Lucchese Trial

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Dr031718
Sergeant Of Arms

Lucchese Trial

Post by Dr031718 »

JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Lucchese Trial

Post by JIGGS »

The Press but especially the Capeci need to stop dropping the "Purple Gang" handle when they talk about Meldish or anyone else dealing junk in the '70s. That bogus DEA Report from the 1970s had Frank Viserto Jr as the boss of the pgn. When joe meldish was making the rounds after he got arrested for a murder from years ago the press had joe as the boss of "the purple gang." Now its mike meldish who is the leader. One day there going to ID Terrence Caldwell as the former boss of the purple gang.

JIGGS
Yonkers103
On Record

Post by Yonkers103 »

that's what the law does!!! don't you realize that every OC bust they have either someone labeled as an acting street boss or a captain or acting captain? how many leadership roles can there be in a family of 90-120 guys??? it's all a show for the public. they have to justify their paychecks for following a bunch of old men around for 2 years , using millions of tax payer dollars , and exaggerating the entire indictment on for the most part rediculous misdemeanor crimes at best that they throw together to create a rico, say they are facing 20 years, put out the usual bullshit press report on how OC is alive and well and such a threat to our society and yadayadayada. meanwhile they make a name for themselves within Law enforcement and move up the ranks boasting about their major "accomplishments" in taking down OC. In a way this whole game is like politics! all bullshit! how many bosses are there how many captains how many consiglieres. it's like how many whistle blowers will there be against trump lol it's all a show
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Yonkers103 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:29 pm that's what the law does!!! don't you realize that every OC bust they have either someone labeled as an acting street boss or a captain or acting captain? how many leadership roles can there be in a family of 90-120 guys??? it's all a show for the public. they have to justify their paychecks for following a bunch of old men around for 2 years , using millions of tax payer dollars , and exaggerating the entire indictment on for the most part rediculous misdemeanor crimes at best that they throw together to create a rico, say they are facing 20 years, put out the usual bullshit press report on how OC is alive and well and such a threat to our society and yadayadayada. meanwhile they make a name for themselves within Law enforcement and move up the ranks boasting about their major "accomplishments" in taking down OC. In a way this whole game is like politics! all bullshit! how many bosses are there how many captains how many consiglieres. it's like how many whistle blowers will there be against trump lol it's all a show
BINGO!.... you hit a complete bullseye with that statement! I could not have said it any better myself! My compliments my friend. You obviously know what’s what!
z23
Honorary Member

Post by z23 »

JIGGS wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:27 pm That bogus DEA Report from the 1970s had Frank Viserto Jr as the boss of the pgn.
JIGGS or anyone else who will know. Where can I find a copy of that report? I have scoured the web high and low over the past two years and I cannot find it anywhere so help me Giuseppe Garibaldi. Thanks.
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

Some additional coverage of the trial

http://www.innercitypress.com/sdny15rac ... 00719.html
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

z23 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:05 pm
JIGGS wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:27 pm That bogus DEA Report from the 1970s had Frank Viserto Jr as the boss of the pgn.
JIGGS or anyone else who will know. Where can I find a copy of that report? I have scoured the web high and low over the past two years and I cannot find it anywhere so help me Giuseppe Garibaldi. Thanks.
I have a pending DEA FOIA request on it. I've also reached out to Rutgers who has he personal papers of Alan Block who used the report in a story he did- they are looking for it for me. Unraveling the myth of the Purple Gang is the subject of my next book (maybe- still haven't submitted the proposal yet).
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

sdeitche wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:31 am
I have a pending DEA FOIA request on it. I've also reached out to Rutgers who has he personal papers of Alan Block who used the report in a story he did- they are looking for it for me. Unraveling the myth of the Purple Gang is the subject of my next book (maybe- still haven't submitted the proposal yet).
Good luck with that pal. Its a gonna be a small meal.

JIGGS
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

It USED to be on the www. Not no more.

i dont know if it was the whole thing. But the thing I read was them id'ing all the guys that were supposed to be part of it. The report says there was 20 guys. But only name dropped two handfuls. Viserto, Solce, the Meldish brothers, Angelo prisco, Rudy prisco, I think Daniel leo but I aint a hundred percent with that. None of them were 'made." According to what I remember the fucking report says, the report says the pgn was smashed and broken up in '74 or some shit. How ironical that the purples start getting press AFTER that and given credit for wacking out johnny cokes, gino gallina, a business partner of the allen glick, tony bananas. Fucking president lincoln! Its all bullshit.

The ny post is thepurple gang.

JIGGS
500YearReign
Straightened out

Post by 500YearReign »

JIGGS wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:27 pm The Press but especially the Capeci need to stop dropping the "Purple Gang" handle when they talk about Meldish or anyone else dealing junk in the '70s. That bogus DEA Report from the 1970s had Frank Viserto Jr as the boss of the pgn. When joe meldish was making the rounds after he got arrested for a murder from years ago the press had joe as the boss of "the purple gang." Now its mike meldish who is the leader. One day there going to ID Terrence Caldwell as the former boss of the purple gang.

