Chicago Outfit Soldier Sentenced

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SolarSolano
Full Patched

Re: Chicago Outfit Soldier Sentenced

Post by SolarSolano »

Not sure if I would let my kids around Sam Alex - but from my experience, guys who grow up in the gutter and make it big always have a soft spot for kids - and I met Outfit associates around Melrose Park who were probably murderers and drug pushers, but would always stop and talk with me and my brothers.

Sam RIP committed suicide, correct? I believe Gussie was the one who found him? Strange that happened - always wondered if there was more to that story. I believe gussie had several other brothers - not sure others were as involved in the rackets.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

SolarSolano wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:59 am Not sure if I would let my kids around Sam Alex - but from my experience, guys who grow up in the gutter and make it big always have a soft spot for kids - and I met Outfit associates around Melrose Park who were probably murderers and drug pushers, but would always stop and talk with me and my brothers.

Sam RIP committed suicide, correct? I believe Gussie was the one who found him? Strange that happened - always wondered if there was more to that story. I believe gussie had several other brothers - not sure others were as involved in the rackets.
Many of these fellas loved kids, animals or plants, it was their sensitive side, and in this current example, nobody knew who Sam really was.

I think there were two more brothers, including George Alex who was involved in the rackets, especially prostitution of underaged girls, and another brother, right now I don't remember his name and I also think he was legit.... James or something like that

The feds also labeled both Gus and Sam Alex as suicidal maniacs, followed by armed and dangerous. During the 1980s Sam took his own life, while Gus had panic attacks through all of his life time and also had some type of agoraphobia, which fitted perfectly with his Mafia lifestyle lol
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
electricslim
Straightened out

Post by electricslim »

Sam Alex killed himself because he diagnosed with advanced stage cancer, and didn't have long to live. I don't know that Sam was ever known to be suicidal. I also think the FBI way overplayed the suicidal tendencies of Gus. I think he had really bad anxiety based issues, as Villain describes, but I seriously doubt that he was ever actually suicidal.
electricslim
Straightened out

Post by electricslim »

Here's the article in the Trib from 1987:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
electricslim
Straightened out

Post by electricslim »

The one brother you left out was Jimmy Alex, he ran the Paris-Munger Industrial Laundry.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

electricslim wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:47 pm Sam Alex killed himself because he diagnosed with advanced stage cancer, and didn't have long to live. I don't know that Sam was ever known to be suicidal. I also think the FBI way overplayed the suicidal tendencies of Gus. I think he had really bad anxiety based issues, as Villain describes, but I seriously doubt that he was ever actually suicidal.
They put them label on most of the big time racketeers in the 1950s and 1960s, whether it was true or not.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Great info fellas - Gussie Alex is an enigma. Let me ask I always was told the fucking prince of Harlem Avenue - Nick Gio - was a nephew of Gus Alex (and Greek not Italian). That's why Gio was close to Lenny Patrick. Anyone know if that is true?
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

SolarSolano wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:12 pm Great info fellas - Gussie Alex is an enigma. Let me ask I always was told the fucking prince of Harlem Avenue - Nick Gio - was a nephew of Gus Alex (and Greek not Italian). That's why Gio was close to Lenny Patrick. Anyone know if that is true?
I also think that I read somewhere regarding Gio allegedly being Alex nephew but maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Snakes or Antiliar knows the answer to that question.

All I know is that from 1959 until 1989 or 90, Patrick also kicked up to Alex
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
electricslim
Straightened out

Post by electricslim »

I don't think Gio was a Nephew, he didn't have any sisters with that last name. Unless we're talking Great Uncle or distant cousin I don't see where the relation would have been.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

[/u]
electricslim wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:37 pm I don't think Gio was a Nephew, he didn't have any sisters with that last name. Unless we're talking Great Uncle or distant cousin I don't see where the relation would have been.
Alex had 4 sisters but I really don't know their names so maybe you're right and I possibly mixed up some information
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Some additional info on Sam Alex, during the investigations of the Ragen hit which occurred during the late 1940's, the truck which was used to kill him, was stolen near the farm in Michigan where Alex used to live.
electricslim
Straightened out

Post by electricslim »

img (7).jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

electricslim wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:28 pm img (7).jpeg
Thanks bud. Now I remember that Prignano and Glimco were the Italian names within the Alex family
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

According to one report, Nick Alex's funeral was quite lavish, with fifteen carloads of flowers and some of the biggest Outfit names were there. Story goes that each memorial day, Alex visited the grave of his father together with a Greek Orthodox priest, and never failed to pay homage until the rest of his life or until his imprisonment. This might possibly mean that Nick played a major role regarding the criminal nature of his three sons