More Magaddino family info 1960s (including Rochester)

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Ed
Straightened out

Re: More Magaddino family info 1960s (including Rochester)

Post by Ed »

Moro was best man at the wedding of Los Angeles Crime Family member Salvatore Piscopo.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Thanks fellas
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
lennert
Straightened out

Post by lennert »

Some more tidbits on Moro. In the early to mid 1930s, he seems to have moved to Arizona, where he became involved in nightclubs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lennert
Straightened out

Post by lennert »

He was arrested in Buffalo on liquor law violations. On his passport application, his witness is listed as Steve Sacco, who with his brother Nino was among the early associates of Buffalo mob boss Palmeri. The Sacco's were, if I remember correctly, Calabrese. A relative of the Saccos, Dominick, was active in Chicago.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lennert
Straightened out

Post by lennert »

Passport application, with picture of Moro, and WWI card...
lennert
Straightened out

Post by lennert »

Reckless driving charge in Arizona, and 1930 census while living in Cicero...
lennert
Straightened out

Post by lennert »

As for the Sacco's, I meant to say Pete Sacco was the witness, and the other Saccos were involved in organized crime. I have not established a relationship between Pete and the other three, nevertheless I wonder if they were somehow related...
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Thanks a 1000 times for the additional info and pics on Moro, Mr Lennert. So was Moro a Buffalo member, or Chicago or maybe LA...or he simply switched to other families during different time periods like his younger accomplice Roselli did? While in Chicago, he was mentioned at the time as being one of the big shots in the Cicero area which during the same time period was the headquarters for the new Chicago Mafia aka Capone Mob or the Outfit. As I can see from your sources, a lot of his blood relatives remained in Illinois, near the Chicago area...
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
lennert
Straightened out

Post by lennert »

You're welcome Villian!

As for which Family Moro would belong to, or if he was a member at all, I have no idea. I have never seen him listed in any membership lists from either the FBI or the FBN.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

lennert wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:17 am You're welcome Villian!

As for which Family Moro would belong to, or if he was a member at all, I have no idea. I have never seen him listed in any membership lists from either the FBI or the FBN.
Thanks again. I have to share the same opinion with you also since ive tried to follow his associations but it seems that he was one of those few so-called quite "mysterious" fellas. Btw Ive also read about one Jimmy Sacco who allegedly died of tuberculosis during the mid 1920's i think...so my question is where all of these Saccos related to Roselli?
lennert
Straightened out

Post by lennert »

The Sacco name is a very common name, which unfortunately makes it an almost impossible task to find out... I have my doubts about the Buffalo Saccos however, as the came from Calabria, and not the area surrounding Naples...
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

lennert wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:32 am The Sacco name is a very common name, which unfortunately makes it an almost impossible task to find out... I have my doubts about the Buffalo Saccos however, as the came from Calabria, and not the area surrounding Naples...
Its interesting to note that during the late 1920's some of these non-Sicilian fellas from various cities gathered in Chicago, and possibly stayed there until Capone/Ricca took over the local Mafia and later some of them again went to different cities, especially on the west coast
lennert
Straightened out

Post by lennert »

In this period, many were all over the place... Both Sicilians and non-Sicilians. Indeed interesting.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
lennert
Straightened out

Post by lennert »

While researching Rochester gambling figure Jack Baker, who is listed as an associate of Stanley Valenti, I cam across some information suggesting there were some tensions between gambling figures from Rochester and Niagara Falls/Buffalo. These tensions apparently related to Batavia. Baker was believed to have been beaten in a Batavia gambling club, called LaTempio's (LoTempio's-the LoTemio name is a name linked to the Buffalo Mafia) Central figure was a man described as a former Rochester puglist, who moved to Niagara Falls and became a "big shot" racketeer.

Any suggestions as to who this Niagara Falls big shot might have been?

Attached some articles relating to the alleged feud.
lennert
Straightened out

Post by lennert »

two more