Buffalino ran Youngstown??

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Buffalino ran Youngstown??

Post by JeremyTheJew »

At 41:35 this idiot claims buffalino really ran Youngstown....not Pitts or Cleveland... And that genovese had crews there also...

I hate even going over this guy... But that's like a brazen statement if think to say it was buffalino.... Where he get that from??
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Re: Buffalino ran Youngstown??

Post by JeremyTheJew »

FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:06 pm At 41:35 this idiot claims buffalino really ran Youngstown....not Pitts or Cleveland... And that genovese had crews there also...

I hate even going over this guy... But that's like a brazen statement if think to say it was buffalino.... Where he get that from??
News for me. However there was a big businessman from Youngstown that knew him. No, it wasn't Ed.
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
IrishDave
Straightened out

Post by IrishDave »

Buffalino may of had people there. I believe at one point Buffalo had a few guys. One of the Naples brothers were with Buffalo if I remember correctly.
Nepa31
Straightened out

Post by Nepa31 »

He definitely didn’t run Youngstown but he had a few interests there for sure. I’ll dig threw my stuff and find out what it was.
Nepa31
Straightened out

Post by Nepa31 »

He had a few bookies paying him protection money that I believe Joey Naples allowed him to have in exchange for a piece of the garbage business Bufalino and D’Elia has put there. I’m pretty sure him and Naples were tight
Grouchy Sinatra
Full Patched

Post by Grouchy Sinatra »

I've tried to listen to a few of his shows because the topics seemed interesting but in each one he spent a good 45 minutes ranting about these other mob journalists he doesn't like. In one case he was even saying he was going to fight the guy when he saw him. lol. In each of the he didn't get to the topic until the very end and it seemed kind of abbreviated like he just wanted to wrap up the show.
Glick told author Nicholas Pileggi that he expected to meet a banker-type individual, but instead, he found Alvin Baron to be a gruff, tough-talking cigar-chomping Teamster who greeted him with, “What the fuck do you want?”
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Grouchy Sinatra wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:15 pm I've tried to listen to a few of his shows because the topics seemed interesting but in each one he spent a good 45 minutes ranting about these other mob journalists he doesn't like. In one case he was even saying he was going to fight the guy when he saw him. lol. In each of the he didn't get to the topic until the very end and it seemed kind of abbreviated like he just wanted to wrap up the show.
I clicked on an episode once and he spent the first 30 min talking about how he told off Dave Schratweiser at one of Merlino’s court appearances. And he says he knows “Joey” and talks like he’s cool with him. I guarantee Merlino wouldn’t piss on this kid if he were on fire.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Deceased businessman Vic Calautti was close to Bufalino, he washed all of Russell’s $$$ overseas. He did the same for D’Elia who was close to Joey Naples, as well as John Stanfa, Mike Genovese and a few others.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=32 ... town&hl=en

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=NS ... utti&hl=en
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Wow. Didn't realize Youngstown had so much going on. Guess why it was nicknamed mafia town....

Napa... U said if Joey Naples allowed buffalino... Wouldn't it more be the other way around....?

Technically Naples was only a soldier even tho really a capo as well as a "territory boss"
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:46 pm Wow. Didn't realize Youngstown had so much going on. Guess why it was nicknamed mafia town....

Napa... U said if Joey Naples allowed buffalino... Wouldn't it more be the other way around....?

Technically Naples was only a soldier even tho really a capo as well as a "territory boss"
Naples reported directly to Kelly Mannarino until 1980 when Kelly died, Mannarino was one of Bufalino’s closest friends outside of their business, they vacationed together for years and their wives spent a lot of time together. Bufalino had the waste hauling scheme in Youngstown for years, it was worked out long before Mannarino passed away. Pittsburgh’s business model had territory bosses since its inception. Naples was formally made in 1987 along with Lenine Strollo. Prior to that, he was Jimmy Prato’s protege and successor, Prato and Mannarino were tight. Joey was respected as a high ranking associate. He worked particularly well with D’Elia and Bufalino along with Chucky Porter who was Mike Genovese’s conduits to other family bosses, mainly Bufalino and Scarfo in the 1980’s, D’Elia represented RB while RB was in prison.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

JCB1977 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:01 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:46 pm Wow. Didn't realize Youngstown had so much going on. Guess why it was nicknamed mafia town....

