Chicago Making Ceremonies

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Snakes
Full Patched

Re: Chicago Making Ceremonies

Post by Snakes »

TallGuy19 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:10 pm Does anyoneyone know who Sam DeStefano worked under in the Outfit?
He was independent and reported to Giancana.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

TallGuy19 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:10 pm Does anyoneyone know who Sam DeStefano worked under in the Outfit?
DeStefano met Paul Ricca in Leavenworth Prison and actually financed part of DeStefano's juice operation. While Ricca was alive, no one could touch DeStefano. He got killed shortly after Ricca died.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

You see that, no young guys only older hsrdened and proved gangsters. That was very smart. Thats why chicsgo got no made man rats
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Gerald Scarpelli and Nick Calabrese were both made men and they both informed. Chuck Nicoletti became a confidential informant before he was killed. Butch Blasi was another CI.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

AlexfromSouth wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:12 pm You see that, no young guys only older hsrdened and proved gangsters. That was very smart. Thats why chicsgo got no made man rats
Nick Calebrese was a made guy and he flipped. But still i get your point. Chicago doesn’t get enough credit for how low key they’ve been since family secrets. Besides the Sarno case and they Panozzo case, the family has been under the radar. I guess the family’s success can be attributed to their strong tightly knit leadership.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

slimshady_007 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:20 pm
AlexfromSouth wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:12 pm You see that, no young guys only older hsrdened and proved gangsters. That was very smart. Thats why chicsgo got no made man rats
Nick Calebrese was a made guy and he flipped. But still i get your point. Chicago doesn’t get enough credit for how low key they’ve been since family secrets. Besides the Sarno case and they Panozzo case, the family has been under the radar. I guess the family’s success can be attributed to their strong tightly knit leadership.
Yes Nick fliped and maybe a couple more I don't know the real number but it's still waay less than NY, Phila, Boston or NJ. Those Chicago guys were tough and stand up.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Chicago doesn’t get enough credit for how low key they’ve been since family secrets. Besides the Sarno case and they Panozzo case, the family has been under the radar. I guess the family’s success can be attributed to their strong tightly knit leadership.
The Outfit is low key because hardly anything is happening. That's why they're "low key". The remaining older Outfit Guys are content in letting the Organization die a slow death from attrition. They saw the handwriting on the Wall a long time ago. The only possible exception might by Vena.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Confederate wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:43 pm
Chicago doesn’t get enough credit for how low key they’ve been since family secrets. Besides the Sarno case and they Panozzo case, the family has been under the radar. I guess the family’s success can be attributed to their strong tightly knit leadership.
The Outfit is low key because hardly anything is happening. That's why they're "low key". The remaining older Outfit Guys are content in letting the Organization die a slow death from attrition. They saw the handwriting on the Wall a long time ago. The only possible exception might by Vena.
I understand what u mean. The outfit today is nothing compared to what it was 40 yrs ago. But the family still seems to be operating. Vena’s Grand Ave Crew is still active and the outfit has been suspected in atleast 3 killings from 2006-2016. Vena’s name has popped up in several recent cases and the fact that he hasn’t been indicted makes me think he’s very good at running what’s left of Chicago’s mob.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

Wasn't Lou Marino made sometime in the late 1980s?
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

cavita wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:00 pm Wasn't Lou Marino made sometime in the late 1980s?
He was at the very least considered "made" because he and DeLaurentis were right under Infelise when he became Boss of the Cicero Crew upon the death Ferriola. He might have been mentioned in one of those ceremonies that tool place but I don't remember.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

According to one source (a file in Mary Ferrell), Giancana was made shortly before he went to prison and his sponsors were Louis Campagna and Frank Nitto
https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... 20giancana

According to one of my sources, Willie Messino was made around 1949 when Tony Capezio was capo of his crew. Cerone sponsored him.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

cavita wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:00 pm Wasn't Lou Marino made sometime in the late 1980s?
Good question.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Snakes wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:36 am His birth name was Richard Scalzitti
Richard Cain was the son of John Cain and Lydia Scully. His mother, Lydia, was the son of Ole Scully, who changed his name from Olempio Scalzitti. So Richard Cain was Italian on his mother's side. I'm wondering if Giancana made him anyways and covered up his Irish father. Cain insisted to Bill Roemer that he was made and that his real name was Scalzitti, and Roemer believed him. Other sources seem to indicate that he was made, but still others don't, so it's up for debate.

About the 1956 ceremony, the informant says it was Phil Alderisio who was made in 1956. I didn't see where he said that the English brothers were made then, but maybe I overlooked it.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Antiliar wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:53 pm
Snakes wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:36 am His birth name was Richard Scalzitti
Richard Cain was the son of John Cain and Lydia Scully. His mother, Lydia, was the son of Ole Scully, who changed his name from Olempio Scalzitti. So Richard Cain was Italian on his mother's side. I'm wondering if Giancana made him anyways and covered up his Irish father. Cain insisted to Bill Roemer that he was made and that his real name was Scalzitti, and Roemer believed him. Other sources seem to indicate that he was made, but still others don't, so it's up for debate.

About the 1956 ceremony, the informant says it was Phil Alderisio who was made in 1956. I didn't see where he said that the English brothers were made then, but maybe I overlooked it.
Thanks, the document I had did not mention Alderisio specifically as being made but you know how they pick and choose what to redact from file to file.