Who are the Bosses?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Tony Monte
Straightened out

Who are the Bosses?

Post by Tony Monte »

Seems like over the last few months a lot of things have happened regarding bosses, as of now who are the bosses? Legit bosses who have final say on things not a figurehead like Peter Gotti.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Who are the Bosses?

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Genovese: Barney Bellomo
Gambino: Peter Gotti (IP), Dom Cefalu (Acting)
Lucchese: Vic Amuso (IP), Mike DeSantis (Acting)
Bonanno: Mike Mancuso (Halfway house), John Palazzolo (Acting)
Colombo: ?, Little Allie Boy Persico (Acting, IP)

Pogo
Last edited by Pogo The Clown on Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

Wasn’t Joseph Cammarano was acting boss for the Bonannos?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

thekiduknow wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:52 pm Wasn’t Joseph Cammarano was acting boss for the Bonannos?

He was shelved by Mancuso. Read the latest Gangland column.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

Oh wow, didn’t keep up with that thanks
crazyjoegallo
Straightened out

Post by crazyjoegallo »

Who's the DeCavalcante boss?
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

Lol peter gotti is not the boss
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

I believe mush must be acting boss for colombos hell be around until hes dead. Allies probably the official for some odd reason most likely because mush is a cousin but honestly mush should be selected as boss hes older and allie boy doesnt have the samr reputation as his father did. Do people really fear allie boy or do they really fear mush russo?

However teddy persico will be out soon and he could be running things soon even though hes not a smart guy. Michael could run things if he wanted to but I heard he doesnt want to be in the life?
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
miggy9
On Record

Post by miggy9 »

crazyjoegallo wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:03 am Who's the DeCavalcante boss?
Hasn't Majuri been considered the " acting boss " after Guarraci died?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Nothing official has come out on who replaced Riggi. A few years ago "Horse" was IDed as the Acting Boss but it unknown if it was in reference to Guarraci or someone else.

Pogo
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Extortion wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:58 am Lol peter gotti is not the boss
He is/was the last official boss according to the feds and Capeci, albeit in name only. Maybe that's changed after his recent reported change of views on life but that's just speculation.
All roads lead to New York.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

If I had to take a guess for DeCavs, it would be Majuri as boss since Guarraci’s death from cancer. Just an educated guess on my part.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Extortion wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:02 am I believe mush must be acting boss for colombos hell be around until hes dead. Allies probably the official for some odd reason most likely because mush is a cousin but honestly mush should be selected as boss hes older and allie boy doesnt have the samr reputation as his father did. Do people really fear allie boy or do they really fear mush russo?

However teddy persico will be out soon and he could be running things soon even though hes not a smart guy. Michael could run things if he wanted to but I heard he doesnt want to be in the life?
Andrew Russo would not take over the family whilst on supervised release. He learned his lesson in the 1990s and made sure not to repeat it when he became boss in March of 2010, mere days after his supervised release ended.
That means if Russo is the acting boss, he most likely assumed the position in 2016. It wouldn’t surprise me if he did. He has historically had more family influence and clout than other street bosses, which is evidenced by him organising a panel to take over the family after he was imprisoned in 2011, and later selecting two out-of-state mobsters to return to the fold, all from behind bars.

Whoever is the “street boss” is there purely for the Persicos, in my opinion, since a law enforcement official - I believe it was Scott Curtis - said that Russo received no pay or tribute from his role as street boss, and all tribute money - most of which was collected by Angelo Spata, who made a lot of enemies by going around pushing for money - went to the incarcerated Persico brood.

There are two main avenues the family could have taken after Russo’s imprisonment. First, Russo proposed an interim ruling panel with Ralph Lombardo, Reynold Maragni and Richard Fusco. It should be noted that during this time period, both Maragni and Fusco were on bail, preparing themselves for a term of imprisonment. Russo’s next plan was for mostly-retired soldier Dominic Montemarano, who was living in LA, and Florida capo Thomas Farese to serve as acting underboss (de facto street boss) and acting consigliere respectively. This plan is similar to Ralph DeLeo’s promotion in which the Colombo administration promoted members who were not particularly influential or powerful, but who would follow the Persicos’ bidding to a hilt.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Did I miss the crea, Madonna et al verdict??

In that trial what were the three acting spots who were supposedly ready to kill crea/Bronx crew???
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:28 pm Genovese: Barney Bellomo
Gambino: Peter Gotti (IP), Dom Cefalu (Acting)
Lucchese: Vic Amuso (IP), Mike DeSantis (Acting)
Bonanno: Mike Mancuso (Halfway house), John Palazzolo (Acting)
Colombo: ?, Little Allie Boy Persico (Acting, IP)

Pogo
I am assuming that Peter Gotti is certainly not considered the boss any longer after his latest revelations?
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP