The Corporation

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

maxiestern11
Full Patched

Re: The Corporationhy

Post by maxiestern11 »

Bklyn21 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:49 am https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... owGRHQbguw. And this is just one of hundreds of Cuban , Dominican, Hispanic Cargo hijacking rings busted that are in operation throughout the US and Canada connected to the so called Cuban Mob, They Rob Tractor trailers, Railcars, Waterfront terminals and shipping containers etc etc. Where they the supply stores around the country with Stolen goods of every kind .
Great article.... I also saw one in NJ off the docks maybe a few ears ago. They were robbing container loads of goods. Spanish guys also. I was surprised to see how sophisticated they were.... impressive stuff!
-
Very organized, not sure if they were Cuban per se (although they probably were now that you’ve brought it out). And had operated for a long time supposedly.
-
Jose Battle’s crew was always strong in Miami of course where there are tons of Cubans, but also Newark NJ and Washington Heights in NYC where again, their are lots of his people and Hispanics in general. He’s been active for decades, and had a pretty large crew from my readings.
-
Def a force to be dealt with!
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Re: The Corporationhy

Post by Bklyn21 »

maxiestern11 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:20 am
Bklyn21 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:49 am https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... owGRHQbguw. And this is just one of hundreds of Cuban , Dominican, Hispanic Cargo hijacking rings busted that are in operation throughout the US and Canada connected to the so called Cuban Mob, They Rob Tractor trailers, Railcars, Waterfront terminals and shipping containers etc etc. Where they the supply stores around the country with Stolen goods of every kind .
Great article.... I also saw one in NJ off the docks maybe a few ears ago. They were robbing container loads of goods. Spanish guys also. I was surprised to see how sophisticated they were.... impressive stuff!
-
Very organized, not sure if they were Cuban per se (although they probably were now that you’ve brought it out). And had operated for a long time supposedly.
-
Jose Battle’s crew was always strong in Miami of course where there are tons of Cubans, but also Newark NJ and Washington Heights in NYC where again, their are lots of his people and Hispanics in general. He’s been active for decades, and had a pretty large crew from my readings.
-
Def a force to be dealt with!
I gotta find the articles, But they are also said to be heavily involved over the last 10 years or so in Medicaid, Medicare, Insurance frauds/Scams in a number of states across the US which is supposedly theyre Top racket reaching into the hundreds of millions and some say billions where they buy out existing pharmacies or work with the owners at times, Or open up numerous new pharmacies where they open up anywhere from 5-10 at one clip and then open up dozens of shell corporations where they would basically just bill each other constantly through Medicaid and private insurance
For all types of medical devices and Drugs including, Just like what Merlino was doing , They would get lists of hundreds of names of patients across the US , Majority of whom were Hispanic and black through they're affiliated doctors of every type and then just send these people Topical and compound creams of numerous along with prescription drugs and medical devices by looking over patients history charts and sending out these devices,Prescriptions and Creams based on theyte history of ailments,Diseases etc. They would do this nonstop until they reached a limit on each pharmacies/Doctors claims and then stop, Basically doing a bust out of a pharmacy until they couldnt do it anymore and then repeat the process again and again . I saw something like this years back when Obamacare was up and running and he was in office. You'd go downtown Brooklyn or many different neighborhoods in Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Bronx and they would have runners/Guys on every block just asking anyone and everyone if they wanted to make a quick 40-75 dollars for a quick 10 minute Physical. They'd ask what insurance you had and then if you agreed/Participated , A livery cab service would be waiting to pick you up and drop you back off free of charge literally within seconds and depending on your coverage they would bring you to a a place that took your coverage to some hole in the wall shitty Dr office setup where there would be people packed Inside and sometimes out the door, You give your Medicaid or insurance card and wait a few mins for a Some Dr. And nurse just to take your vitals in under a minute literally asked if you needed or were on any prescriptions or use medical devices like canes,Walkers, Back braces, Neck braces, Massagers,heating pads etc. And they'd send those people out with a whole box/Bag of brand new canes, Walkers everything mentioned above and I guess bill the shit outta Medicaid or whatever insurance. These places were literally everywhere and would open and close in weeks or months and then pop up in new places/locations. Loads of Guys would also be inside and outside selling Xanax, Pain killers, prescription pills of all kinds including heroin and methadone, Suboxone and whatever. I never saw anything like it in my life.
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Re: The Corporation

