Oldest Mafiosi in jail

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Snakes
Full Patched

Re: Oldest Mafiosi in jail

Post by Snakes »

ChicagoOutfit wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:05 pm
slimshady_007 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:46 pm
crazyjoegallo wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:55 am
slimshady_007 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:42 am Is Lombardo still at ADX?
Yes,at Florence ADX,I think that he will die here.
ADX is pretty extreme for a guy like Lombardo.
Exactly! What did he do to land himself in there?

Suspected of trying to conspire with a different prisons staff? Or suspected of giving orders from prison?

What other mob guys are at ADX Florence? Basciano?
Jimmy Marcello
Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dwalin2014 »

gohnjotti wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:17 am
TommyGambino wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:13 am
crazyjoegallo wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:39 pm
TommyGambino wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:53 am Joseph DiNapoli and Matty Madonna are both 83
They are both free.
Both locked up awaiting trial
Neither of them are locked up. DiNapoli was not held without bail and Madonna was released from prison on February 28, 2019.
But this article is from May 8, 2019, and it says Madonna was denied bail:

https://aboutthemafia.com/lucchese-fami ... other-snag

How is that if he has been free since February 28? I am confused, did they get the date wrong?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Quite sure Madonna is locked up awaiting trial. Unsure regards DiNapoli.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Ozgoz
Straightened out

Post by Ozgoz »

What do they do with Lombardo in the supermax at 90 years old? Surely they don’t have a 90 year old on 23 hours a day lockdown? Doesn’t seem physically possible if you’ve had a 90 year old in your family....they can barely even reach for the tv remote.
WHHAAT MUUUYDAAAAH???????
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Ozgoz wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:38 pm What do they do with Lombardo in the supermax at 90 years old? Surely they don’t have a 90 year old on 23 hours a day lockdown? Doesn’t seem physically possible if you’ve had a 90 year old in your family....they can barely even reach for the tv remote.
Who knows? The prison system in America is a joke. I'm not really in favor of treating these guys with kid gloves but the Supermax should really be reserved for the worst of the worst. Foreign and domestic terrorists, cartel bosses/drug lords, guys with a history of violence against guards or other inmates, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if they have Lombardo and Marcello both locked up there to give a message to what's left of the Outfit: this is where you'll end up.
Ozgoz
Straightened out

Post by Ozgoz »

Yeah indeed. I think also with the Outfit you’ve had a lot of history of them crossing into government affairs and all the heights they reached, you know the government has a long memory I should imagine this is their way of saying “no asshole, we win.”
WHHAAT MUUUYDAAAAH???????
crazyjoegallo
Straightened out

Post by crazyjoegallo »

Snakes wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:47 pm
Ozgoz wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:38 pm What do they do with Lombardo in the supermax at 90 years old? Surely they don’t have a 90 year old on 23 hours a day lockdown? Doesn’t seem physically possible if you’ve had a 90 year old in your family....they can barely even reach for the tv remote.
Who knows? The prison system in America is a joke. I'm not really in favor of treating these guys with kid gloves but the Supermax should really be reserved for the worst of the worst. Foreign and domestic terrorists, cartel bosses/drug lords, guys with a history of violence against guards or other inmates, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if they have Lombardo and Marcello both locked up there to give a message to what's left of the Outfit: this is where you'll end up.
Lombardo and Marcello was tied in a way or other in 18 murders during the 70s and 80s. Simply even if you are a old man the justice will make everything for let you die in prison. For me the Supermax prison should be reserved to all mafia boss or street boss.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

If the gov hits Vena with a RICO case, then im sure they’d look to send him to ADX since that’s what they did to Marcello and Lombardo.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Could it be because of the Outfit trying to get to Nick Calabrese before the Family Secrets indictments through US Marshall Ambrose, with Marcello and Lombardo thought to be members of the Outfit administration?
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Frank wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:39 am
Could it be because of the Outfit trying to get to Nick Calabrese before the Family Secrets indictments through US Marshall Ambrose, with Marcello and Lombardo thought to be members of the Outfit administration?
I just checked and Lombardo had "Special Administrative Measures (SAMs)" concerning his imprisonment; namely that he is required to live in "solitary confinement with restricted phone access, and no access to the media, books, or worship services." SAMs were created by the Department of Justice which

"authorized the Bureau of Prisons (BOP), at the direction of the
Attorney General, to impose special administrative measures
with respect to specified inmates, based on information
provided by senior intelligence or law enforcement
officials,…where the Attorney General has certified that
reasonable suspicion exists that an inmate may use
communications with attorneys (or agents traditionally covered
by the attorney-client privilege) to further or facilitate acts of
violence and/or terrorisms…"

Regarding Lombardo specifically, the Attorney General stated:

"Based upon information provided to me of Lombardo’s proclivity for
violence, I find that there is substantial risk that his communications or
contacts with persons could result in death or serious bodily injury to
person, or substantial damage to property that would entail the risk of
serious bodily injury to persons. Therefore, I am requesting that you,
pursuant to 28 C.F.R. Section 501.3, implement SAM to restrict
Lombardo’s access to the mail, the media, the telephone and visitors.
Implementation oft the SAM will commence immediately upon notice to
the inmate, and the SAM will be in effect for one year from the date of
my approval, subject to my further direction."

Now, this is only regarding the SAMs, as he has presumably fulfilled his one year, meaning he now has access to media, books, etc., although all prisoners at Admax, regardless of their SAMs, is in solitary confinement.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Snakes wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:53 am
I just checked and Lombardo had "Special Administrative Measures (SAMs)" concerning his imprisonment; namely that he is required to live in "solitary confinement with restricted phone access, and no access to the media, books, or worship services." SAMs were created by the Department of Justice which

Now, this is only regarding the SAMs, as he has presumably fulfilled his one year, meaning he now has access to media, books, etc., although all prisoners at Admax, regardless of their SAMs, is in solitary confinement.
Great info. Interesting. Now was the SAMs at the beginning of his sentence and completed years ago or was it extended. Has he been at this prison from the beginning of his sentence?
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Frank wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:08 am

Great info. Interesting. Now was the SAMs at the beginning of his sentence and completed years ago or was it extended. Has he been at this prison from the beginning of his sentence?
For some reason, they didn't put the restrictions in place until 2013. This was while he was still at Butner. You could presumably use the same justification for the SAMs as to why he is in Admax.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Snakes wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:16 am
Frank wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:08 am

For some reason, they didn't put the restrictions in place until 2013. This was while he was still at Butner. You could presumably use the same justification for the SAMs as to why he is in Admax.
It seems weird they waited 4 years to implement. Maybe he was trying to put something together to kill the rats.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Speaking of Lombardo, with the current Peter Gotti possibly being shelved news. The past rumor of Lombardo being shelved, maybe it is possible that it occurred when he went public through the newspaper article he put in the paper when he was released in 1992. Maybe Carlisi didn't like that at all, and thought it was a violation of omerta.
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

I think the worst is Raffaele Cutolo, he practically spent his life in jail.