General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

maxiestern11
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by maxiestern11 »

gohnjotti wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:36 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:14 pm In Italy, is the Ndrangheta and Camorra basically equivalent to our bloods and crops??

It seems there are 100s of clans which make them more of a street type gang in my opnion
Not an expert but I’ve read that those two clans both have interests that go far beyond “street gang” stuff. Read Gomorrah by Roberto Saviano for an intriguing account of the Camorra’s activities.
The N’drangheta is a world wide organization..... multi zillions! They are NOT a jerkoff street gang. But a complex 150+ old “way of life” and ingrained in the very fabric of that society! The Camorra is as old or older! .....also in many countries but admittedly more a southern Italian problem. Not of the scope of the Calabrese or Cosa Nostra!
-
But again, we’re talking vast deeply rooted organizations far above the bloods or crips who can’t get out of the own way wearing Doo rags and baseball caps.
-
The one aspect similar is the both (especially Camorra) are on a street gang level as well.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:14 pm In Italy, is the Ndrangheta and Camorra basically equivalent to our bloods and crops??

It seems there are 100s of clans which make them more of a street type gang in my opnion
Ndrangheta is one of the biggest criminal organizations on earth. They are everywhere Europe, North America, South America, Australia & Asia (Hong Kong). They are absolutely nothing like a street gang.

You have a better argument relating the Camorra (which doesn't even exist today) to street gangs. The old Camorra which had initiation rituals and similar hierarchical structure across clans hasn't functioned since the early 1910's. What you have now are basically drug gangs that form, split and reform on a whim.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

maxiestern11 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:31 pm

Not an expert but I’ve read that those two clans both have interests that go far beyond “street gang” stuff. Read Gomorrah by Roberto Saviano for an intriguing account of the Camorra’s activities.
The N’drangheta is a world wide organization..... multi zillions! They are NOT a jerkoff street gang. But a complex 150+ old “way of life” and ingrained in the very fabric of that society! The Camorra is as old or older! .....also in many countries but admittedly more a southern Italian problem. Not of the scope of the Calabrese or Cosa Nostra!
-
But again, we’re talking vast deeply rooted organizations far above the bloods or crips who can’t get out of the own way wearing Doo rags and baseball caps.
-
The one aspect similar is the both (especially Camorra) are on a street gang level as well.
@Maxi: Don’t even bother with jeremy. You’ve got better things to do.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:54 pm
maxiestern11 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:31 pm

-
-
@Maxi: Don’t even bother with jeremy. You’ve got better things to do.
Lol 👍😎
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

After the death of Vito Genovese, who were the bosses until Vincent Gigante?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

aleksandrored wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:40 pm After the death of Vito Genovese, who were the bosses until Vincent Gigante?
You’re NOT going to get any consensus.

Pick a dart and throw.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

aleksandrored wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:40 pm After the death of Vito Genovese, who were the bosses until Vincent Gigante?
There's no consensus. My opinion is they had a panel, consisting of senior members. If we're talking traditional stuff, from what I've read and what's been discussed for years: Catena (1969-1974), Tieri (1974-1981), Lombardo (1981) and then comes Chin.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

I didn't know which thread to put this in but it's a question about the Chicago mob. Maybe I'm giving away too much information but I live near Chicago Heights. Years ago there used to be a ton of outstanding Italian restaurants. Now, it's mostly Mexican. However, there's one restaurant called Carlo's (as in Lorenzetti's) and there's also a pizza place/restaurant nearby owned by the same as well as another Lorenzetti's in another suburb, I think.

Carlo's has been around forever. However, it's DEAD in there. Except for the bar which offers a lunch buffet, there's never anyone in the main restaurant even on a Saturday night. I went in there one Saturday at dinner time, I thought it was closed. It was nearly empty. The food was great as usual, but I'm wondering how it stays open. Is it connected? Anybody know? Just curious.
z23
Honorary Member

Post by z23 »

mafiastudent wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:28 am I didn't know which thread to put this in but it's a question about the Chicago mob. Maybe I'm giving away too much information but I live near Chicago Heights. Years ago there used to be a ton of outstanding Italian restaurants. Now, it's mostly Mexican. However, there's one restaurant called Carlo's (as in Lorenzetti's) and there's also a pizza place/restaurant nearby owned by the same as well as another Lorenzetti's in another suburb, I think.

Carlo's has been around forever. However, it's DEAD in there. Except for the bar which offers a lunch buffet, there's never anyone in the main restaurant even on a Saturday night. I went in there one Saturday at dinner time, I thought it was closed. It was nearly empty. The food was great as usual, but I'm wondering how it stays open. Is it connected? Anybody know? Just curious.
The next time you stop in you could always ask. How much is this? Do you have any of that? Oh by the way, are you connected? You never know, it might be a hell of a conversation starter.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

z23 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:30 pm
mafiastudent wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:28 am I didn't know which thread to put this in but it's a question about the Chicago mob. Maybe I'm giving away too much information but I live near Chicago Heights. Years ago there used to be a ton of outstanding Italian restaurants. Now, it's mostly Mexican. However, there's one restaurant called Carlo's (as in Lorenzetti's) and there's also a pizza place/restaurant nearby owned by the same as well as another Lorenzetti's in another suburb, I think.

The next time you stop in you could always ask. How much is this? Do you have any of that? Oh by the way, are you connected? You never know, it might be a hell of a conversation starter.
Hahaha. You never know. There's a restaurant in the city called Gene & Georgetti's and if you get the right old timer, he'll tell you a bunch of stories about the room upstairs.
maloots
Honorary Member

Post by maloots »

The place that you described could be to generate loses for the purpose of income tax write offs. Especially if who or whatever entity owns it has other assets or properties and offsets this one against the others for tax purposes. Some entities exist for the sole purpose of generating a loss for taxes or for a tax offset. Just think if you go there enough times and they always practically empty every time you go, then you could become their best customer real quick.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

maloots wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:39 pm

The place that you described could be to generate loses for the purpose of income tax write offs. Especially if who or whatever entity owns it has other assets or properties and offsets this one against the others for tax purposes. Some entities exist for the sole purpose of generating a loss for taxes or for a tax offset. Just think if you go there enough times and they always practically empty every time you go, then you could become their best customer real quick.
That makes a lot of sense. Thank you!
ChicagoOutfit
Straightened out

Post by ChicagoOutfit »

Just watched the HBO Maradona Doc (really well done) and I have a question:

Did Camorra Boss Carmine Giuliano die of natural causes? He died at 52 in 2004 but I searched and could not find a cause of death.

Thanks to anyone that can help
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: General Mob Questions

Post by Lupara »

ChicagoOutfit wrote:Just watched the HBO Maradona Doc (really well done) and I have a question:

Did Camorra Boss Carmine Giuliano die of natural causes? He died at 52 in 2004 but I searched and could not find a cause of death.

There was a war taking place at the time on which the serie Gomorra is based.
ChicagoOutfit
Straightened out

Re: RE: Re: General Mob Questions

Post by ChicagoOutfit »

Lupara wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:21 am
ChicagoOutfit wrote:Just watched the HBO Maradona Doc (really well done) and I have a question:

There was a war taking place at the time on which the serie Gomorra is based.
So was Carmine Giuliano murdered? Any details on this? I’ve searched but I’ve only been able to find the generic answer that he died in the hospital at 52.