Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

gohnjotti
Full Patched

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by gohnjotti »

Already discussed this with Nickle, so there’s no beef. I changed my position once the Violi tapes came out, which was amazing timing actually considering there wasn’t anything going on before that sparked the debate.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Lupara »

CabriniGreen wrote:
Lupara wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:15 am
CabriniGreen wrote:
Lupara wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:29 am
CabriniGreen wrote:Also, what does " stabilizing" mean when there are still murders happening?

Are they unrelated? Doubtful, right?
The murders may very well be part of the stabilization proces. Sal Scoppa's for instance.
Stabilize, UNDER WHO?
Under the for the sake of everyone working together to make money. Scoppa was a trouble maker and it looks like an outlier.
Come on now, stop playing....

Are the Rizzutos back in the fold under the Bonnanos?

Is that what the Violis meant?

Or are they still calling thier own shot?
What makes you believe I or anyone else here can provide those answers? There are no insiders here.

Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Lupara »

scagghiuni wrote:
Moscone65 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:05 am I heard that after cosimo commisso got killed last year members of the commissos travelled to New York and asked some people there for help. The sicilians are currently using the wolfpack almost like a puppet gang underneath themselves. The rizzutos purposely helped to form the Wolfpack and helped to bring them over to Ontario to fight and compete with the calabrese. So supposedly the people in New York said that the commissos shouldn’t have ripped people off and they didn’t get involved. This is what I heard, can’t confirm how true it is or who in New York they went to see, just sharing what I heard.
they probably meant the rizzuto's and caruana/cuntrera's when they blamed the 'sicilians' in the wiretaps, the commisso's probably aligned with the bonanno's in the conflict against the rizzuto faction in montreal
Then it doesn't make sense the Bonannos turned down their request for help just when they are reorganizing themselves in Canada. I very much doubt this happened.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

Lupara wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:29 am Then it doesn't make sense the Bonannos turned down their request for help just when they are reorganizing themselves in Canada. I very much doubt this happened.
i don't see why the rizzuto's should attack the commisso's if they were not supporting the bonanno's in montreal
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Lupara »

scagghiuni wrote:
Lupara wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:29 am Then it doesn't make sense the Bonannos turned down their request for help just when they are reorganizing themselves in Canada. I very much doubt this happened.
i don't see why the rizzuto's should attack the commisso's if they were not supporting the bonanno's in montreal
I still have difficulty believing it as Nick Rizzuto was supposedly tight with Commisso. From all the Calabrian cells in Toronto, they'd be the last I would think would've turned against them, but it seems it were particulary the Commissos who did so. My main suspect within the Siderno Group would be DeMaria, and he probably did. Contrary to Verduci, Calautti still very much seems to have been killed as a result of the conflict in Montreal and he was I believe part of DeMaria's cell.

Rizzuto allegedly had a death list with some ten names left before he died. Knowing those names on the list would explain a great deal.

scagghiuni
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by scagghiuni »

Lupara wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:09 am I still have difficulty believing it as Nick Rizzuto was supposedly tight with Commisso. From all the Calabrian cells in Toronto, they'd be the last I would think would've turned against them, but it seems it were particulary the Commissos who did so. My main suspect within the Siderno Group would be DeMaria, and he probably did. Contrary to Verduci, Calautti still very much seems to have been killed as a result of the conflict in Montreal and he was I believe part of DeMaria's cell.

Rizzuto allegedly had a death list with some ten names left before he died. Knowing those names on the list would explain a great deal.
the mob war in montreal influenced even the siderno group, maybe some cells sided with the bonanno's and others with the rizzuto's, also the rizzutos seem prone to kill everyone they suspect have betrayed them, that's the reason fernandez and pimental were killed in sicily on vito orders
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Commissos have a love hate relationship with basically everyone. Many groups have been At odds with them at one point or another including Paul volpe/buffalo, rizzutos, musitanos, and hells angels to name a few. The commissos clearly have a beef with the rizzuto backed Wolfpack, with the killing of members such as anastasio leventis in Toronto a few years back by a commisso gunman.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

the toronto mob war started anyway after the release of pietro scarcella (allied with rizzuto's) in 2012, he had contrasts wirh the commisso's in the past and he's sicilian, the calabrians could mean also his group in the wiretaps
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Could be but I’ve heard he has been lying low, seems to still be involved with stuff but a low profile and not many beefs.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Also after rizzuto died, it’s not known if Pete is still allied with the rizzutos or doing his own thing. There are other rizzuto guys operating in the Toronto area separate from scarcella. I’d rather not say their names here
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

this topic is huge, could anyone summarize what is being discussed? Hahahahahhahaha
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

aleksandrored wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:59 pm this topic is huge, could anyone summarize what is being discussed? Hahahahahhahaha

Lol.... great point! I’m completely lost!! 🤯
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

Moscone65 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:55 pm Could be but I’ve heard he has been lying low, seems to still be involved with stuff but a low profile and not many beefs.
that's what guido said about scarcella, and calautti was killed after he was released

For his part, Guido testified that he never killed anyone, but not for lack of trying.

He told court he almost took part in a hit on Peter Scarcella, 67, of York Region, whom he considered a member of the Sicilian mob. He said the idea for murdering Scarcella came from Toronto restaurateur/mobster Sam Calautti in 2004.

“We were having lunch. Sam said to me, ‘I need to kill Peter Scarcella,’” Guido said.

He said that Calautti said Scarcella was making them “all look bad.”

Mobsters gathered guns, body bags and cleaning products for the murder bid, Guido testified.

Two assassins named Pietro and Andreas arrived from Italy to help with the Scarcella murder, Guido said.

“We got together, sat outside his (Scarcella’s) house,” Guido said. “He never came home.”

A few weeks after that, Scarcella was arrested for his role in a shooting at a California Sandwiches shop in North York which left mother-of-three Louise Russo paralyzed by a stray bullet intended for another mobster, Guido said.

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2018 ... -case.html
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Ya I remember that, I was at the terrace banquet hall not long before Sam calautti got killed there, I went to high school with his daughter.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Lupara wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:29 am
scagghiuni wrote:
Moscone65 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:05 am I heard that after cosimo commisso got killed last year members of the commissos travelled to New York and asked some people there for help. The sicilians are currently using the wolfpack almost like a puppet gang underneath themselves. The rizzutos purposely helped to form the Wolfpack and helped to bring them over to Ontario to fight and compete with the calabrese. So supposedly the people in New York said that the commissos shouldn’t have ripped people off and they didn’t get involved. This is what I heard, can’t confirm how true it is or who in New York they went to see, just sharing what I heard.
they probably meant the rizzuto's and caruana/cuntrera's when they blamed the 'sicilians' in the wiretaps, the commisso's probably aligned with the bonanno's in the conflict against the rizzuto faction in montreal
Then it doesn't make sense the Bonannos turned down their request for help just when they are reorganizing themselves in Canada. I very much doubt this happened.
That's a good catch there....