Naples reported directly to Kelly Mannarino until 1980 when Kelly died, Mannarino was one of Bufalino’s closest friends outside of their business, they vacationed together for years and their wives spent a lot of time together. Bufalino had the waste hauling scheme in Youngstown for years, it was worked out long before Mannarino passed away. Pittsburgh’s business model had territory bosses since its inception. Naples was formally made in 1987 along with Lenine Strollo. Prior to that, he was Jimmy Prato’s protege and successor, Prato and Mannarino were tight. Joey was respected as a high ranking associate. He worked particularly well with D’Elia and Bufalino along with Chucky Porter who was Mike Genovese’s conduits to other family bosses, mainly Bufalino and Scarfo in the 1980’s, D’Elia represented RB while RB was in prison.
Is there any books I can get??
Nothing really on Pitts at all.
The only buffalo post magadino years is Mob Nemesis. Is that good?

How is the buffalino book??
Nepa31
Straightened out

Post by Nepa31 »

Yes and No. I think regardless of rank Youngstown was Youngstown’s. By that I mean they would work with other families in a mutually beneficial situation but they weren’t going to let someone from another family outearn them in their town. D’elia was a whiz when it came to the garbage business and in the end of Bufalino’s time on the street it allowed them to make huge money once the garment business declined and the number of envelopes coming Bufalino’s way was shrinking by the day.

Don’t sleep on how much action was going on in Youngstown back then fellas. Tons of money changing hands and bodies dropping like flies. I’ve heard a few stories from Dickie. If any of those guys were anything like him it’s a scary thought. Absolute stone cold maniac.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Nepa31 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:02 pm

Yes and No. I think regardless of rank Youngstown was Youngstown’s. By that I mean they would work with other families in a mutually beneficial situation but they weren’t going to let someone from another family outearn them in their town. D’elia was a whiz when it came to the garbage business and in the end of Bufalino’s time on the street it allowed them to make huge money once the garment business declined and the number of envelopes coming Bufalino’s way was shrinking by the day.

Don’t sleep on how much action was going on in Youngstown back then fellas. Tons of money changing hands and bodies dropping like flies. I’ve heard a few stories from Dickie. If any of those guys were anything like him it’s a scary thought. Absolute stone cold maniac.
I’m coming in late here, but Bufalino did NOT run Youngstown. Different crews, he had no jurisdiction there. He may have did a few deals there (with approval I might add). But his was Pittston-Scranton, and the general Binghamton area and parts of upstate NY.... period!
-
Same as any crew. You just don’t decide to tread over other people “property” and area
Nepa31
Straightened out

Post by Nepa31 »

maxiestern11 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:08 pm
Nepa31 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:02 pm

I’m coming in late here, but Bufalino did NOT run Youngstown. Different crews, he had no jurisdiction there. He may have did a few deals there (with approval I might add). But his was Pittston-Scranton, and the general Binghamton area and parts of upstate NY.... period!
-
Same as any crew. You just don’t decide to tread over other people “property” and area
I agree on most counts. Keep in mind I DID NOT say he ran Youngstown. The only thing I would add is that Bufalino controlled a larger area than most realize or give him credit for. Don’t forget there was Baltimore, parts of Delaware, pretty much all of Pa minus Philly and Pittsburgh, a small crew in Florida, a much larger portion of upstate NY than he’s ever truly been acknowledged of being under his direction, his hold on a lot of the entertainment industry in California and he was in charge of a HUGE portion of the garment district in NYC. He actually spent more time in NYC on a weekly basis than Pa. that’s why he was so close with the heads of the Big 5.