Frank Cali shot dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Frank Cali shot dead

Post by Lupara »

mr white wrote:But I think the early reports of Comello having anything to do with Cali's niece were ruled out, no? I think there were law enforcement statements later that no connection to his niece was found and that those reports turned out to be false, no? Certainly there hasn't been any day in court yet to determine anything more, but nobody on either side of this has been talking about the idea of this being over a girl in a long time...
I've seen no such reports myself of LE refuting that. In fact, they share as little as possible when there's an ongoing investigation and an upcoming trial. Even Capeci repeated these claims during an interview.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Re: Frank Cali shot dead

Post by Stroccos »

500YearReign wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:39 am Johnny,

It seems like as soon as I posted the ecourts screenshots of Alfonso Comellos case on this forum it disappeared from the ecourts site the next day. It is still to this day not showing anything for Alfonso. Very suspicious and leads me to believe the Cali/Anthony Comello incident was intertwined with the Alfonso case.
He had court the next day and they filed a motion to seal the case , it was granted so will get no details about it
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
500YearReign
Straightened out

Post by 500YearReign »

Thanks Stroccos. I am still curious why the case was sealed for Alfonso comello. Due to the brothers case being so public? Or does it in fact have to do with these two situations being connected?

Guess we will have to wait and see how this all plays out but sealing a case especially of this nature is a very rare step to take from my experience reviewing public records.

Cases are typically sealed when there are active informants and continuing investigations and or investigative techniques which they want to keep under lock and key.

Anyone familiar with staten island advance news reports knows that they eat up stories like Alfonso's type and will update that story regularly until conclusion. Here it just goes totally dark.

Who was the woman whose house was burglarized and she had her teeth knocked out and was then tied up while two men ransacked her house? When I have some time I'm going to dig deeper on that house and block see what names pop out at us. Who was Alfonso's co-defendant?

I don't care to speculate or hypothesize much further however my radar has been tripped with all of these coincidences.

And as a final note, this Anthony comello kid, was pretty much born and bred on staten island, of Italian ethnicity, family at least cursorily connected....(from my research of the family who is at least three generations deep on the island.

I mean in my mind that equates to absolutely zero chance this guy didn't know who and what he was dealing with (cali/gambinos) and it wasn't over a piece of cooze. (Niece)
"People always underestimate me, Don."

<>

"You know what the real difference is between crooks and lawmen, Warden?

[Warden] Try me.

What side of the bars they're on."
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

He’s likely a nut job and/or has a huge ego.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Things that are utterly stupid and insane to us are reasonable to him.
johnny fazool
Honorary Member

Post by johnny fazool »

500YearReign wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:17 pm Thanks Stroccos. I am still curious why the case was sealed for Alfonso comello. Due to the brothers case being so public? Or does it in fact have to do with these two situations being connected?

Guess we will have to wait and see how this all plays out but sealing a case especially of this nature is a very rare step to take from my experience reviewing public records.

Cases are typically sealed when there are active informants and continuing investigations and or investigative techniques which they want to keep under lock and key.

Anyone familiar with staten island advance news reports knows that they eat up stories like Alfonso's type and will update that story regularly until conclusion. Here it just goes totally dark.

Who was the woman whose house was burglarized and she had her teeth knocked out and was then tied up while two men ransacked her house? When I have some time I'm going to dig deeper on that house and block see what names pop out at us. Who was Alfonso's co-defendant?

I don't care to speculate or hypothesize much further however my radar has been tripped with all of these coincidences.

And as a final note, this Anthony comello kid, was pretty much born and bred on staten island, of Italian ethnicity, family at least cursorily connected....(from my research of the family who is at least three generations deep on the island.

I mean in my mind that equates to absolutely zero chance this guy didn't know who and what he was dealing with (cali/gambinos) and it wasn't over a piece of cooze. (Niece)
Could it be possible the brothers (Alfonso Comello) crime and the victim are purposely not being tied together (other than the fact they really may not be tied together) is because to do so would point to premeditation on the part of Anthony Comello (Cali's assailant) which appears to be what Anthony Comello's attorney is steering away form and unwilling to admit to?

