General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by Pogo The Clown »

The Colombos, Luccheses and the mob in general got their untaxed cigarettes from North Carolina.

Pogo
Last edited by Pogo The Clown on Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:02 pm The Colombos,Luccheses and the mob in general. got their untaxed cigarettes from North Carolina.

Pogo
Yep, they had a real good thing going for years, especially back then the penalties were minimal by comparison to today. Smart guys made a lot of $$. Selling out of locations, trunks, etc... and the cigarette machines
back then were a great way to push em out! Today, cigarette machines are but a memory!
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:02 pm The Colombos,Luccheses and the mob in general. got their untaxed cigarettes from North Carolina.

Pogo
Chris Moltisanti did too.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
NickyEyes1
Straightened out

Post by NickyEyes1 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:13 pm

Pogo
If I were you I'd cut out the open bar
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

NickyEyes1 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:43 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:13 pm

Pogo
If I were you I'd cut out the open bar
You ever met doctor Johnson? Lovely guy, amazing guy. Gave a guy six months to live. Couldn’t pay his bill, gave him another 6 months.

Apologies. Fucking kills me that joke. Happy Summer Nick!
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Confederate wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:21 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:58 pm
slimshady_007 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:01 pm Which family is more active- Chicago or Philly?
Gotta be Philly by a landslide.
No question. Philly still has that 'South Philly" Italian thing going. From what I have read, Chicago really doesn't have anything like that anymore or at least it is much less prominent that Philly IMO.
It's mostly gone, yeah.

Chicago Italians are mostly like Detroit Italians now. Upper middle class, out in the suburbs, and very Americanized.

Elmwood Park is a fairly urban area that's heavily Italian-American (like 40% or thereabouts), it's technically a suburb but doesn't feel like it so much. I think some parts of Bridgeport are still like that too, and it's by downtown, though most of the area is Chinese now.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Didn't think this question required its own thread.

Did Furnari retain the rank of consigliere after his conviction? I ask because, in Mob Boss, D'Arco describes Migliore and then Casso (before his promotion to underboss) as serving in the role at the start of the Amuso era. If Furnari did, in fact, remain as consigliere then I'd presume Migliore and Casso were merely acting, but if so could anyone point me in the direction of any sources for Furnari's position in the family post-Commission Case? Thanks
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I have Funari holding his Consigiere rank until 1996. Migliore serving as UnderBoss around 1986/7 followed by Mariano Macaluso until 1989 when casso got the spot. I don't recall Casso serving as Consigliere though he was pretty much defacto #2 to Amuso despite it.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

I've been periodically updating the Tommy Gioeli biography on my website as I discover more and more information. As it turns out, a man by the name of Anthony Kenny allegedly drove the crash car in the 1991 murder of Frank 'Chestnut' Marasa. Kenny was an associate of the Bay Parkway Boys alongside Big Dino Calabro, Joey Caves Competiello, etc. and was also dating the stepdaughter of Bonanno consigliere Anthony Spero. The reason why Kenny was so useful in the Chestnut Marasa murder is because Marasa was dating the other stepdaughter of Anthony Spero (Michelle Rizzuto) and was therefore knowledgeable of Marasa's routines, as the pair spent a lot of time together.

My question is, does anybody have any more information on this "Anthony Kenny" figure? He doesn't pop up much in the rest of Big Dino Calabro or Joey Competiello's court testimony, although it appears he turned cooperating witness at some point. It's unknown when he turned cooperating witness, but he apparently didn't provide much useful information about the Chestnut Marasa murder because he was never called to testify, so it makes me think he turned cooperating witness before then. Anyone got any more information on this guy?
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

See #4, John. A post from Gioeli

Monday, December 26, 2011
Questions...Answers Please???
In today's post, I would just like to share some questions. I am going to try not to comment; I am simply going to ask questions of Justice Department's representatives of my case and any other legal mind in justice that can adequately explain this system of oppression.

1: My first question is: Is it the quest of the Justice Department to find the truth?

2: Why would AUSA Elizabeth (Liz the Liar) Geddes not call her first star witness (Anthony Basile) to testify against me at my trial?
2a: If Liz (the Liar) deems him "not credible" then was he "not credible" when I was arrested and indicted as a result of his testimony to the Grand Jury?
2b: Was he deemed "not credible" when myself and my co-defendants received a death penalty charge because of his testimony? Is the death penalty so trivial that it merely needs the accusation of a non-credible government witness to be enacted? Or was the death penalty used as a tool for the prosecution to terrorize my co-defendants into shifting all of their crimes onto me?
2c: Does the sacred Death Penalty Committee act in collusion with the local US Attorney's office to condone these unethical tactics? Is it a miracle that the second my two ex-co-defendents, Joseph (Joe Caves) Competiello and Dino (Hemorrhoids) Calabro joined team America, the death penalty charge was dropped?

3: Why would Liz (the Liar) Geddes not call her second star witness, Frank (Blue Eyes) Sparaco to testify against me at my trial?
3a: If Liz (the Liar) deems him "not credible," was he "not credible" when Nassau Count District Attorney Kathleen Rice announced at a press conference that, "the entire investigation was launched because of an anonymous letter" (written by Frank Sparaco) that came across her desk? Did she know that the author of said letter was Frank Sparaco? The FBI and the US Attorney's office knew! Was she acting in collusion with her federal counter-parts when she held this press conference?
3b: Why would Liz (the Liar) Geddes not call Frank Sparaco to tell what he knows about the double homicide of John Minerva and Mike Imbergamo when he was allegedly in the car with the shooters?

4: Why would Liz (the Liar) Geddes not call on the following persons who have firsthand knowledge of, or are primary witnesses to the crimes of which I am accused at my trial?
-Anthony Kenny
-Anthony Calandra
-Anthony Calabro
-Gabriel Marquez
-Charles Diaz
...amongst many others?
4a: Why will they not introduce or allow me to introduce any of the statements that these and other individuals have previously made to law enforcement, the US Attorney's office, or the Grand Jury?

These statements coupled with the testimony of all of the witnesses proves my innocence beyond any doubt! So why is my government trying so hard to convict an innocent man?? Why won't they let the truth be told? AUSA Elizabeth Geddes, are you not ashamed that you tried to have me put to death without any evidence??? Your death sentence was brought forth based on my friendships and relations, much in the way ethnic and religious groups were targeted by the Nazis. I know you are, "just doing your job and following orders" but it would be more appropriate for you to give that excuse in German!!!

Stronger today than yesterday,
TG

SAVALOOO
Posted by TommyGioeli at 11:50 PM 1 comment:
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Good stuff, UTC, that’s what I was referring to when I said Anthony Kenny was a government witness but didn’t give any information on the Frank Marisa hit. Gioeli’s blog is hilarious. I love how he calls everyone by their commonly-known nicknames but comes up with his own for Dino (Hemorrhoids) Calabro and Salvatore (Shitty Sally) Miciotta.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Manf
Straightened out

Post by Manf »

Does anyone know if Bill Bufalino, Jimmy Hoffa's attorney was related to Russell Bufalino?
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Manf wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:48 pm Does anyone know if Bill Bufalino, Jimmy Hoffa's attorney was related to Russell Bufalino?
Cousins.
SlapDatCorn2
Prospect

Post by SlapDatCorn2 »

can there be more than one streetboss?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

SlapDatCorn2 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:18 am can there be more than one streetboss?
Only one guy will have that title but one could argue a ruling panel is effectively a group of street bosses.
All roads lead to New York.