Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Moscone65 »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:49 pm
Moscone65 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:33 pm But on a side note, wiseguy we are starting to see some more cases of “mob connected” (whether that be past or present connections) guys getting in hot water on the buffalo side of the border.
Your post above is a perfect example of the hogwash that keeps getting thrown around. Have you actually looked into these cases you're talking about? Because I have and they don't support your belief. It's easy to just talk about "cases" in a general sense but the devil is in the details.
Your case is getting weaker by the week,
First, it isn't. Second, it's ironic that you talk about "by the week," i.e. the short term. That's your problem, you don't look at the big picture and general trends. Just what you want in isolation.

And what's this nonsense about NY using Buffalo as a proxy to fight wars in Canada? The NY families don't have much of a presence at all out west anymore. Their presence in South Florida is in decline. Even three of the NY families may not have a standing crew in New Jersey anymore. But they're trying to take control of things in Canada by remote? This is fantasy. Good for a B mob movie but not reality.
matter of time before an official law enforcement announcement, I think.
An announcement of what? That the feds have been wrong all along and there still is a functioning family in Buffalo? You're dreaming, pal. And you guys claim to not be motivated by wishful thinking.
Minchia ur getting very defensive, you sound nervous wiseguy what’s the matter. Your scared your “safe” argument that you’ve taken for years might be finally coming to an end? That’s what I think. I’m not in a mood for bantering, just wanted to see if you were still with us or if you packed your bags yet. I guess your holding on tight, good your a persistent bastard!
BobbyBacala
On Record

Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by BobbyBacala »

Moscone65 wrote:
Moscone65 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:33 pm But on a side note, wiseguy we are starting to see some more cases of “mob connected” (whether that be past or present connections) guys getting in hot water on the buffalo side of the border.
Your post above is a perfect example of the hogwash that keeps getting thrown around. Have you actually looked into these cases you're talking about? Because I have and they don't support your belief. It's easy to just talk about "cases" in a general sense but the devil is in the details.
First, it isn't. Second, it's ironic that you talk about "by the week," i.e. the short term. That's your problem, you don't look at the big picture and general trends. Just what you want in isolation.

And what's this nonsense about NY using Buffalo as a proxy to fight wars in Canada? The NY families don't have much of a presence at all out west anymore. Their presence in South Florida is in decline. Even three of the NY families may not have a standing crew in New Jersey anymore. But they're trying to take control of things in Canada by remote? This is fantasy. Good for a B mob movie but not reality.
An announcement of what? That the feds have been wrong all along and there still is a functioning family in Buffalo? You're dreaming, pal. And you guys claim to not be motivated by wishful thinking.
Minchia ur getting very defensive, you sound nervous wiseguy what’s the matter. Your scared your “safe” argument that you’ve taken for years might be finally coming to an end? That’s what I think. I’m not in a mood for bantering, just wanted to see if you were still with us or if you packed your bags yet. I guess your holding on tight, good your a persistent bastard!
Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

I don’t know by what definition Ontario is “out west”. Ya geographically speaking it’s west of ny but by no means are the Great Lakes remotely close to being considered our west.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Moscone65 »

BobbyBacala wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:47 pm
Moscone65 wrote:

Lol

What’s your honest opinion on this matter bobby?
BobbyBacala
On Record

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by BobbyBacala »

Moscone65 wrote:
BobbyBacala wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:47 pm
Moscone65 wrote:

Lol

What’s your honest opinion on this matter bobby?
I'm lost on the states bro I only know Canada

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Moscone65 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:46 pmMinchia ur getting very defensive, you sound nervous wiseguy what’s the matter. Your scared your “safe” argument that you’ve taken for years might be finally coming to an end? That’s what I think. I’m not in a mood for bantering, just wanted to see if you were still with us or if you packed your bags yet. I guess your holding on tight, good your a persistent bastard!
As I said, I'll (well, the evidence really) be proven right with Buffalo just as I was with Detroit. Where is all the clamor we saw on the forums a decade ago about Detroit still going? Crickets.
Moscone65 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:48 pm I don’t know by what definition Ontario is “out west”. Ya geographically speaking it’s west of ny but by no means are the Great Lakes remotely close to being considered our west.
I was talking about the western states in the U.S. The point being, the American LCN is an almost completely domestic operation, with regional - not national - scope. If it's territory is receding in it's own country, how likely is it that it's making moves to expand its influence in Canada? Much less using the remnants of a family - a dozen or so members, most of which are in their 70s and 80s - to fight a proxy war for them?
All roads lead to New York.
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