Post by Bklyn21 »

And all these guys were both Dominican and Cuban . Everytime I was in certain sections of Brooklyn or the bronx doing work I'd get approached numerous times, And then I'd see it with my own eyes, Especially in the bronx, Holy fuck !!!! We'd be doing work in a building and next door and up and down the next 3 to 4 blocks I'd see these hole in the wall places/Offices with literal lines stretching out the door and down the block taking up the entire sidewalk, And the runners would be like 3-5 guys deep on every single block within a mile of these places approaching everyone , Chasing down cars etc.. I realized then what the fuck was going on. Then Just like that, Obama left office and it all died down ! It was unreal, It looked like a seen outta 1980s by where there's be drug spots with lines stretched around the corner in certain areas, But this was insurance fraud and insane at that lol...
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Bklyn21 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:35 am The corporation is still in existence, Spanish neighborhoods all over the city, Especially places like sunset park and Williamsburg and bronx neighborhoods you can walk into certain stores/Bodegas and sitting there right along with American and Spanish newspapers are Bolita forms which are like big brochures with all types of lottery games/Numbers, Sweepstakes games, And all forms of sports gambling included from soccer to ,Baseball, Football etc etc. They now make up a larger unified contingent of Dominicans, Cubans, And others.
How do we know it's the same organization? In other words, who from the past (before the 2004 bust) is still running things? Seems like most Hispanic numbers busts we've seen in recent years have been related to the Dominican lottery.
they have also made headway into the unions where there are now many Hispanic run construction outfits and coalitions.
Hispanics being involved in construction, union and especially non-union, is a no-brainer. But I haven't seen any evidence "they," i.e. Hispanic criminal enterprises infiltrating unions in the sense of LCN-like labor racketeering.

Anyway, you can look at Hispanic OC cases on both a federal and state level in New York and New Jersey. Drugs are overwhelmingly the business. Nothing else comes close for them. If anything, that made the Corporation the exception to the rule.
All roads lead to New York.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Bklyn21 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:25 am And all these guys were both Dominican and Cuban . Everytime I was in certain sections of Brooklyn or the bronx doing work I'd get approached numerous times, And then I'd see it with my own eyes, Especially in the bronx, Holy fuck !!!! We'd be doing work in a building and next door and up and down the next 3 to 4 blocks I'd see these hole in the wall places/Offices with literal lines stretching out the door and down the block taking up the entire sidewalk, And the runners would be like 3-5 guys deep on every single block within a mile of these places approaching everyone , Chasing down cars etc.. I realized then what the fuck was going on. Then Just like that, Obama left office and it all died down ! It was unreal, It looked like a seen outta 1980s by where there's be drug spots with lines stretched around the corner in certain areas, But this was insurance fraud and insane at that lol...
They’ve got their own “thing” going on for sure! I agree, drugs of all types is still they’re primary activity, but if they’re doing large cargo thefts as we just discussed and medical insurance frauds, etc., then you’ve got yourself some serious OC happening despite no LCN per se! Rackets are rackets, and money is money!
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Bklyn21 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:35 am The corporation is still in existence, Spanish neighborhoods all over the city, Especially places like sunset park and Williamsburg and bronx neighborhoods you can walk into certain stores/Bodegas and sitting there right along with American and Spanish newspapers are Bolita forms which are like big brochures with all types of lottery games/Numbers, Sweepstakes games, And all forms of sports gambling included from soccer to ,Baseball, Football etc etc. They now make up a larger unified contingent of Dominicans, Cubans, And others. They are also the number one Hijackers of any and all types of freight from buildind supplies, Electronics, Liquor, Foods, Weapons and anything they can get they're hands on From shipping containers, Railcar/Railway freight, Truck hijacking and are highly sophosticated and operate all over the country . Hijacking of freight has fallen by the wayside when it comes to Lcn which is basically no longer existent . They are big into loansharking and money laundering and illegal check cashing businesses Mostly in they're communities and amongst other Hispanics and they have also made headway into the unions where there are now many Hispanic run construction outfits and coalitions. But no they are not bigger than Lcn . Problem with LE and arrests/Indictments is that these guys are largely not americanized and go by many different aliases and are hard to track down and have people turn witness against them so they fly way under the radar and off the grid
Exactly. The Dominican and other Hispanic loansharks also have more and more American gamblers betting with them now and when they loan money, the rates are unbelievable. Besides the coalitions they have union fraternal groups that control who works and how much.
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

