Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

antimafia
Full Patched

Re: Pasquale (Pat) Musitano shot west of Toronto

Post by antimafia »

Link below is to Daniel Renaud's French-language article:

Des rapprochements entre les groupes criminels du Québec et de l'Ontario?

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/just ... ntario.php
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: The ‘Ndrangheta in Ontario

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

antimafia wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:01 am Italian probe reveals how 'criminal blockchain' gives Toronto-area mobsters international authority

http://nationalpost.com/wcm/00ac2e8c-69 ... 52057d2b36
Wow. Great article anti 👍
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

MOB MUDDLING: 'Incompetent hit team' fails to ice Musitano again

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/ ... ano-again/
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Wiseguy »

So I emailed Anna Sergi, who most will remember came out with that report on the New York families not long ago, and asked her why she characterized the Todaro family of Buffalo as once being a part of La Cosa Nostra.

This was her response -

"Sorry the question is way too broad and would require a lot more background. LCN is a social construction these days - it has changed from what it used to be - the mafia families such as the Todaro were once allied to what used to be LCN and today are engrained in the new hybrid order between LCN ‘ndrangheta and whoever else - things are way more fluid these days."
All roads lead to New York.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

antimafia wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:57 am MOB MUDDLING: 'Incompetent hit team' fails to ice Musitano again

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/ ... ano-again/
Do you think he leaves the country or will he stay and let them eventually wipe him off the planet? Is he an ego maniac from your understanding?
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:14 pm So I emailed Anna Sergi, who most will remember came out with that report on the New York families not long ago, and asked her why she characterized the Todaro family of Buffalo as once being a part of La Cosa Nostra.

This was her response -

"Sorry the question is way too broad and would require a lot more background. LCN is a social construction these days - it has changed from what it used to be - the mafia families such as the Todaro were once allied to what used to be LCN and today are engrained in the new hybrid order between LCN ‘ndrangheta and whoever else - things are way more fluid these days."
Who is Anna Sergi?
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:14 pm So I emailed Anna Sergi, who most will remember came out with that report on the New York families not long ago, and asked her why she characterized the Todaro family of Buffalo as once being a part of La Cosa Nostra.

This was her response -

Very interesting and makes my mind race with questions. Thanks for sharing.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

cavita wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:42 pm

This was her response -

Who is Anna Sergi?
The Sergi's are a Calabrian family, it is a very common name in Reggio Calabria. The town my family comes from in Reggio had many Sergi's, I had an Aunt that married into the Sergi's. My uncle's brother from Reggio moved to Australia and was big with the Barbaro clan in the land down under.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

cavita wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:42 pm

This was her response -

Who is Anna Sergi?
She is a Lecturer in Criminology in the Sociology department at University of Essex in the United Kingdom, and the Deputy Director of the Centre for Criminology
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

Doesn't matter where he hides. As we've seen, people get hit anywhere in the world from Sicily to South America.

That Musitano depends on a 76 year old for protection says enough about his status, unless that guy is like Buscetta in the Godfather Part II. He did do a decent job this time.

And if the associate was the target, obviously he would've been shot at the scene.

With these amateur hitmen, it appears there's an open contract on him. Del Balso was in a similar situation when two neanderthals showed up at his door step.

Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Lupara »

Wiseguy wrote:So I emailed Anna Sergi, who most will remember came out with that report on the New York families not long ago, and asked her why she characterized the Todaro family of Buffalo as once being a part of La Cosa Nostra.

This was her response -

She could just mean that the remnants of the Buffalo family are now mingling with other crime groups. But it also seems like she's dodging the question so she doesn't have to explain her previous statements.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Does she even know that the Buffalo family has had a a connection to the Ndrangheta going back decades, it is hardly something new.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

the todaro family was a lcn one, not just allied with lcn, today it is dead according to fbi but still viable according to violi wiretaps, also i suppose she's talking about canada only
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

"LCN is a social construction these days." Ah spoken like a true sociologist. :lol:

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

This was her response -

Do you find her response to be that out of alignment with what you believe, that Buffalo isn't viable? A crime family, that's not LCN would be somewhat of an accurate description, IF you don't believe Buffalo is a viable organization.

I asked this before, why exactly should I consider the Musitanos a crime family, but not the Violis/Luppinos? When they seem just as active and connected, maybe BETTER connected? Why should we consider the Ursinos a crime family then?
I've made the point before, until recently I've NEVER seen ANY of the Calabrian clans broken down really. We just got the Figliomenis, we know about the Commisos, Collucios, I have NO idea what clan Tavernese or DiMaria are bosses of,or even what their operations are, or WHERE they are.Theres a lot we still don't know.