Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by B. »

It's not just Violi who discussed Buffalo connections on the tapes, but articles say Morena told Violi that John Zancocchio was responsible for informing Buffalo about Morena's induction. There are also apparently documents from the investigation that specifically say that Michael Mancuso was informed that Violi had been made underboss, in addition to the Genovese and Colombo families being told. Hopefully someone will obtain these documents and we can see scans of them.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

B. wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:39 pm It's not just Violi who discussed Buffalo connections on the tapes, but articles say Morena told Violi that John Zancocchio was responsible for informing Buffalo about Morena's induction. There are also apparently documents from the investigation that specifically say that Michael Mancuso was informed that Violi had been made underboss, in addition to the Genovese and Colombo families being told. Hopefully someone will obtain these documents and we can see scans of them.
Something that adds credence to Buffalo being mostly inactive for most of the 2000's is the lack of informants from NY bringing it up. You would think that if any of this was going on back in Massino's era, it would have came out. And if the above is true, this too will eventually come out.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Chris Christie wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:08 pm
B. wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:39 pm It's not just Violi who discussed Buffalo connections on the tapes, but articles say Morena told Violi that John Zancocchio was responsible for informing Buffalo about Morena's induction. There are also apparently documents from the investigation that specifically say that Michael Mancuso was informed that Violi had been made underboss, in addition to the Genovese and Colombo families being told. Hopefully someone will obtain these documents and we can see scans of them.
Something that adds credence to Buffalo being mostly inactive for most of the 2000's is the lack of informants from NY bringing it up. You would think that if any of this was going on back in Massino's era, it would have came out. And if the above is true, this too will eventually come out.
It could be possible todaro didnt take money from many if any people if he is the in fact active
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Very good points. You'd think something would have come out if there was a relationship during that time between Buffalo and any of the NYC families who had high-ranking turncoats in the 90s or 2000s. There could be information that we just haven't seen, though. Consider DiLeonardo's story in the Q&A about meeting with LA boss Pete Milano in California. We might not know about that if he never did a Q&A with the board.

I don't think we've gotten a taste of everything Massino has to offer. Some of the info that has come out suggests he knew more about the Montreal landscape than was previously believed, so can't be sure what all he might know elsewhere. Most of what we've been exposed to from his cooperation is the more sensationalist, headline-grabbing stuff about NYC. You have to figure he heard some piece of gossip about Buffalo at some point from the time he became underboss in the mid-80s to the time he cooperated as boss twenty years later.

If Buffalo has managed to maintain relationships with NYC figures, I would guess Florida plays a large role. FL has long been one of the main places for US mafia members to meet other members from around the US and we know the elder Todaro used Florida to meet with other bosses. We have the younger Todaro allegedly using Florida to meet with his underboss, making it likely he's used Florida to conduct other mafia business.
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

‘Ndrangheta in Greater Toronto Area hit but still too powerful – “There are 9 (Mafia clans) of us”

http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profiles/b ... -too-power
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

Laurentian wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:55 am ‘Ndrangheta in Greater Toronto Area hit but still too powerful – “There are 9 (Mafia clans) of us”

9 locali it means hundreds members, what about the lack of indictments against them? it's juts like canadian law works and the reason buffalo family was rebuilded
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

scagghiuni wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:07 am
Laurentian wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:55 am ‘Ndrangheta in Greater Toronto Area hit but still too powerful – “There are 9 (Mafia clans) of us”

9 locali it means hundreds members, what about the lack of indictments against them? it's juts like canadian law works and the reason buffalo family was rebuilded
Was just about to go into this....

It would mean a few short of 450 members.....
I think it's clear a locale doesnt NEED 49 members....

I got a few more points I'll add on ins awhile....
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

CabriniGreen wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:28 am Was just about to go into this....

maybe they mean 9 ndrine, locale's sub-unit, a ndrina can be formed also by 10 members only like the cosa nostra 'decina'
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

scagghiuni wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:33 am

maybe they mean 9 ndrine, locale's sub-unit, a ndrina can be formed also by 10 members only like the cosa nostra 'decina'
I think you are spot on......9 ndrine under the Ontario Locale makes more sense....