Yes, but is it actually The Corporation?
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

I thought it was a great book, by the way.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

maxiestern11 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:44 pm
Bklyn21 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:25 am And all these guys were both Dominican and Cuban . Everytime I was in certain sections of Brooklyn or the bronx doing work I'd get approached numerous times, And then I'd see it with my own eyes, Especially in the bronx, Holy fuck !!!! We'd be doing work in a building and next door and up and down the next 3 to 4 blocks I'd see these hole in the wall places/Offices with literal lines stretching out the door and down the block taking up the entire sidewalk, And the runners would be like 3-5 guys deep on every single block within a mile of these places approaching everyone , Chasing down cars etc.. I realized then what the fuck was going on. Then Just like that, Obama left office and it all died down ! It was unreal, It looked like a seen outta 1980s by where there's be drug spots with lines stretched around the corner in certain areas, But this was insurance fraud and insane at that lol...
They’ve got their own “thing” going on for sure! I agree, drugs of all types is still they’re primary activity, but if they’re doing large cargo thefts as we just discussed and medical insurance frauds, etc., then you’ve got yourself some serious OC happening despite no LCN per se! Rackets are rackets, and money is money!
The difference is, they're typically not the same organizations committing these crimes. Being Hispanic is something they have in common but its usually one group committing the fraud. Another committing the cargo theft. And so on. And there is often no hierarchy the perpetuates the groups if it gets busted up. And there isn't necessarily any ties between the groups. While the lines can be blurred, this is why the FBI often differentiates between criminal enterprises and organized crime. See the difference?

Again, this is what made the Corporation different and very much the exception to the rule. It had a more defined hierarchy, it eventually diversified beyond the numbers racket, and it's main business wasn't narcotics.
bert wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:08 pmExactly. The Dominican and other Hispanic loansharks also have more and more American gamblers betting with them now and when they loan money, the rates are unbelievable. Besides the coalitions they have union fraternal groups that control who works and how much.
Predatory payday lenders seem to be more of a problem in Hispanic communities than organized Mafia-style loansharks.

As for the minority coalitions, they have been around for years. And there were cases where they were working with the mob, mainly the Gambino and Genovese families. Some leaders of the United Hispanic Construction Workers were busted several years ago for threatening contractors if they weren't given jobs. Thy always have their hand out, sometimes with threats, but let's not overstate their control of things.
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:39 am
Bklyn21 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:35 am The corporation is still in existence, Spanish neighborhoods all over the city, Especially places like sunset park and Williamsburg and bronx neighborhoods you can walk into certain stores/Bodegas and sitting there right along with American and Spanish newspapers are Bolita forms which are like big brochures with all types of lottery games/Numbers, Sweepstakes games, And all forms of sports gambling included from soccer to ,Baseball, Football etc etc. They now make up a larger unified contingent of Dominicans, Cubans, And others.
How do we know it's the same organization? In other words, who from the past (before the 2004 bust) is still running things? Seems like most Hispanic numbers busts we've seen in recent years have been related to the Dominican lottery.
they have also made headway into the unions where there are now many Hispanic run construction outfits and coalitions.
Hispanics being involved in construction, union and especially non-union, is a no-brainer. But I haven't seen any evidence "they," i.e. Hispanic criminal enterprises infiltrating unions in the sense of LCN-like labor racketeering.

