Second suspect busted in execution of longtime Bonanno family associate "Sally Daz"

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Second suspect busted in execution of longtime Bonanno family associate "Sally Daz"

Post by Philly d »

Jbravo wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:33 pm Oh yeah even italian restaurants...its amazing really
I went to one in the Bronx last year and all the staff were Albanians. Not sure who the owner is.
Jbravo
Straightened out

Re: Second suspect busted in execution of longtime Bonanno family associate "Sally Daz"

Post by Jbravo »

Yes even on arthur ave..
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

Philly d wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:07 am Are you from NYC? You can lol all you want. You wouldn’t have an idea who the owner is or tell the difference. A lot of times they take on Italian names too. My two uncles and grandpa owned three pizzerias and all sold to Albanians. Also no one said Albanians run more more. Although I wouldn’t be surprised in Manhattan If it was true.
no, but i have relatives there
in italy there are more albanians than united states and they run amost nothing, anyway
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

ok well when you born and live in NYC then you can LOL and believe it. I won't say anything about who owns pizzerias/restaurants in Italy. Also, we are talking about the US versus Italy. We were only talking about NYC. I have no idea if Koreans or Albanians own pizzerias in Seattle.

By the way, my local bagel place was sold by jews to a pair of Indian guys. Welcome to 2019.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

Philly d wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:59 am ok well when you born and live in NYC then you can LOL and believe it. I won't say anything about who owns pizzerias/restaurants in Italy. Also, we are talking about the US versus Italy. We were only talking about NYC. I have no idea if Koreans or Albanians own pizzerias in Seattle.

By the way, my local bagel place was sold by jews to a pair of Indian guys. Welcome to 2019.
it has nothing to do with albanians running most pizzerias in new york, anyway, that is bullshit
Jbravo
Straightened out

Post by Jbravo »

Thanks philly d for confirming...no need for me to talk nonsense on here.
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

Jbravo wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:22 pm Thanks philly d for confirming...no need for me to talk nonsense on here.
You are right man! No need.
TwoPiece
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TwoPiece »

Idk about most, but there's a hell of a lot of Albanian-ran pizza joints in NYC. Shit, Patsy's in East Harlem is owned by an Albanian. Still great though.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Any updates on this case? It seem to be related to the Albanians?
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

slimshady_007 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:04 pm Any updates on this case? It seem to be related to the Albanians?
That was the theory but so far just a bunch of black guys charged. No Albanians.
All roads lead to New York.
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

TwoPiece wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:13 am Idk about most, but there's a hell of a lot of Albanian-ran pizza joints in NYC. Shit, Patsy's in East Harlem is owned by an Albanian. Still great though.
Patsys my favorite!
baldo
Straightened out

Post by baldo »

https://nypost.com/2019/06/18/mobsters- ... thru-feds/

A wiseguy’s son had him whacked in a McDonald’s drive-thru in the Bronx — and was behind the botched hit on his own brother — federal authorities in Brooklyn said Tuesday.

Anthony Zottola Sr. was named in a Brooklyn federal court indictment that charges him with murder-for-hire conspiracy, unlawful use and possession of firearms and causing death through use of a firearm.

Zottola’s father Sylvester “Sally Daz” Zottola was gunned down on Oct. 4 as he sat in an Acura SUV that was boxed in by other vehicles outside the fast-food eatery at Webster Avenue and Belmont Street.

The elder Zottola, 71, had ordered a medium coffee shortly before being shot in the head, chest and shoulder, law-enforcement sources have said.

The reputed Bonanno crime family associate is suspected to have run an illegal gambling operation involving “Joker Poker” video games.

“As alleged, Zottola Sr. set in motion a deadly plot to kill his father and brother, with Bloods gang members carrying out extreme acts of violence to collect a payoff for the hits,” stated United States Attorney Richard Donoghue.
“Zottola. Sr. and Shelton referred to the planned murders as ‘filming’ a movie, but thanks to the outstanding work of law enforcement, the ending of their plot will take place in a federal courthouse.”

And FBI Assistant Director-in-Charge William Sweeney said, “There is apparently no love lost between Mr. Zottola and his family members, so much so he allegedly hired members of the Bloods gang to kill his brother and father. After several botched attempts on both mens’ lives, sadly his father did not survive the last attack.”

“It looks like it was over the family business — the Joker Poker machines — and the son was looking to take over,” a source said Tuesday.

Investigators initially suspected the hit was ordered by rival Albanian gangsters who wanted to muscle in on the racket.

Anthony Zottola and nine alleged co-conspirators — several of whom were arrested previously — were awaiting arraignment Tuesday afternoon.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Holy shit.

Who would’ve thought eh.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

Wow. That's a big twist in the case.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Is Anthony Zottola, Sr a made guy?