DeCavalcante Bust

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Re: DeCavalcante Bust

Post by B. »

As long as he's still got his memory and is of sound mind, it's not too crazy to me that he could pull off a ceremony. My grandfather just turned 99 and has trouble hearing, but is sharp.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Yeah Sonny Franzese was still functioning as the UnderBoss at about the same age as Riggi. It's rare but it happens.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

TommyGambino wrote:
Pogo The Clown wrote:Luigi "Dog" Oliveri. Read my reply a few posts back.

Pogo
Thanks, what's he doing holding ceremonies at his age, maybe he's not as withdrawn from the family as people make out.
He has a visiting nurse that comes everyday. She helped him out with the ceremony.....
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Nicholas DeGidio pleads guilty to cocaine distribution charges

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/new_j ... arges.html
All roads lead to New York.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Anthony Stango is looking to take a plea deal for about 5 years. Also Consiglieri Frank Nigro and Associate Paul “Knuckles” Colella are out on bail.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Can we get specific on details when it states the DeCav's operate 'under' the Gambino's?

Do they kick up? How the hell did the get the West Side to acquiesce to this?? Etc etc.
Cheers.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I think it just means the Gambinos represent them. Sort of like how the Chicago Outft represented Milwaukee and KC or how the Genovese represented Philly post Bruno. They don't kick up to them.

Pogo
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Like I mentioned earlier, the Gambinos have been representing the DeCavalcantes since Sam was the boss, if not earlier. Carlo Gambino had a strong influence over them, and it seems when Castellano took over and Sam went through legal problems this relationship loosened up, only to have Gotti try and tighten it up again when Riggi was boss.

It's possible the Genovese represented them before that as Nick Delmore was said to be very close to that family, particularly Vito Genovese. There was a time when LE wasn't fully aware of the Elizabeth family and believed Delmore was a captain in the Genovese family.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Pogo The Clown wrote:I think it just means the Gambinos represent them. Sort of like how the Chicago Outft represented Milwaukee and KC or how the Genovese represented Philly post Bruno. They don't kick up to them.

Pogo
I guess Stango and all these greaseballs are still pretending there is an active commission and they need to be represented ? lol :lol:
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Remember that the Philly family went to the Gambinos for help ironing out a dispute with the DeCavalcantes just a few years ago. Reading between the lines, this could relate to the arrangement we're talking about.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Great info all.

My thanks.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Vinny Palemo talked about how the Gambinos helped them settle an enternal dispute involving Riggi as Boss.

Here is what JD discovered. Joseph Arcuri was of course a top Gambino Capo.
After Jake Amari's death Joseph Arcuri met with Steve Vitabile and others to discuss what they were going to do now as far as leadership. Vitabile mentioned several people wanted John Riggi to step down because he wasn't sending orders out. It was decided to wait for him to be released from prison and bring him to a meeting first. Charles Majuri told Vitabile if Riggi doesn't step down he'd kill him.

It has happened with other east coast family's as well. Back in the early 80s Buffalo went to the Genovese family to settle both an enternal dispute with their leadership and another dispute with the Bufalinos over the rackets in Upstate NY. Likewise in the late 80s/early 90s the Patrairaca family went to the Gambinos to help settle their internal disputes.

Pogo
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Pogo The Clown wrote:Vinny Palemo talked about how the Gambinos helped them settle an enternal dispute involving Riggi as Boss.

Here is what JD discovered. Joseph Arcuri was of course a top Gambino Capo.
After Jake Amari's death Joseph Arcuri met with Steve Vitabile and others to discuss what they were going to do now as far as leadership. Vitabile mentioned several people wanted John Riggi to step down because he wasn't sending orders out. It was decided to wait for him to be released from prison and bring him to a meeting first. Charles Majuri told Vitabile if Riggi doesn't step down he'd kill him.

It has happened with other east coast family's as well. Back in the early 80s Buffalo went to the Genovese family to settle both an enternal dispute with their leadership and another dispute with the Bufalinos over the rackets in Upstate NY. Likewise in the late 80s/early 90s the Patrairaca family went to the Gambinos to help settle their internal disputes.

Pogo
And Philly was historically with the Gambinos going back at least to the 1920s when they appointed Toto Sabella as boss. This continued with the Gambinos playing a role in everything from hierarchy changes to settling beefs at least until the 1970s. After Angelo Bruno was killed, the Genovese stepped into this role instead of the Gambinos.
Doobeez
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Doobeez »

May have been mentioned earlier, but a another recent example was Philly meeting with the Gambinos over their beef with the Luccheses.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

B. wrote:Remember that the Philly family went to the Gambinos for help ironing out a dispute with the DeCavalcantes just a few years ago. Reading between the lines, this could relate to the arrangement we're talking about.
I don't remember that? What was the dispute between philly and the Decavs? You mean the Luccheses and Philly?