Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

slimshady_007
Full Patched

Re: Buffalo - Alive and well?

Post by slimshady_007 »

It was also revealed that Buffalo was in contact with mobsters in nyc and had to seek their approval for certain decisions in the family. Im not sayin Buffalo is on the level of the Gambinos but Buffalo def appears to be active.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
mobinfiltrator
Straightened out

Post by mobinfiltrator »

Pogo The Clown wrote:Curious why the FBI haven't declared the New England, Philly, Chicago, NJ families dead for PR or budget purposes? Why does Buffalo get this special treatment of being declared defunct and ignored by the FBI when in reality they know still are still going strong?

Pogo
I can only speak to what I know and what I was told by the FBI.

Just because Buffalo & Detroit Field offices redirect their funding, I don’t suppose it means all field offices did.

Also, both are border crossing towns and a point of concern from an anti-terrorism perspective. In Canada, we are VERY lapse when it comes to security checks of visible minorities (we hate to do anything which might flag us as racist) and our security has always been a point/ cause of concern for the Yanks.

It was the Americans that insisted the Nuclear Power Plant in Pickering Ontario needed to have armed security, because it was a possible terrorism target.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mobinfiltrator
Straightened out

Post by mobinfiltrator »

slimshady_007 wrote:It was also revealed that Buffalo was in contact with mobsters in nyc and had to seek their approval for certain decisions in the family. Im not sayin Buffalo is on the level of the Gambinos but Buffalo def appears to be active.
This is a possible working theory. Buffalo are not in charge of their own shit anymore and answer to others.

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

mobinfiltrator wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:07 am I can only speak to what I know and what I was told by the FBI.

Just because Buffalo & Detroit Field offices redirect their funding, I don’t suppose it means all field offices did.

Also, both are border crossing towns and a point of concern from an anti-terrorism perspective. In Canada, we are VERY lapse when it comes to security checks of visible minorities (we hate to do anything which might flag us as racist) and our security has always been a point/ cause of concern for the Yanks.

It was the Americans that insisted the Nuclear Power Plant in Pickering Ontario needed to have armed security, because it was a possible terrorism target.

What about NY state and Buffalo LE? They also say it is gone.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
mobinfiltrator
Straightened out

Post by mobinfiltrator »

Pogo The Clown wrote:
mobinfiltrator wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:07 am I can only speak to what I know and what I was told by the FBI.

What about NY state and Buffalo LE? They also say it is gone.

Pogo
They’ll toe the FBI line unless it looks bad on them. Lot of joint operation going on at anytime, and funding for the bigger projects comes from the Feds. I’ll reach out to someone I know at Buffalo Police and get her take. I don’t know any of the State guys so I can’t comment. They’ll get daily intel briefs on all crime, unless its an active project.

Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Re: New Member

Post by Angelo Santino »

I wasn't saying La Nova's look like shit, I was saying that it's not ideal for a hangout a la Sopranos. Not that you were saying it was.

As far as wiseguy's talking up a storm. Point taken and agreed, everything remembers "I'm the Underboss now, I'm over everybody" by Anthony "The Genius" Megale.
mobinfiltrator
Straightened out

Post by mobinfiltrator »

Chris Christie wrote:I wasn't saying La Nova's look like shit, I was saying that it's not ideal for a hangout a la Sopranos. Not that you were saying it was.

As far as wiseguy's talking up a storm. Point taken and agreed, everything remembers "I'm the Underboss now, I'm over everybody" by Anthony "The Genius" Megale.
Ha ha...don’t worry, I don’t think Todaro reads this forum. Every ‘Social Club’ or meeting place they took me looked like crap. [emoji23] Perhaps, they just didn’t want to take me anyhwere nice. [emoji23]

Mason_dixon
Straightened out

Post by Mason_dixon »

Mobinfiktrator... so now that you have answered the Buffalo question we would love to know your opinion on Detroit! Ha but seriously we would!
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

mobinfiltrator wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:08 am
slimshady_007 wrote:It was also revealed that Buffalo was in contact with mobsters in nyc and had to seek their approval for certain decisions in the family. Im not sayin Buffalo is on the level of the Gambinos but Buffalo def appears to be active.
This is a possible working theory. Buffalo are not in charge of their own shit anymore and answer to others.

Thats a very possible theory.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Chris Christie wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:53 am When I was in La Nova, half of the customers and a few employees were African American, Dominican or Trinidadian. It's by no means the Bada Bing or Satriales.
So didja get to meet Todaro while there? I waltzed into the place on the way back from a job interview in toronto for that specific purpose and I got my wish. He was a cool guy!
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

mobinfiltrator wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:55 am I’ll speak to the topic of Buffalo and the FBI’s constant denial they’re still an active organization.

