Justifiable Rats.

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Ozgoz
Straightened out

Justifiable Rats.

Post by Ozgoz »

Are there any?

Watching that Frank Cullota interview the other day, his story is Spilotro said they had the OK to do what they wanted. Then Spilotro gets pulled up on it, blames it all on Cullota, Cullota’s in jail and hear the tapes and rolls.

To me that is justifiable. Well, unless Cullota is bullshitting....
WHHAAT MUUUYDAAAAH???????
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Justifiable Rats.

Post by Lupara »

Ozgoz wrote:Are there any?

Watching that Frank Cullota interview the other day, his story is Spilotro said they had the OK to do what they wanted. Then Spilotro gets pulled up on it, blames it all on Cullota, Cullota’s in jail and hear the tapes and rolls.

To me that is justifiable. Well, unless Cullota is bullshitting....
I think Cullota flipped because he heard Spilotro had put out a contract on him.

I don't see how Spilotro could put the blame on Cullota when he was the made member that would be held acountable.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Re: Justifiable Rats.

Post by Amershire_Ed »

I think Spilotra actually beat the case when Cullota testified against him, too.
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

Frattiano too, totaly justifable for me. Louis Dragna & Brooklier put him acting boss only to reach Bompensiero and once it was done, when Brooklier got out of prison he ran the rumor that Frattiano was acting for himself and launched a contract on him.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

If we go by their stories they are all justifiable. Most if not all just don't want to do their time.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

In my memory, Pete Chiodo and Al D’Arco were two of the very few to be justified to turn. Not that I condone it by any measure. But if your research their situation, I think it’ll prove out my piont!
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Angelo Lonardo flipped because he said that his crew was running a massive narcotics operation that he knew nothing about. If he is to be believed, it’s justifiable not to do 50 years for something that was being done behind your back without permission.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Any rat is justifiable if the family is not financially supporting the incarcerated’s wife and kids. If somebody is doing Time for the family, then their blood family should be financially taken care of.
Last edited by JCB1977 on Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

motorfab wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:14 am Frattiano too, totaly justifable for me. Louis Dragna & Brooklier put him acting boss only to reach Bompensiero and once it was done, when Brooklier got out of prison he ran the rumor that Frattiano was acting for himself and launched a contract on him.
I personally don't buy Fratianno's version. I absolutely believe he was presenting himself as the boss when he shouldn't have. This is a guy who wandered into a making ceremony and essentially just included himself in it. And really, I don't see why LA would need Fratianno to get Bompensiero. Bompensiero goes to make/receive a call at a telephone booth and Ricciardi shot him. There's no need for Fratianno at all. Fratianno was one of the biggest bullshit artists in the mob. Always exaggerating who and what he knew, constantly bragging about how great of a mobster he was and how useless everyone else was. But when it's all said and done, he was a broke soldier with no power, rackets or money who had alienated himself from multiple families and didn't want to go to jail again.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Joseph Campanella was 100% justifiable.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

motorfab wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:14 am Frattiano too, totaly justifable for me. Louis Dragna & Brooklier put him acting boss only to reach Bompensiero and once it was done, when Brooklier got out of prison he ran the rumor that Frattiano was acting for himself and launched a contract on him.
, he ratted out the people in Cleveland what did they ever do to him? in fact wasn't it jack white or delsanter who warned him he may be getting set up
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

Yeah Chiodo I get. Maybe D'Arco. Although, we still don't actually know that D'Arco was supposed to get killed do we? I mean I believe it, but it's still just something D'Arco suspected right?

Campanella I also get. I kinda think that if your family tries to kill you it's kind of hard to judge someone for flipping at that point. But I mean really tried to kill you. Not just that the FBI tells you that there's been a contract put on your life. Kind of get the impression they would tell that to anyone back in the day. I'd say Veasey, but he started cooperating before Stanfa tried to have him killed.

I have trouble with Lonardo. One, I don't buy that he didn't know Sinito/Gallo were running a drug ring. I mean he was pretty clueless about what was going in in mob circles which has always seemed odd to me, but he wasn't that clueless. I just think he didn't want to go to jail. But also, even if he's telling the truth, if his idiot soldiers were running a drug ring and he didn't know about it that's on him. So because of that he's justified testifying against Kansas City, Milwaukee and Chicago about Argent?
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

gohnjotti wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:37 am Joseph Campanella was 100% justifiable.
Not really, the guys who tried to kill him had been told by the mob not to but tried anyway. He then turned rat even though the Columbo would have backed him. He was also messing with the wife of made guy, that may have been coming out and led him to rat also. Still not justified at all.
Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dwalin2014 »

Tommaso Buscetta was justifiable: his family was exterminated and he had no firepower to take revenge the mafia way, so the only thing he could do was to testify against the people responsible.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Dwalin2014 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:49 pm Tommaso Buscetta was justifiable: his family was exterminated and he had no firepower to take revenge the mafia way, so the only thing he could do was to testify against the people responsible.
Absolutely.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".