Active social clubs

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

AnIrishGuy
Straightened out

Active social clubs

Post by AnIrishGuy »

I'm curious as to whether there are any / many active members-only social clubs remaining in NYC. These clubs have always been a staple of historical organised crime narratives (Triangle, Palma Boys, Ravenite etc.). Have been following the Medlish trial via GL News and noted that Capeci has mentioned an altercation at a Coddington Avenue social club as recently as 2012. That got me thinking as to:

a) how many of these clubs still exist, even without an organized crime element; and
b) if there are some active clubs remaining, do these still act as bases for crews?

You don't often hear social clubs being mentioned anymore - apart from the above Luchese example, the only other one I can think of was that of Pete “Petey Red” Dichiara in lower Manhattan. Seems to be a bit of a throwback.
Jbravo
Straightened out

Re: Active social clubs

Post by Jbravo »

Bonanno club in Staten island... it's a blacked-out storefront on Fingerboard Road.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

There’s the Banner Social Club in Bensonhurst, which is a Bonanno spot.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

For the Colombos, Luca DiMatteo is the only guy I know who has a confirmed social club on Avenue T., and there might still be clubs operated by Benjamin Castellazzo or Joel Cacace's son.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Bruno187
Straightened out

Post by Bruno187 »

There are still several in the Arthur Ave section of the Bronx, but nothing compared to years ago.
StandUpGuy
Straightened out

Post by StandUpGuy »

Quiet Doms club is still active in Bronx. Right beside Balsamo funeral home.
TwoPiece
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TwoPiece »

Bruno187 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:03 pm There are still several in the Arthur Ave section of the Bronx, but nothing compared to years ago.
i was looking around on google maps and it could just as easily be a soccer club or something but it looks like there's one on beaumont ave, the google photos go back years and there's always guys outside the spot.

2355 beaumont ave if anyone wants to check it out
Jbravo
Straightened out

Post by Jbravo »

gohnjotti wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:36 pm For the Colombos, Luca DiMatteo is the only guy I know who has a confirmed social club on Avenue T., and there might still be clubs operated by Benjamin Castellazzo or Joel Cacace's son.
Luca.... my uncles supervisor in the past...😉
NinoFromNYC2
Straightened out

Post by NinoFromNYC2 »

Social Clubs are definitely not good for organized crime. Especially with the Feds surveilling them and keeping tabs on these guys.
But then again how does organized crime profit from there Gambling Activities. Clubs are supposed to be big money makers for them
NinoFromNYC2
Straightened out

Post by NinoFromNYC2 »

Jbravo wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:49 am Bonanno club in Staten island... it's a blacked-out storefront on Fingerboard Road.
I think this club is Gambino Associated. If it’s the one I’m thinking about unless there’s another one on fingerboard road
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

2941 West 15 Street.
2185 Schenectady Ave
1384 East 59 St
7021 20th Ave
7111 20th Ave
2082 East 29 St

Quick list of some in Brooklyn, no time to do 18th Ave. There are plenty of social clubs still around or businesses that function as social clubs. These guys have to network it's essential to their survival.
Jbravo
Straightened out

Post by Jbravo »

No definitely Bonanno..
Flushing
Straightened out

Post by Flushing »

TwoPiece wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:17 pm
Bruno187 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:03 pm There are still several in the Arthur Ave section of the Bronx, but nothing compared to years ago.
i was looking around on google maps and it could just as easily be a soccer club or something but it looks like there's one on beaumont ave, the google photos go back years and there's always guys outside the spot.

2355 beaumont ave if anyone wants to check it out
Looks like there is another at 2367 Hughes
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

525 Jefferson St, Hoboken, NJ 07030 not sure if its still a active hang out
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

StandUpGuy wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:12 pm Quiet Doms club is still active in Bronx. Right beside Balsamo funeral home.
hmmm looking on google there is a laundry place on one side and a party store on the other. Neither looks like a club?
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"