JIGGS

Friends of mine from the area (UES) always say that the so-called "purple gang" were just a bunch of scumbag drug dealers and junkies, who were chased off more than a few blocks. That's from guys that been living there for the past 50-60 years or longer.
"People always underestimate me, Don."

<>

"You know what the real difference is between crooks and lawmen, Warden?

[Warden] Try me.

What side of the bars they're on."
nowandlater
On Record

Post by nowandlater »

sdeitche and JIGGS: There is a book from 1985 titled "Poisoning For Profit, The Mafia and Toxic Waste in America' by Alan A. Block and Frank R. Scarpitti, ISBN: 0-688-03970-7. In the book Chapter 8 is titled "The Secret Government of Waste." Part of what the chapter covers is murders that took place of owners of various solid waste companies (primarily in New Jersey). It also mentions the Purple Gang and how they were being employed to conduct the enforcement of those in control of the solid waste industry in New Jersey. It also mentions how they thought it was the Purple Gang because of their signature of using small caliber weapons (.22 caliber, presumably a handgun) and how in some instances the same weapon was using in multiple killings (ballistics). The Chapter goes into how the Purple Gang (or members of it) was into bringing easily obtainable weapons up from Florida. That is one of the places where the July 1979 ATF report on the Purple Gang is mentioned in the book.
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

nowandlater wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:10 am
sdeitche and JIGGS: There is a book from 1985 titled "Poisoning For Profit, The Mafia and Toxic Waste in America' by Alan A. Block and Frank R. Scarpitti, ISBN: 0-688-03970-7. In the book Chapter 8 is titled "The Secret Government of Waste." Part of what the chapter covers is murders that took place of owners of various solid waste companies (primarily in New Jersey). It also mentions the Purple Gang and how they were being employed to conduct the enforcement of those in control of the solid waste industry in New Jersey. It also mentions how they thought it was the Purple Gang because of their signature of using small caliber weapons (.22 caliber, presumably a handgun) and how in some instances the same weapon was using in multiple killings (ballistics). The Chapter goes into how the Purple Gang (or members of it) was into bringing easily obtainable weapons up from Florida. That is one of the places where the July 1979 ATF report on the Purple Gang is mentioned in the book.
Thanks!

I also reached out to the ATF for their report.
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

500YearReign wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:02 am
JIGGS wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:27 pm The Press but especially the Capeci need to stop dropping the "Purple Gang" handle when they talk about Meldish or anyone else dealing junk in the '70s. That bogus DEA Report from the 1970s had Frank Viserto Jr as the boss of the pgn. When joe meldish was making the rounds after he got arrested for a murder from years ago the press had joe as the boss of "the purple gang." Now its mike meldish who is the leader. One day there going to ID Terrence Caldwell as the former boss of the purple gang.

JIGGS

Friends of mine from the area (UES) always say that the so-called "purple gang" were just a bunch of scumbag drug dealers and junkies, who were chased off more than a few blocks. That's from guys that been living there for the past 50-60 years or longer.
:roll:

The only purple gang in harlem was a bunch of spics and moolies in the 80s that sold crack and the blue thunder street justice package. An italian american purple gang east of 2nd avenue is a hand job by the dea, the atf, the fbi, the ymca, and the e.i.e.i.o. East harlem purple g ang huh? Joe meldisch and dominic raimone (who aint listed on them funny pages) robbed a shooting gallery on 116th & 8th avenue. Most of the guys the dea say was purple gang were up in the bronx. The white section a throgsneck. The nypd is full a shit. And so are them reporters. Pileggi and them. Worst a the lot. Fuck em.

JIGGS
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

sdeitche wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:23 am
nowandlater wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:10 am
Thanks!

I also reached out to the ATF for their report.
love that you're thinking of a purple gang book. i would buy. the new jersey book you wrote was really good
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

JIGGS wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:31 am
500YearReign wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:02 am

JIGGS

:roll:

The only purple gang in harlem was a bunch of spics and moolies in the 80s that sold crack and the blue thunder street justice package. An italian american purple gang east of 2nd avenue is a hand job by the dea, the atf, the fbi, the ymca, and the e.i.e.i.o. East harlem purple g ang huh? Joe meldisch and dominic raimone (who aint listed on them funny pages) robbed a shooting gallery on 116th & 8th avenue. Most of the guys the dea say was purple gang were up in the bronx. The white section a throgsneck. The nypd is full a shit. And so are them reporters. Pileggi and them. Worst a the lot. Fuck em.

JIGGS
Yeah the Purple Gang you are referring to operated out of East Harlem on 121st/122nd and 1st/2nd Ave. They sold over $500,000 a week from just crack. There was another crew called the Obsession Crew that worked the same territory but only sold heroin. These two crews combined were doing well over $1M per week in sales and only operated on like 2-3 blocks.