one of a local Woodbridge ndrina, and their names do not come up anywhere on official lists (although some relatives do)
BobbyBacala
On Record

Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by BobbyBacala »

Moscone65 wrote:Now this ain’t an excuse but it’s difficult to get names in Canada. I know two guys in their late 40’s/early 50’s that are definitely either made members or high level associates of one of a local Woodbridge ndrina, and their names do not come up anywhere on official lists (although some relatives do)
100% there are lots of guys that are made men in canada and the cops dont know about them at all why cant the same situation happen in the states?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Moscone65 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:53 pm Now this ain’t an excuse but it’s difficult to get names in Canada. I know two guys in their late 40’s/early 50’s that are definitely either made members or high level associates of one of a local Woodbridge ndrina, and their names do not come up anywhere on official lists (although some relatives do)
Okay, but the Woodbridge ndrina is not the Buffalo Family that you guys have debated.
So, basically, you don't have any names of 20 Buffalo/Hamilton members? Correct?
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

BobbyBacala wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:59 pm
Moscone65 wrote:Now this ain’t an excuse but it’s difficult to get names in Canada. I know two guys in their late 40’s/early 50’s that are definitely either made members or high level associates of one of a local Woodbridge ndrina, and their names do not come up anywhere on official lists (although some relatives do)
100% there are lots of guys that are made men in canada and the cops dont know about them at all why cant the same situation happen in the states?

Cops in Canada & the F.B.I. in the States are completely two different things. No comparison.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Confederate wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:02 pm
Moscone65 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:53 pm Now this ain’t an excuse but it’s difficult to get names in Canada. I know two guys in their late 40’s/early 50’s that are definitely either made members or high level associates of one of a local Woodbridge ndrina, and their names do not come up anywhere on official lists (although some relatives do)
Okay, but the Woodbridge ndrina is not the Buffalo Family that you guys have debated.
So, basically, you don't have any names of 20 Buffalo/Hamilton members? Correct?
Not 20, maybe around 10. And to your above comment no it is not the buffalo mafia but it is a very similar scenario and a reasonable explanation as to why there can be unknown made guys that have been made for a few years.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

The majority of the members are in the US from what Violi said (and what we know of the family). As late as 2017 we have the head of Buffalo FBI office saying there are only a handful of surviving members in the area with no viable organization, no leader and no organized crime activity.

So if we are to take Violi's "beating 30 guys" at face value that would mean there are almost 20 new active members running around Buffalo whose existence and criminal activity have totally escaped the attention of the FBI (as well as local LE and former prosecutors). Isn't it far more likely and realistic that Violi's statement was just a passing comment not be taken at face value?

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:16 pm The majority of the members are in the US from what Violi said (and what we know of the family). As late as 2017 we have the head of Buffalo FBI office saying there are only a handful of surviving members in the area with no viable organization, no leader and no organized crime activity.

So if we are to take Violi's "beating 30 guys" at face value that would mean there are almost 20 new active members running around Buffalo whose existence and criminal activity have totally escaped the attention of the FBI (as well as local LE and former prosecutors). Isn't it far more likely and realistic that Violi's statement was just a passing comment not be taken at face value?

Pogo
Yes. In addition, the Mob guys lie & exaggerate all the time listening to & reading taped conversations. Also, if you're saying that the 20 extra guys are in Buffalo, then the United States F.B.I would know all about them. In fact, it's to the F.B.I.'S ADVANTAGE to acknowledge the existence of a Mafia Family for funding & job security. Why would they deny something that exists? Am I missing something. lol
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

BobbyBacala wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:59 pm100% there are lots of guys that are made men in canada and the cops dont know about them at all why cant the same situation happen in the states?

Talk about assumptions.
Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:16 pm Isn't it far more likely and realistic that Violi's statement was just a passing comment not be taken at face value?
Yes, but it's not as exciting as the alternative.
All roads lead to New York.
BobbyBacala
On Record

Post by BobbyBacala »

Wiseguy wrote:
BobbyBacala wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:59 pm100% there are lots of guys that are made men in canada and the cops dont know about them at all why cant the same situation happen in the states?

Talk about assumptions.
Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:16 pm Isn't it far more likely and realistic that Violi's statement was just a passing comment not be taken at face value?
Yes, but it's not as exciting as the alternative.
I know for a fact there's lots of made guys that are not known to police not trying to be a jerk off ova heaaa lol

Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:16 pm The majority of the members are in the US from what Violi said (and what we know of the family). As late as 2017 we have the head of Buffalo FBI office saying there are only a handful of surviving members in the area with no viable organization, no leader and no organized crime activity.

Pogo
When and where did violi say most members were in the US?
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

You guys are constantly contradicting each other. Wiseguy says it’s mostly a Canadian group with a Hamilton resurgence, pogo is arguing that it’s mostly American, yet you guys agree with each other? Talk about inconsistency
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Moscone65 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:39 pm When and where did violi say most members were in the US?

Translated from this French article posted earlier in this thread. Still you don't need Violi to know that the majority of the membership is in the US. Even at the peak of the family Hamilton was a small outpost with only a small fraction of the family's membership.

As number two in the organization, some 30 Mafiosi are now under his command, mainly in the United States, but also in Hamilton, says Domenico Violi.

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/11 ... ppe-drogue
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

BobbyBacala wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:39 pmI known to police not trying to be a jerk off ova heaaa lol

Yes, I'm sure you walked around and took a census of members in the area and they were all more than forthcoming about their made status. :roll:

Try visiting planet earth sometime.
Moscone65 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:41 pm You guys are constantly contradicting each other. Wiseguy says it’s mostly a Canadian group with a Hamilton resurgence, pogo is arguing that it’s mostly American, yet you guys agree with each other? Talk about inconsistency
Or.....you're just having a hard time keeping up, as usual.

I never said it was mostly a Canadian group. I've repeatedly said the evidence shows most of the membership is in Buffalo. I think the Hamilton crew is very small and they've simply had some activity as of late. People can call it a resurgance, if they want, but it seems that it came and went.

Meanwhile you guys are waiting with crossed fingers for something that is never going to happen, i.e. the feds holding a press conference or something and announcing the return of the Buffalo mob.
Pogo the Clown wrote:Translated from this French article posted earlier in this thread. Still you don't need Violi to know that the majority of the membership is in the US. Even at the peak of the family Hamilton was a small outpost with only a small fraction of the family's membership.
This is where they change things up and start grasping at straws about a bunch of members flying under the radar here in the U.S. and law enforcement being totally unaware of them.
All roads lead to New York.