Anyway, you can look at Hispanic OC cases on both a federal and state level in New York and New Jersey. Drugs are overwhelmingly the business. Nothing else comes close for them. If anything, that made the Corporation the exception to the rule.
Not infiltrating the unions, Just more Hispanics and Hispanic run Outfits and coalitions! Some of the bigger ones being run and owned by Cubans that are unionized, I haven't seen any cases/Indicrments like that either where Cubans or dominicans were involved on any infiltration level, Or taking over anything . We all know the LCN is still the biggest player involved even though they have been dramatically weakened .Yes, Drugs are number one, But Cargo theft has literally been taken over by Cubans,Dominicans and other Hispanic groups who usually work together and are highly organized , A large number the FBI credits the Cuban mafia as they now call it headquartered out of Florida, Miami in particular and other Cuban ,Dominican and other Hispanics are cited by the FBI and LE as reporting to or being under , Belonging
To , Or under the influence of the Cuban mafia. There is also very high level sophisticated frauds ,Scams and crimes in the health/Medical Medicaid Medicare insurance in the hundreds of millions, Some say billions of dollars being carried out by the So called Cuban Mafia which they say is comprised of former members of the Corporation and other groups of that era being labeled as on big organization today. By no means do they rival the LCN in terms of Diversification of Crime/Rackets, Structure size and strength and influence even in the LCN weakened state today, In certain fields/Rackets they do, Supposedly make the American LCN look look like small fries but only in the rackets and crimes I mentioned in last post
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Bklyn21 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:40 pmNot infiltrating the unions, Just more Hispanics and Hispanic run Outfits and coalitions! Some of the bigger ones being run and owned by Cubans that are unionized, I haven't seen any cases/Indicrments like that either where Cubans or dominicans were involved on any infiltration level, Or taking over anything . We all know the LCN is still the biggest player involved even though they have been dramatically weakened .Yes, Drugs are number one, But Cargo theft has literally been taken over by Cubans,Dominicans and other Hispanic groups who usually work together and are highly organized , A large number the FBI credits the Cuban mafia as they now call it headquartered out of Florida, Miami in particular and other Cuban ,Dominican and other Hispanics are cited by the FBI and LE as reporting to or being under , Belonging
To , Or under the influence of the Cuban mafia. There is also very high level sophisticated frauds ,Scams and crimes in the health/Medical Medicaid Medicare insurance in the hundreds of millions, Some say billions of dollars being carried out by the So called Cuban Mafia which they say is comprised of former members of the Corporation and other groups of that era being labeled as on big organization today. By no means do they rival the LCN in terms of Diversification of Crime/Rackets, Structure size and strength and influence even in the LCN weakened state today, In certain fields/Rackets they do, Supposedly make the American LCN look look like small fries but only in the rackets and crimes I mentioned in last post
First you say they're "making headway into unions" and then you say "they're not infiltrating unions." Which is it?

There is no "Cuban Mafia." The term "Mafia" gets thrown around and attached to things so freely, especially by the media. There are various Cuban criminal enterprises. Some involved in credit card fraud or health care fraud. Others involved in theft rings. Others involved in marijuana trafficking. We see the same things with Asian, Eurasian, Balkan, African, and Middle Eastern criminal enterprises. These tend to be smaller, less hierarchical and organized, and more fluid than a NY Mafia family. You can't take a Cuban group in New York that may be involved in gambling, another in Florida that may grow marijuana, and another in California involved in insurance scams, and connect them (and their income all together) and call it the "Cuban Mafia."

As for the rackets on your last post, you mentioned sports betting and loansharking. The LCN is still the biggest player in these rackets.
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

