Lucchese Trial

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Tonyd621
Full Patched

Re: Lucchese Trial

Post by Tonyd621 »

I'm sure they are prepping their appeals as we type.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

They have a good argument for separate trials, imo.
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

Snakes wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:50 pm Madonna has already done hard time, I'd be very surprised if he flips.
Don't know what constitutes "hard time" exactly but Crea served 6-7 years as well i believe. The image we were fed of Crea on these forums was clearly BS but i don't think he'll flip personally.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Would be surprised if Crea or Madonna flipped. Those two are life long gangsters who probably came to terms a long time ago that they would most likely be dying in prison anyway. Crea jr was very smart to take that plea.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

TommyGambino wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:08 pm Imagine finding Crea and Madonna guilty of murder haha they had nothing
The whole trial was a farce. I imagine they will both be appealing.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Camo wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:42 am Don't know what constitutes "hard time" exactly but Crea served 6-7 years as well i believe. The image we were fed of Crea on these forums was clearly BS but i don't think he'll flip personally.
Yeah, Crea Sr. actually served around 10+ years in total so far, including the times he was denied bail. In 1983 he was charged with murder conspiracy. This charge was dismissed, but later he was found guilty on conspiracy to commit assault. If I remember correctly Crea's wife was raped and he wanted to kill the guy who did it.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Im no lawyer but I predict they all eventually win this case on appeal.
NYNighthawk
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by NYNighthawk »

NJShore4Life wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:41 am Im no lawyer but I predict they all eventually win this case on appeal.
Sine you're not a lawyer don't make predictions since you know shit! Their appeal would go the US Second Circuit Court of Appeals which you know nothing about. This Court is the most prestigious of all Federal Appeals Courts. They affirm 98% of all appeals they hear - civil and criminal. So don't make any more predicitions you dickhead!
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

NYNighthawk wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:14 am
NJShore4Life wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:41 am Im no lawyer but I predict they all eventually win this case on appeal.
Sine you're not a lawyer don't make predictions since you know shit! Their appeal would go the US Second Circuit Court of Appeals which you know nothing about. This Court is the most prestigious of all Federal Appeals Courts. They affirm 98% of all appeals they hear - civil and criminal. So don't make any more predicitions you dickhead!

That escalated quickly.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Relax, he was just making a prediction.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Take it easy man, go out and treat yourself to a nice rub and tug massage, it will help ease the tension .
Joe m
On Record

Post by Joe m »

Will be interesting to see how this ends up . If anybody flips It will be the younger guys
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

newera_212 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:37 pm Not that i ever thought there was ever going to be a faction war or anything ridiculous like that, but i guess this really solidifies the "power shift" back to the guys from Amusos old regime . The final nail in the coffin.

Did that letter to Amuso by his Brooklyn friends and the stuff that set the leadership shift into motion happen before, or after, the Bronx guys were locked up? I cant remember if it happened because they were locked up, or if it was something the Brooklyn guys were plotting on no matter what
I'm going to reread what Capeci wrote.From what I remember Madonna and Crea were both locked up at the time of the letter to Vic and the letters from Vic to Madonna and Crea. Crea also was not replaced as official Underboss. There was an acting Underboss named. If Crea wins his case, he was to remain official Underboss. Now that part is now confused in that does he keep his position until his appeals are exhausted. Basically it was a normal procedure, seeing there was no administration member left on the street. It was the way Vic worded the order that I thought made it very interesting.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

newera_212 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:37 pm Not that i ever thought there was ever going to be a faction war or anything ridiculous like that, but i guess this really solidifies the "power shift" back to the guys from Amusos old regime . The final nail in the coffin.

Did that letter to Amuso by his Brooklyn friends and the stuff that set the leadership shift into motion happen before, or after, the Bronx guys were locked up? I cant remember if it happened because they were locked up, or if it was something the Brooklyn guys were plotting on no matter what
But I also see what you mean in that was this already partially in the works before the murder indictments. Madonna had been off the streets already from previous cases, but continued to hold the acting boss position. My guess is that the changes never would have happened if the 2017 indictments never happened. It appears that Madonna was going to continue as acting boss, and all this transpired after the 2017 Madonna originally only had to serve a relatively short 3 year sentence.
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

I think Crea was locked up at the time and the Gangland article said something to the effect of Amuso was rooting for Crea and that Amuso has respect for Crea.