Lucchese Trial

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JohnnyS
Full Patched

Re: Lucchese Trial

Post by JohnnyS »

moneyman wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:11 pm I think Crea was locked up at the time and the Gangland article said something to the effect of Amuso was rooting for Crea and that Amuso has respect for Crea.
I think Crea was out of jail at the time because it was said that a meeting was to take place so they could show Crea the letter.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

The Brooklyn guys probably thought that Madonna and Crea were going to push for another Bronx guy (probably DeSimone as he is the highest ranking Bronx member that was out on the streets and was one of the names that was on the list to be wacked if they didnt step aside) to become acting boss so they sent that letter to Amuso to let him know that they were capable of taking the reigns and that the power should go back to Brooklyn.
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

JohnnyS wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:20 pm
moneyman wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:11 pm I think Crea was locked up at the time and the Gangland article said something to the effect of Amuso was rooting for Crea and that Amuso has respect for Crea.
I think Crea was out of jail at the time because it was said that a meeting was to take place so they could show Crea the letter.
I think Dellorusso showed Crea crew members the letter, not Crea himself.

"Following Pennisi's disclosures — reported here and in the New York Post two weeks ago — sources say Dellorusso, the new acting underboss, drove to the Bronx and assured Crea crew members they had nothing to worry about. Amuso "loves Steve," Dellorusso told the crew. Once Crea's current racketeering and murder case is resolved and he is released from prison, his official underboss slot will be his for the keeping, he told them.
Crea, his capo son Steven (Stevie Junior) Crea, Madonna, and two other Luchese gang members are slated for trial in White Plains in October on racketeering charges as well as the 2013 gangland-style slaying of former Purple Gang leader Michael Meldish."

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4733&hilit=amuso+letter
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

We know Madonna was in prison at that time. What I got out of the info, Crea had to be in jail at the time. It was said Amuso loves Crea, and he would remain Official Underboss and only replaced if he doesn't win his case. Crea has been in jail since since the indictments were handed down.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

moneyman wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:30 pm
I think Dellorusso showed Crea crew members the letter, not Crea himself.

"Following Pennisi's disclosures — reported here and in the New York Post two weeks ago — sources say Dellorusso, the new acting underboss, drove to the Bronx and assured Crea crew members they had nothing to worry about. Amuso "loves Steve," Dellorusso told the crew. Once Crea's current racketeering and murder case is resolved and he is released from prison, his official underboss slot will be his for the keeping, he told them.
Crea, his capo son Steven (Stevie Junior) Crea, Madonna, and two other Luchese gang members are slated for trial in White Plains in October on racketeering charges as well as the 2013 gangland-style slaying of former Purple Gang leader Michael Meldish."

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4733&hilit=amuso+letter
That makes sense about showing the letter to the crew.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

What I thought was interesting Pennisi said there were 7 crews with 7-8 guys in each crew which means they have around 60 active members. Do they really have that many guys retired or in the can or are there total membership numbers exaggerated? I also didn’t get when they said they showed Crea the letter, when he was in jail at the time unless they showed him in jail which seems unlikely. Most likely the info was relayed to him
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

NYNighthawk wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:14 am
NJShore4Life wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:41 am Im no lawyer but I predict they all eventually win this case on appeal.
Sine you're not a lawyer don't make predictions since you know shit! Their appeal would go the US Second Circuit Court of Appeals which you know nothing about. This Court is the most prestigious of all Federal Appeals Courts. They affirm 98% of all appeals they hear - civil and criminal. So don't make any more predicitions you dickhead!
That court is also undergoing major turnover.
And why go berserk on a good poster, who might well have a good feel for the topic?
Additionally, in a very litigious state like NY, people appeal more for various reasons, so the non-reversal rate can be misleading.
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

Actually, the Second Circuit reverses criminal cases on appeal MORE than the national average. 9% to 7%--not that percentages mean much because each case stands on its own.
Incidentally, since 2007 the Second Circuit has been overturned by the Supreme court exactly 61.5% of the time.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Pete wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:54 pm What I thought was interesting Pennisi said there were 7 crews with 7-8 guys in each crew which means they have around 60 active members. Do they really have that many guys retired or in the can or are there total membership numbers exaggerated? I also didn’t get when they said they showed Crea the letter, when he was in jail at the time unless they showed him in jail which seems unlikely. Most likely the info was relayed to him
The estimates for them from the feds have been consistent and aren't exaggerated. 60 active members, out of about 100 total members, is very realistic. Around 20 members in prison. That same amount could easily be inactive/retired. In fact, I seem to recall that very issue being reported recently (maybe by Capeci?). About how the NY families were starting to allow more guys to be made beyond just replacing the ones that died because they had so many that are in prison or old and inactive.
All roads lead to New York.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

NJShore4Life wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:41 am Im no lawyer but I predict they all eventually win this case on appeal.
Sine you're not a lawyer don't make predictions since you know shit! Their appeal would go the US Second Circuit Court of Appeals which you know nothing about. This Court is the most prestigious of all Federal Appeals Courts. They affirm 98% of all appeals they hear - civil and criminal. So don't make any more predicitions you dickhead!
You OK buddy?
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Ivan wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:49 pm
You OK buddy?
Listen, you motherfucker! The county court is the BEST court in the fucking COUNTY for a reason! What are you, a fucking psychic? Are you a fortune teller? There is a 50% chance that he's okay, and a 98% chance he's not. You do the math, dickhead!
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

B. wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:04 pm
You OK buddy?
Listen, you motherfucker! The county court is the BEST court in the fucking COUNTY for a reason! What are you, a fucking psychic? Are you a fortune teller? There is a 50% chance that he's okay, and a 98% chance he's not. You do the math, dickhead!
:lol:

You have to admire that awesome "don't make any more predictions you dickhead" explosion at the end. Also I like how uses "prestigious".
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Ivan wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:21 pm
You OK buddy?

You have to admire that awesome "don't make any more predictions you dickhead" explosion at the end. Also I like how uses "prestigious".
Yeah, the contrast between completely unprovoked belligerent namecalling and nerding out over highly-specific details of some court's appeals system -- civil and criminal -- is what makes it so great.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

B. wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:26 pm
Ivan wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:21 pm
You OK buddy?

Yeah, the contrast between completely unprovoked belligerent namecalling and nerding out over highly-specific details of some court's appeals system is what makes it so great.
Yeah, exactly. You can picture the guy gritting his teeth together like a steroid-addled pro wrestler and just barely spitting out the word "prestigious" as he drops an angry promo.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Now that they’re convicted... they’re all cooked! 99% of all convictions stand, regardless of the court circuit. You’ve got a better chance of hitting the NY lottery then overturning a case. It happens, but very very rare.
-
If u don’t plead out or win at trial, it’s a real uphill battle with these types of things. Especially OC cases.
-
And a murder conviction? Shaked and baked IMO.
-
Hate to say it but they better pack a toothbrush... cause they’re going!