I mentioned, Healthcare and Medicaid fraud, Illegal lottery/Numbers/ Sweepstakes/Sports gambling, Cargo theft and hijacking... I never said the word Infiltrate anywhere in my posts, I did say headway which basically means THEY ARE GAINING GROUND, And they are bigger than before and bigger than they have been. The FBI seems to to believe there is a Cuban mafia, They state it in they're own 2018 Hijacking/Cargo indictment bust FBI ARTICLE . If you search more you'll find cases and reports over the last 10 years where the FBI along with the DOJ and other LE themselves mentions this Cuban Mafia. I never said they were bigger than Lcn, Or they control sports gambling greater than the Lcn. I mentioned 3 rackets they were Major players in and had a huge overall presence, I didn't even mention drugs . I believe there is a Corporation, Or a Cuban mafia simply because I hear mentions of it in the streets in certain communities, The FBI has said quite a few times there is a Cuban mafia, And lastly an organization as big and strong as the corporation and what quite a few mafia members called the Cuban Mafia for years just doesn't fade away and close shop, There are active rackets and cases and indictments over the years just about up until 2019
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:54 pm
Bklyn21 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:40 pmNot infiltrating the unions, Just more Hispanics and Hispanic run Outfits and coalitions! Some of the bigger ones being run and owned by Cubans that are unionized, I haven't seen any cases/Indicrments like that either where Cubans or dominicans were involved on any infiltration level, Or taking over anything . We all know the LCN is still the biggest player involved even though they have been dramatically weakened .Yes, Drugs are number one, But Cargo theft has literally been taken over by Cubans,Dominicans and other Hispanic groups who usually work together and are highly organized , A large number the FBI credits the Cuban mafia as they now call it headquartered out of Florida, Miami in particular and other Cuban ,Dominican and other Hispanics are cited by the FBI and LE as reporting to or being under , Belonging
First you say they're "making headway into unions" and then you say "they're not infiltrating unions." Which is it?

There is no "Cuban Mafia." The term "Mafia" gets thrown around and attached to things so freely, especially by the media. There are various Cuban criminal enterprises. Some involved in credit card fraud or health care fraud. Others involved in theft rings. Others involved in marijuana trafficking. We see the same things with Asian, Eurasian, Balkan, African, and Middle Eastern criminal enterprises. These tend to be smaller, less hierarchical and organized, and more fluid than a NY Mafia family. You can't take a Cuban group in New York that may be involved in gambling, another in Florida that may grow marijuana, and another in California involved in insurance scams, and connect them (and their income all together) and call it the "Cuban Mafia."

As for the rackets on your last post, you mentioned sports betting and loansharking. The LCN is still the biggest player in these rackets.
All I'm saying is I have no idea if there is, Or isn't this "Cuban mafia " it's by no means bigger than Lcn, And I say that I have no idea because, For a few decades there was this "Corporation" or, "Cuban mafia" which was very different from Balkan, Eastern European, African, Etc etc. OC where they had Strength, Numbers, Power , A leader and Co leader, Or boss and UB, Had lieutenants and soldiers and a pretty big cohesive and unified organization that modeled itself after the mob/Lcn and had staying power . IMO this organization it still here, I know the term is loosely thrown around but I believe the Corporation, Or Cuban Mafia exists and is quite an impressive organization at that. If Law enforcement and the FBI didn't state "Cuban mafia" , Ex Corporation or whatever as many times as they do and I didn't hear things from people in certain neighborhoods, See the indictments, Articles, Arrests . This, All combined, In my mind there is a Corporation, Or Cuban Mafia !
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Bklyn21 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:59 amAll I'm saying is I have no idea if there is, Or isn't this "Cuban mafia " it's by no means bigger than Lcn, And I say that I have no idea because, For a few decades there was this "Corporation" or, "Cuban mafia" which was very different from Balkan, Eastern European, African, Etc etc. OC where they had Strength, Numbers, Power , A leader and Co leader, Or boss and UB, Had lieutenants and soldiers and a pretty big cohesive and unified organization that modeled itself after the mob/Lcn and had staying power . IMO this organization it still here, I know the term is loosely thrown around but I believe the Corporation, Or Cuban Mafia exists and is quite an impressive organization at that. If Law enforcement and the FBI didn't state "Cuban mafia" , Ex Corporation or whatever as many times as they do and I didn't hear things from people in certain neighborhoods, See the indictments, Articles, Arrests . This, All combined, In my mind there is a Corporation, Or Cuban Mafia !
As I said, you can't just take various criminals, who are usually unconnected but just happen to share the same ethnicity, and call it a "__________ Mafia." And I have yet to see evidence that the Corporation (which was essentially a Cuban Mafia) continued, as it had, after the 2004 indictment.
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

There is another factor here that causes me to be skeptical of there being groups of criminals comprised of Hispanics of various origins. Most Hispanic people in NYC are Puerto Rican. Second is Mexican. Cubans and PRs historically have very poor relations. Cubans have looked down on PRs, and Cubans in the US are generally far more successful than PRs and other Hispanic groups. Many Cubans don't even consider themselves Hispanic in the same way.