Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Moscone65 »

Yep a matter of time before we hear some new I think. I just hope they don’t give a half ass inconclusive answer like they usually do
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Gerace
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

Hmmmm so hes Tadaro’s nephew....something smells fishy
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Another person said he’s todaro jnrs brother in law, regardless they are related by family
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

I just hope whatever todaro is up to is concealed well, he seems like a decent jovial guy, I doubt he is hands on with this, probably he just permits business to happen (it’s gonna happen whether he permits it or people get mad and go behind his back), gets an envelope and keeps everyone happy/solves disputes
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Lupara »

Moscone65 wrote:I just hope whatever todaro is up to is concealed well, he seems like a decent jovial guy, I doubt he is hands on with this, probably he just permits business to happen (it’s gonna happen whether he permits it or people get mad and go behind his back), gets an envelope and keeps everyone happy/solves disputes
Probably something like that.
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

Moscone65 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:39 pm I just hope whatever todaro is up to is concealed well, he seems like a decent jovial guy, I doubt he is hands on with this, probably he just permits business to happen (it’s gonna happen whether he permits it or people get mad and go behind his back), gets an envelope and keeps everyone happy/solves disputes
I agree I don’t see Tadaro being involved in anything illegal beside giving his approval on things and getting an envolope.
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

I-Team: Is strip club raid a sign of Buffalo Mafia resurgence?
Crimes north of Canadian border alleged

https://www.wkbw.com/news/i-team/i-team ... resurgence
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

antimafia wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:20 pm I-Team: Is strip club raid a sign of Buffalo Mafia resurgence?
Crimes north of Canadian border alleged

https://www.wkbw.com/news/i-team/i-team ... resurgence
tenor (2).gif
But former Hamilton, Ont., police officer Paul Manning said any reports of the mob’s extinction are inaccurate.

“That's just not true,” Manning said. “There's definitely a presence.”
Define "presence."
He acknowledged the Buffalo crime family was weakened in the 1990s and 2000s, but said recent gangland-style killings in Canada show they are starting to become active again.
Premature conclusion.
The Buffalo gangsters now are “nothing more than a satellite family to control Ontario and parts of Montreal,” Manning said.

New York City crime families, he said, are using Buffalo underworld figures to fight a “proxy war” in Canada because they are hoping to tap into the 9 million people in the country’s “Golden Horseshoe” region.
Tap into the 9 million people how, especially with what little is remaining in Buffalo/Hamilton? Seems more theory than anything.
“You've got a reemergence because there's so much profit to be made north of the Border,” Manning said.
If that's the case, hasn't the potential for profit always been there? Why hasn't Buffalo, or New York through Buffalo proxy, done this over the past 20 years?

At least Coppola has some sense and doesn't fall for the hype.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All roads lead to New York.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

^^^^
If the sarcastic GIF is for my benefit, I could do without the criticism. I post links to articles whose authors I don't agree with, as well as to articles I don't agree with. My approach on Twitter is the same when I tweet article links.

I haven't really made my thoughts explicitly known -- on this forum, the other forum, or Twitter -- about whether Italian organized-crime activity in Ontario and Quebec over the last three or four years is overseen by or related to Italian organized-crime groups in the State of New York and vice versa. By "activity," I also mean murders, attempted murders, other violence, other criminal acts, and busts, not just illicit activity -- because that's how some mobwatchers (forum posters, mob experts, OC journalists, OC authors, and law enforcement) seem to be defining the word, which IMHO is a strange way of defining it.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

antimafia wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:59 pm ^^^^
If the sarcastic GIF is for my benefit, I could do without the criticism. I post links to articles whose authors I don't agree with, as well as to articles I don't agree with. My approach on Twitter is the same when I tweet article links.
No, it wasn't directed toward you, per se. Its my reaction anytime this subject comes up in one way or another. And my responses were to nobody in particular.
I haven't really made my thoughts explicitly known -- on this forum, the other forum, or Twitter -- about whether Italian organized-crime activity in Ontario and Quebec over the last three or four years is overseen by or related to Italian organized-crime groups in the State of New York and vice versa. By "activity," I also mean murders, attempted murders, other violence, other criminal acts, and busts, not just illicit activity -- because that's how some mobwatchers (forum posters, mob experts, OC journalists, OC authors, and law enforcement) seem to be defining the word, which IMHO is a strange way of defining it.
I don't think anyone is discounting any of that as activity. Rather, the questions or objections are regarding some of the conclusions people are drawing from that activity.

As I said above, Coppola got it right in that article. Except for one thing, and that's assuming the article is paraphrasing him right. From what I've seen of this case (indictment, press release, articles) prosecutors aren't "grasping in their attempt to connect current criminal activity to the old crime syndicate." The allegation has simply been Bongiovanni taking bribes and protecting "individuals whom [he] believed to be members of, connected to, or associated with Italian Organized Crime (IOC)."

In other words, prosecutors haven't gone that far to draw a mob connection beyond what Bongiovanni's own belief was. Nor have they commented in any way how his arrest reflects on the current state of the Buffalo mob. It's just the media, and others, arriving at these conclusions on their own. Heck, people even arrive at conclusions about the feds not saying something, if it fits a certain narrative.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

“ The allegations against Bongiovanni, the former DEA agent, follow the same pattern, and the I-Team has learned that Bongiovanni is not the only police officer suspected of breaking the law.” I wonder if this isn’t a mistake on their part. If not, who are these corrupt cops and what is their involvement? Perhaps more details will surface soon
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

But on a side note, wiseguy we are starting to see some more cases of “mob connected” (whether that be past or present connections) guys getting in hot water on the buffalo side of the border. Your case is getting weaker by the week, matter of time before an official law enforcement announcement, I think.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Moscone65 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:33 pm But on a side note, wiseguy we are starting to see some more cases of “mob connected” (whether that be past or present connections) guys getting in hot water on the buffalo side of the border.
Your post above is a perfect example of the hogwash that keeps getting thrown around. Have you actually looked into these cases you're talking about? Because I have and they don't support your belief. It's easy to just talk about "cases" in a general sense but the devil is in the details.
Your case is getting weaker by the week,
First, it isn't. Second, it's ironic that you talk about "by the week," i.e. the short term. That's your problem, you don't look at the big picture and general trends. Just what you want in isolation.

And what's this nonsense about NY using Buffalo as a proxy to fight wars in Canada? The NY families don't have much of a presence at all out west anymore. Their presence in South Florida is in decline. Even three of the NY families may not have a standing crew in New Jersey anymore. But they're trying to take control of things in Canada by remote? This is fantasy. Good for a B mob movie but not reality.
matter of time before an official law enforcement announcement, I think.
An announcement of what? That the feds have been wrong all along and there still is a functioning family in Buffalo? You're dreaming, pal. And you guys claim to not be motivated by wishful thinking.