Especially when they refer to the Mother Locale in Calabria...

That was a hell of an article..... Might even need to be its own thread.....

I'm sure anti, B., and Lupara are going to wanna deep dive into this one....

This is another great thread we got here I suspect...
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

B. wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:52 pm
Very good points. You'd think something would have come out if there was a relationship during that time between Buffalo and any of the NYC families who had high-ranking turncoats in the 90s or 2000s. There could be information that we just haven't seen, though. Consider DiLeonardo's story in the Q&A about meeting with LA boss Pete Milano in California. We might not know about that if he never did a Q&A with the board.

I don't think we've gotten a taste of everything Massino has to offer. Some of the info that has come out suggests he knew more about the Montreal landscape than was previously believed, so can't be sure what all he might know elsewhere. Most of what we've been exposed to from his cooperation is the more sensationalist, headline-grabbing stuff about NYC. You have to figure he heard some piece of gossip about Buffalo at some point from the time he became underboss in the mid-80s to the time he cooperated as boss twenty years later.

If Buffalo has managed to maintain relationships with NYC figures, I would guess Florida plays a large role. FL has long been one of the main places for US mafia members to meet other members from around the US and we know the elder Todaro used Florida to meet with other bosses. We have the younger Todaro allegedly using Florida to meet with his underboss, making it likely he's used Florida to conduct other mafia business.
Re. Massino: You know what, that is a very good point and I'm glad you brought it up. Authors and debriefers have also commented on the mobsters' second instinct to hold back information. Not that they're purposely hiding things (in all instances) but one has to be precise and specific when asking questions. I guess it makes sense after spending a lifetime speaking in code and half sentences. So there's a strong possibility that if not directly asked about Buffalo then Massino may not have offered up any info about it.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Stroccos wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:10 pm
It could be possible todaro didnt take money from many if any people if he is the in fact active
Also possible. There's no proof and may even sound conspiratorial but for all this talk about Falzone being the face of things from 2006 until his death, could Todaro have been doing something similar to Steve Mazzone in Philly who played it straight for several years? Perhaps Todaro Jr was making sure his books were in order before taking more of an active role in decision making. So much we don't know it's pointless for me to speculate.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Lupara »

B. wrote:It's not just Violi who discussed Buffalo connections on the tapes, but articles say Morena told Violi that John Zancocchio was responsible for informing Buffalo about Morena's induction. There are also apparently documents from the investigation that specifically say that Michael Mancuso was informed that Violi had been made underboss, in addition to the Genovese and Colombo families being told. Hopefully someone will obtain these documents and we can see scans of them.
Where did you find this information?
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

scagghiuni wrote:

I think that's more likely. According to Italian authorities the Canadian cells comprised 40 members. This was back in 2009-2010 when they were first publicly identified.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Lupara wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:35 am
B. wrote:It's not just Violi who discussed Buffalo connections on the tapes, but articles say Morena told Violi that John Zancocchio was responsible for informing Buffalo about Morena's induction. There are also apparently documents from the investigation that specifically say that Michael Mancuso was informed that Violi had been made underboss, in addition to the Genovese and Colombo families being told. Hopefully someone will obtain these documents and we can see scans of them.
Where did you find this information?
B. would have obtained it from the article found at https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/sh ... falo-mafia.

Incidentally, when Humphreys and his newspaper updated that article, the copy in red, below, was removed:

The reorganization seemed to begin in 2014.

“Captains” were allegedly appointed to run crews of soldiers, including one in Hamilton.

Compare the most up-to-date article with the one found at https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/crimeinc ... ar-BBQsi0o.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

There might be less than eight soldiers from the 97 chart still alive, meaning they've might have made at least 20 or so new members since then. And perhaps, since 2014. I know Mafia protocol is to make members 'sparingly' but if an organization is "rebuilding?" And while Buffalo isn't Philadelphia, I'm reminded of their NE Crew that they formed, making a captain and 5-7 soldiers in 1998. There is precedent for it.