On the side of any benefit from the truth being revealed as well as the motive for killing Frank Cali could it be the victim of Alfonso Comello's crime is a close friend or relative to the Cali (Inzerillo) family and they would prefer not to be exposed any further in the media and to spare Frank Cali's family further pain? Although I am unfamiliar of any case were law enforcement would not arrest and prosecute based on sparing the crime victims family from further embarrassment of exposure and or emotional discomfort.

In this case the Comello brothers are responsible for creating victims as a result of their crimes whether the crimes are connected or not. Frank Cali and his family are all victims, Frank Cali being the primary because he is dead. The woman victimized during Alfonso Comello's crime is another. Not knowing who she is it is also unknown if she is a mother and if so then her children (or child is) are victims witnessing the condition of their mother as a result of the violence she endured, not to mention her parents, her siblings, spouse, significant other, etc.
500YearReign
Straightened out

Post by 500YearReign »

Checked on the Alfonso case number and was told "no information available" nothing zip zero!

So that is pretty much in line with what (forgive me if my memory is wrong), Stroccos said that the case was sealed the next day.

So many possibilities, maybe it was sealed for Alfonso's protection and it is totally unconnected to Anthony's case.

Maybe it is connected to the Cali murder.

Ultimately something will be revealed in time. Curious as f*ck though.
"People always underestimate me, Don."

<>

"You know what the real difference is between crooks and lawmen, Warden?

[Warden] Try me.

What side of the bars they're on."
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

They have been unusually quiet on Anthony Comello's case lately, nothing in the news on it at all. It went from heavy coverage to nothing fast. He may be working out a plea.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Comello will prob plead guilty pretty soon and he could end up getting around 20-40 yrs. He’ll prob spend the time in PC since he’d be a dead man in general population. He rly fucked up his whole life over a women he wasn’t going to get with. Pure stupidity.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
givememysocks
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by givememysocks »

How crazy would that be if Comello ended up in the same prison as Calis godson Vinny Arena. I bet he wouldnt hesitate to stab Comello 30 times like he did to that other guy.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

givememysocks wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:52 am How crazy would that be if Comello ended up in the same prison as Calis godson Vinny Arena. I bet he wouldnt hesitate to stab Comello 30 times like he did to that other guy.
That’d be nuts.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

slimshady_007 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:14 am Comello will prob plead guilty pretty soon and he could end up getting around 20-40 yrs. He’ll prob spend the time in PC since he’d be a dead man in general population. He rly fucked up his whole life over a women he wasn’t going to get with. Pure stupidity.
I think the same except I think a mental facility will be where he gets sent. If his lawyer is half way decent it's what he'll ask for in the plea agreement.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

slimshady_007 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:14 am Comello will prob plead guilty pretty soon and he could end up getting around 20-40 yrs. He’ll prob spend the time in PC since he’d be a dead man in general population. He rly fucked up his whole life over a women he wasn’t going to get with. Pure stupidity.
Couldn’t agree more with those last two sentences. Does this kid have a shot a winning an insanity defense if he proceeded to trial? There has to be more details that the police and legal teams aren’t sharing with us. This whole thing is just fucking bazar. At least if he was deemed insane, maybe...just maybe...the revenge if any would go away. A case like this happened in Pittsburgh in 1970’s. Nick Gelormini, a bartender at The Red Eagle Bar & Grill, which was owned by Mike Genovese and his brothers, shot and killed Mike’s brother Fiore for making fun of his mental challenges. LaRocca has to fly home from Florida to calm Mike down. They gave Gelormini a pass because he was mentally unstable...they viewed it as a freak accident by an insane man. His mental status certainly has something to do with this...this hit on Cali shook the NY underworld. I can’t believe Comello is that stupid. He’s got to have serious mental health issues. Can’t imagine what his family will go through for the rest of their lives.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

A dirty, rotten, double crossing (true) story of what happened to the Italian American mob

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/the-five-families
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Laurentian wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:48 am A dirty, rotten, double crossing (true) story of what happened to the Italian American mob

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/the-five-families
Thx for posting Laurentian! Great article.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP