THE MOST MOBBED-UP NEIGHBORHOODS?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

maxiestern11
Full Patched

THE MOST MOBBED-UP NEIGHBORHOODS?

Post by maxiestern11 »

Aside from East Harlem uptown and Little Italy downtown which are a given, “pick two” towns in each of the various boroughs; for Queens, Brooklyn, The Bronx, Staten Island..... and also on Long Island (Nassau & Suffolk), in Connecticut and New Jersey which in your opinion were/or are the most “Mobbed-Up”? ...... having the heaviest concentration of hoodlums and mafiosi per square block in the tristate area?
-
And for that matter, relative to Harlem - which particular “block” had the heaviest population of made guys and their families?
-
For yesteryear.... the 1940-50’s, and today in modern times 2019!
-
Interesting question no fella’s? 😎
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Re: THE MOST MOBBED-UP NEIGHBORHOODS?

Post by maxiestern11 »

And as a follow up...... which crews operated and/or ran and dominated which particular neighborhoods?
Brickhouse101
Associate

Post by Brickhouse101 »

Speaking as a Long Island guy I would say that the blue collar area of Elmont/Valley Stream/Franklin Square in Nassau County probably USED to have the most significant street level activity going on. Proximity to the 5 boroughs, being close to the airport, numerous social clubs (some still open), numerous dive bars that were fronts for gambling operations, to say nothing of the significant Italian population and documented wiseguys that lived in these towns leads me to believe they were the most mobbed up. The 5 towns area of Lawrence/Woodmere/Hewlett, etc. which are directly adjacent to Valley Stream also get a lot of mention in mob related literature. Nowadays? Maybe Massapequa/Bellmore/Merrick At the very least in terms of wiseguys/connected guys living in the area, I would have no idea about actual operations going on. Mind you, all of what I’m saying is just the reputation of these areas as I grew up. While I definitely saw some things growing up, I by no means have “fresh street talk” to contribute. As far as Suffolk County, I have no idea? I seem to recall Lindenhurst having a mob social club? As far as Queens, obviously Howard Beach/Ozone Park. All of southwest Brooklyn can qualify as mobbed up to some extent with certain areas obviously having it phased out due to change in demographics. Don’t know much more. I rarely post but maybe if I get some free time I’ll post a list of wiseguys living in the above Long Island towns I mentioned.
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

Brickhouse101 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:38 pm Speaking as a Long Island guy I would say that the blue collar area of Elmont/Valley Stream/Franklin Square in Nassau County probably USED to have the most significant street level activity going on. Proximity to the 5 boroughs, being close to the airport, numerous social clubs (some still open), numerous dive bars that were fronts for gambling operations, to say nothing of the significant Italian population and documented wiseguys that lived in these towns leads me to believe they were the most mobbed up. The 5 towns area of Lawrence/Woodmere/Hewlett, etc. which are directly adjacent to Valley Stream also get a lot of mention in mob related literature. Nowadays? Maybe Massapequa/Bellmore/Merrick At the very least in terms of wiseguys/connected guys living in the area, I would have no idea about actual operations going on. Mind you, all of what I’m saying is just the reputation of these areas as I grew up. While I definitely saw some things growing up, I by no means have “fresh street talk” to contribute. As far as Suffolk County, I have no idea? I seem to recall Lindenhurst having a mob social club? As far as Queens, obviously Howard Beach/Ozone Park. All of southwest Brooklyn can qualify as mobbed up to some extent with certain areas obviously having it phased out due to change in demographics. Don’t know much more. I rarely post but maybe if I get some free time I’ll post a list of wiseguys living in the above Long Island towns I mentioned.
2 that come to mind, Bars and Social clubs , Frosinone soccer social club on Hempstead ave Frank.Sq and Point break bar on Hempstead. Frosinone is Members only and Point break forget it lol... Every wannabe and knock around guy is in there taking horse racing action and sports, They got everything over there ! Gamble on a game, Or a horse grab a drink or 5 along with like 3 or 4 people tryna sell ya a bag of blow or weed ..SMH, Lmaooo
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Brickhouse101 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:38 pm Speaking as a Long Island guy I would say that the blue collar area of Elmont/Valley Stream/Franklin Square in Nassau County probably USED to have the most significant street level activity going on. Proximity to the 5 boroughs, being close to the airport, numerous social clubs (some still open), numerous dive bars that were fronts for gambling operations, to say nothing of the significant Italian population and documented wiseguys that lived in these towns leads me to believe they were the most mobbed up. The 5 towns area of Lawrence/Woodmere/Hewlett, etc. which are directly adjacent to Valley Stream also get a lot of mention in mob related literature. Nowadays? Maybe Massapequa/Bellmore/Merrick At the very least in terms of wiseguys/connected guys living in the area, I would have no idea about actual operations going on. Mind you, all of what I’m saying is just the reputation of these areas as I grew up. While I definitely saw some things growing up, I by no means have “fresh street talk” to contribute. As far as Suffolk County, I have no idea? I seem to recall Lindenhurst having a mob social club? As far as Queens, obviously Howard Beach/Ozone Park. All of southwest Brooklyn can qualify as mobbed up to some extent with certain areas obviously having it phased out due to change in demographics. Don’t know much more. I rarely post but maybe if I get some free time I’ll post a list of wiseguys living in the above Long Island towns I mentioned.
Sounds good! Thanks for the insight Brick!....and do that post ok. I think it’ll be interesting
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

maxiestern11 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:51 pm Aside from East Harlem uptown and Little Italy downtown which are a given, “pick two” towns in each of the various boroughs; for Queens, Brooklyn, The Bronx, Staten Island..... and also on Long Island (Nassau & Suffolk), in Connecticut and New Jersey which in your opinion were/or are the most “Mobbed-Up”? ...... having the heaviest concentration of hoodlums and mafiosi per square block in the tristate area?
-
And for that matter, relative to Harlem - which particular “block” had the heaviest population of made guys and their families?
-
For yesteryear.... the 1940-50’s, and today in modern times 2019!
-
Interesting question no fella’s? 😎
By 1940 a made guys living in harlem with one or more of there famiy's was zero. Majarity of Italian community all left to the bronx, yonkers, west-chester. Few familys stayed. Italian street guys running capers in harlem is a whole another story. THEN. E. 86 st. All the way to E. 125 along second avenue was all theaters and social clubs. Where you found them guys to catch a live show and hit the club again after. This is 1950s. Last I checked the only white rackerteers in harlem was property'y manager's who are either italian or bagel babies.

JIGGS
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

East harlem is not mobbed up anymore and there are no more neighborhoods that are mobbed up in brooklyn or queens anymore with the exception of a restaurant or minor social club here or there. Youd have to go to staten island.
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

But I also imagine arthur avenue has things going on in the bronx.
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
Brickhouse101
Associate

Post by Brickhouse101 »

Howard Beach along Crossbay Blvd is definitely still mobbed up. I would also say certain areas of Glendale along the Queens/Bushwick border. Without a doubt SI probably has the biggest concentration of sheer made/connected guys living and operating in the area. That being said just because an area isn’t Italian anymore doesn’t necessarily mean there isn’t a mob owned business or mob run operation going on. Take for instance certain areas of Bensonhurst or Bath Beach where we know the mob used to have a presence both in terms of actually living in the area and operating in the area. There are certainly still buildings and businesses owned by these guys in those areas. I’m sure a lot of their old operations are still ongoing, albeit with a lot less revenue generated and not as much in the open. I know a lot of guys on this board are looking for specifics and I understand that but I am just going by common sense and the very limited things I have seen. I am not going to sit here and act like I know made guys etc. but growing up on the south shore of LI you definitely get the eye to see when certain places or people are connected. It’s much more prevalent than most people think, even in this day and age. My two cents.
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

In NJ - Newark, Elizabeth , Bellville , Lodi , Jersey City are the main cities.

Most of the towns surrounding Newark & Bellville - Lyndhurst, North Arlington , Nutley , Bloomfield all have activity as well
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Bklyn21 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:59 pm
2 that come to mind, Bars and Social clubs , Frosinone soccer social club on Hempstead ave Frank.Sq and Point break bar on Hempstead. Frosinone is Members only and Point break forget it lol... Every wannabe and knock around guy is in there taking horse racing action and sports, They got everything over there ! Gamble on a game, Or a horse grab a drink or 5 along with like 3 or 4 people tryna sell ya a bag of blow or weed ..SMH, Lmaooo
Frosalone maybe, are you just going by it being a private Italian club? It's Hempstead Turnpike by the way, not Avenue. AS for the point break bar, I don't think so, look at their facebook page and decide

https://www.facebook.com/pointbreak.bar/
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

bert wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:33 pm
Bklyn21 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:59 pm
Frosalone maybe, are you just going by it being a private Italian club? It's Hempstead Turnpike by the way, not Avenue. AS for the point break bar, I don't think so, look at their facebook page and decide

https://www.facebook.com/pointbreak.bar/
Yes, Hempstead Trnpke. Frosalone was mentioned in an article years back regarding one of Sonny Franzese crew members and some type of incident or just LE/Feds doing surveillance and witnessing, I think it was Guy Fatato and someone with him in an animated discussion inside and then outside the club where afterwards they were observed going into the Jewelry store next door for 20 mins, I think , Dont quote me on it, D'oro jewelers . I lived in the area for 2 years briefly over 12 years ago and used to go to Synergy gym next door . Point break bar was the ultimate Dive bar, I was in there maybe 4 or 5 times on a Sat and Sunday for a a few drinks and football , Forget it, I was approached by a few guys asking if I wanted or needed coke or Weed and offered football tickets and if I wanted a box in one of they're many many pools . All I got was you look familiar where do I know you from ? I'm like I dont want shit, I just wanna be left alone have a few drinks and watch the games Holy shit !! I'm trying to get away from my current GF at that time for a lil bit, I'm saying WTF I wanna go back home and put up with her shit compared to the annoying fucks in that place SMH....
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Synergy Gym is shady, all the franchises, there was a shooting at one gym involving the owners once. Is Filomina's still good? It's the restaurant next to the soccer club, used to have great food.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

bert wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:56 pm Synergy Gym is shady, all the franchises, there was a shooting at one gym involving the owners once. Is Filomina's still good? It's the restaurant next to the soccer club, used to have great food.
“Teddy” is the greaseball owner of the Frosinone Club. He’s had it for decades.... over 30+ years same owner
Brickhouse101
Associate

Post by Brickhouse101 »

I’ve heard frosinone is NOT mobbed up per se but there are probably periphery figures hanging out there. Haven’t been to Filomenas in forever but it was always good food. King Umberto right up the block is where we go for family and birthday dinners. Great food if you can get over them using the same sauce on everything.