Who are the Bosses?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JCB1977
Filthy Few

Re: Who are the Bosses?

Post by JCB1977 »

NJShore4Life wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:14 pm If I had to take a guess for DeCavs, it would be Majuri as boss since Guarraci’s death from cancer. Just an educated guess on my part.
Majuri is up there in age, is there anybody younger than him viewed as a potential leader?
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

JCB1977 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:22 am I am assuming that Peter Gotti is certainly not considered the boss any longer after his latest revelations?

Don't know what the fall out from that will be. If indeed there will be any. But at the time of that column Capeci still had him as Official Boss.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:26 am
JCB1977 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:22 am I am assuming that Peter Gotti is certainly not considered the boss any longer after his latest revelations?

Don't know what the fall out from that will be. If indeed there will be any. But at the time of that column Capeci still had him as Official Boss.

Pogo
Fair to say that the Gambino's have turned their back on him?
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Even if we were to take Gotti down from the forum charts based on what DiLeonardo speculated would likely happen, we wouldn't be able to fill the empty boss spot. I think it's best to carry Gotti as boss (in name only, as he has been for years anyway) until Capeci or LE identify Cefalu, Mannino or someone else as the new official boss
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
cdc
Straightened out

Post by cdc »

If I remember right In the ligambi Gambino meeting they were talking about a dispute philly had with the decavs and how they didn’t like the new boss who was the son of a former boss. Never said who it was but narrows it down a lot. Maybe it’s one of the riggi sons?
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Majuri’s Father was a leader too way back in the day.
Nepa31
Straightened out

Post by Nepa31 »

My money’s on Majuri. A state detective told me “the guy they call ears” is who he thinks is the boss now. He doesn’t work OC but in NJ narcotics and OC always end up overlapping. It’s their best source of income besides construction.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

cdc wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:07 pm If I remember right In the ligambi Gambino meeting they were talking about a dispute philly had with the decavs and how they didn’t like the new boss who was the son of a former boss. Never said who it was but narrows it down a lot. Maybe it’s one of the riggi sons?

I believe they were talking about the new leaders. The Street Boss "Milk" most like being one of the Merlo's. Though we now know that at that time John Riggi was still functioning as the Boss.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

The Philly family had some unspecified dispute with the DeCavalcantes that was addressed at the Ligambi, John Gambino, etc. meeting.

Licata was recorded saying that the sons of a previous DeCav leader were runnings things and he apparently had a low opinion of them. This recording was years before Stango identified "Milk" (as Pogo said, a nickname for deceased Joe Merlo Sr. so possibly extended to his sons as well), so it's not clear if Licata was referring to the same people who were acting/street bosses a few years later. Merlo Sr. was never a "leader" to my knowledge so Licata may not have been referring to them. Offhand, candidates who fit that description are the Riggi sons (previously shelved) and Joe Colletti's sons.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Sounds like Majuri
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

Damn majuri running the show?? I saw a picture of him in the hospital from probably like 4 years ago and he did not look good at all... like I’m surprised he’s still alive type condition.. who knows maybe he turned his health around and got a new boost in his life now that he’s running the show... wonder if he kid does/ is invoked at any level, he’s at that age, early /mid 20s... just wonder cause his father and grandfather both thought the life was good enough for themselves.. wonder if he won’t let his kid get near, or maybe the kid wants 0 to do with it...
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Licata said sons plural so likely not a reference to Majuri. Don't recall him having a brother who is involved.

Pogo