And regarding Manning saying "gangland-style killings in Canada show they are starting to become active again," the question is, are the Musitano, Ivarone, and Luppino murders more a reflection of the unrest in the Canadian underworld that's been going on for years now than any kind of resurgance of the Buffalo family?
All roads lead to New York.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:29 am
Moscone65 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:46 pmMinchia ur getting very defensive, you sound nervous wiseguy what’s the matter. Your scared your “safe” argument that you’ve taken for years might be finally coming to an end? That’s what I think. I’m not in a mood for bantering, just wanted to see if you were still with us or if you packed your bags yet. I guess your holding on tight, good your a persistent bastard!
As I said, I'll (well, the evidence really) be proven right with Buffalo just as I was with Detroit. Where is all the clamor we saw on the forums a decade ago about Detroit still going? Crickets.
Moscone65 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:48 pm I don’t know by what definition Ontario is “out west”. Ya geographically speaking it’s west of ny but by no means are the Great Lakes remotely close to being considered our west.
I was talking about the western states in the U.S. The point being, the American LCN is an almost completely domestic operation, with regional - not national - scope. If it's territory is receding in it's own country, how likely is it that it's making moves to expand its influence in Canada? Much less using the remnants of a family - a dozen or so members, most of which are in their 70s and 80s - to fight a proxy war for them?
I think it’s incorrect to count out New York influence in Canada. I think your over generalizing “New York”. New York is huge and there’s tons of lcn members there, so ya your average crew of neighborhood guys that seldom leave nyc likely have nothing to do with it, but there are mafiosi in nyc that have international scope. (Like Cali, Mannino, certain bonnanos) like we heard about before, when Vito rizzuto was released and on other occasions certain people from New York have made visits to Canada. So yes, there’s certain mobsters in nyc with a large international reach that have relatives, compari, and business interests in Canada, and they are no doubt well respected since nyc is the hub of North American Italian organized crime.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Another point, how about damiano zummo and the bonnanos that we’re trying to make guys here. How about joe violi having the choice to being made with the bonnanos? I’m curious to who’s pulling the shots and telling them to do this. It seems unlikely that mikey nose would have interest in this but maybe he does. I think he has more pull than most of us believe. When there’s money to be made, all bets are off.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Moscone65 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:25 am Another point, how about damiano zummo and the bonnanos that we’re trying to make guys here. How about joe violi having the choice to being made with the bonnanos? I’m curious to who’s pulling the shots and telling them to do this. It seems unlikely that mikey nose would have interest in this but maybe he does. I think he has more pull than most of us believe. When there’s money to be made, all bets are off.
Wasn't it Capeci that wrote that Mancuso wanted to be updated on what was going on in Canada and he's keeping on eye on what was going on.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Frank wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:39 am
Moscone65 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:25 am Another point, how about damiano zummo and the bonnanos that we’re trying to make guys here. How about joe violi having the choice to being made with the bonnanos? I’m curious to who’s pulling the shots and telling them to do this. It seems unlikely that mikey nose would have interest in this but maybe he does. I think he has more pull than most of us believe. When there’s money to be made, all bets are off.
Wasn't it Capeci that wrote that Mancuso wanted to be updated on what was going on in Canada and he's keeping on eye on what was going on.
It probably was, ya
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

These are the questions we should be asking, but the conversation always tilts to whether there is or isnt a Buffalo, when the question should be why Buffalo and why NOW.....
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

CabriniGreen wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:22 am
These are the questions we should be asking, but the conversation always tilts to whether there is or isnt a Buffalo, when the question should be why Buffalo and why NOW.....
Agreed
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

CabriniGreen wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:22 am
What’s strange is, like Moscone said, why were the Violis made in the Buffalo family? Why join a “dead” or defunct family? And if the Buffalo family was resurrected to regain control over Ontario, why would the Bonannos also be making people in Canada?

If we’re lucky, that corrupt DEA agent flips and Todaro gets pulled in on a Rico case, who then flips and can fill us in on wtf has been going on.

But I think Wiseguy is right to be skeptical. A lot of this doesn’t make sense and is unprecedented.

And that journalist in the video AntComello posted is rightfully skeptical too.