In 2006 my Project (Scopa) an undercover operation in the Traditional Organized Crime in the Golden Horseshoe was compromise by corrupt police officers. Contracts were taken out by (allegedly) TOC and the Hamilton Chapter of Hells Angels.

I was sent as a Detective to work at the RCMP Combined Forces Special Enforcement Unit. We were working a job on the Albanian mob. It was a cross border operation with both the FBI Detroit and Buffalo/ Niagara field offices.

In chatting with one of the FBI agents after a debrief he asked my name, so I told him. He knew me, and so did a few other of the officers. They’d worked TOC out of Buffalo for years and he told me they were still a very active crew and increasingly so in Canada.

He went on to tell me because of something that happened in Sept 2001 90% of all Organized Crime funding had been diverted to anti-terrorism.

This lack of funding showed as well. We’d follow the Albanians to the border, and hand over to the Feds. Our surveillance crew would run about 9 strong, 9 different vehicles. The feds would be lucky if they had 3 surveillance guys and 2 vehicles, because , and I quote “We’re on a gas budget.”

In the end we took the Albanians down on their way to do a hit just outside of Toronto, and even extradited one who was wanted by NYPD for an attempt murder on an NYPD Detective.

My point is, from a law enforcement perspective, when you’re this short handed that you can’t cover your most basic units, you enter into PR mode and tell everyone concerned that there’s no crime. Nothing to see here. And of course the Todaro’s aren’t going to dispute this.

2006/ 2007 the FBI told me directly TOC are operational and stronger than ever in Buffalo.

I speak with one ‘retired’ mobster on this side of the border. Every year he still has to cross and present himself to the Todaro’s to prove his loyalty, and every year he doe’s so expecting this will be the time he gets clipped.

The Buffalo TOC are still alive and well and anyone who tells you any different is delusional to the facts.

These guys rarely retire.

Its a lifestyle for them, not about the money. They don’t know or want to do anything else.

Two made guys from Buffalo attended Ang Musitanos funeral.

We have them active and about 30 strong in 2006.

You really think they’re gone because the FBI and Todaro say so?

Just my humble opinion.

Well hell, going with that argument, one could make the same claims about any family where there is a clear, steady decline in numbers and little in the way of mob cases. Maybe the Smaldone family in Denver has been
"alive and well" right under our noses this whole time. Sarcasm aside, it's true that a lot of federal resources were diverted after 9/11 but that excuse can only go so far for so long in explaining away lack of indictments.

As Pogo pointed out, over the past 20 years we've still seen ongoing cases with the New Jersey, New England, Philadelphia, and Chicago families. To say nothing of the five New York families. And these are the same 9 families that we've consistently seen listed by the feds as still being viable. I'm guessing that's not just a coincidence.

But we're supposed to believe Buffalo and Detroit are somehow different and the exception to the rule despite relatively little in the way of mob cases over an extended period of time, as well as clear declines in membership?

Buffalo and Detroit lasted longer into the 1990s than many other families did after the Mafia-busting 1980s. But we haven't seen a truly major case involving either family since 1996 - LIUNA Local 210 for Buffalo and GamTax for Detroit. It's 2019, people. If the few families left outside New York, which the FBI actually does still recognize, are small and weak, what are the chances Buffalo or Detroit are still alive and well?
All roads lead to New York.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

@Wiseguy and Pogo: Would you two children grow the fuck up.

We’ve got a Detective with the Hamilton Police Department who worked fucking undercover with italian OC patiently answering all questions posed to him and you two idiots are responding with childish sarcastic responses.

You don’t like the answers, fine, don’t want to believe him, fine, but treat the guy with some respect and engage in an adult manner. I believe he’s earned it, at least more than you two schmucks.

And @ Paul: in case you missed my welcome post in another thread, welcome. It’s a pleasure to have you here and I hope you find your time here as rewarding as we will from your contributions.

Cheers
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I have to say though that despite our disagreements that is very a good chart you posted. Thanks for contributing it. Do you happen to have the one from 2006 or any from earlier periods? Thanks.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Who the hell pissed in your cereal this morning?

Pogo
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:02 am Curious why the FBI haven't declared the New England, Philly, Chicago, NJ families dead for PR or budget purposes? Why does Buffalo get this special treatment of being declared defunct and ignored by the FBI when in reality they know still are still going strong?

Pogo
although he didn't said it, i bet they have some strong political connections over there, that's could be a reason they even denied they exist