General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

maxiestern11
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by maxiestern11 »

Napolitani, Calabrese and Siciliani are all considered southern Italians, separated from so-called northerners or “alto-Italiani” or “high-Italians”...... they speak different dialects, as do many Italian districts or regions, but are more like brothers.... southerners were considered from the poor “mezzo giorno” - “people of the mid-day”, not wealthy or educated as the northerners. Another reason for the “Honored Society’s” formation. So as to better their conditions.
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

My grandparents were from northern Italy (Venice & Bergamo). From what I understood, the North and the South do not like each other too much for a question of social rank (the north is richer). It is true also at home in France or England. I imagine that it is surely the same thing in your country in the USA .... But to come back to your question, the people of the South are rather in solidarity with each other there
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

The North of Italy always have the money and the power. They punish the South since hundreds of years. Even today, they put up their nose at us, like we're peasants. I hate the North.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:44 am The North of Italy always have the money and the power. They punish the South since hundreds of years. Even today, they put up their nose at us, like we're peasants. I hate the North.

Pogo
who always had the power in italy is the masonry, the masonry formed italy in 1860 with the help of sicilian mafia/camorra/ndrangheta in the south
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I was quoting Furio from the Sopranos by the way. :mrgreen:

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:09 am I was quoting Furio from the Sopranos by the way. :mrgreen:

Pogo
*spits*
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Does anybody know which Gambino solider from the 1980s went by the nickname “Frankie Martin”? Or were there any Gambino soldiers from the 1980s with similar names I.e. Frank Martino?

I ask because Anthony Russo testified that “Frankie Martin” was the first Gambino soldier he was on record with.

maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

His last name may have been “Barranca”
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

maxiestern11 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:57 pm His last name may have been “Barranca”
Good call Maxie, stupid of me not to have checked Pogo's Gambino chart first. Thanks for the help.

maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Always a pleasure for you
Rat
Straightened out

Post by Rat »

Has there been on documentaries on the mob in the 2000s to now? I’ve only been able to find documentaries on the mob pre 1995 except for one on Philly and one of Decavs that very very briefly touch on their early 2000s activity
Rat
Straightened out

Post by Rat »

any documentaries *
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Rat wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:32 pm Has there been on documentaries on the mob in the 2000s to now? I’ve only been able to find documentaries on the mob pre 1995 except for one on Philly and one of Decavs that very very briefly touch on their early 2000s activity
Not many documentaries i can think of that is just based on the mob in the 21st century. Only one i can tbink of is trevor McDonalds documentaries he did on the mob.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Rat
Straightened out

Post by Rat »

slimshady_007 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:42 pm
Rat wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:32 pm Has there been on documentaries on the mob in the 2000s to now? I’ve only been able to find documentaries on the mob pre 1995 except for one on Philly and one of Decavs that very very briefly touch on their early 2000s activity
Not many documentaries i can think of that is just based on the mob in the 21st century. Only one i can tbink of is trevor McDonalds documentaries he did on the mob.
Doesn’t have to be totally on the 21rst century just have more than “Oh yeah by the way the mob is still alive today it’s just not what it was” which is what most docs just tag on at the end
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Which family is more active- Chicago or Philly?
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.