Liborio T Bellomo

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

slimshady_007
Full Patched

Liborio T Bellomo

Post by slimshady_007 »

Anyone know anything much on Bellomo? All ik is that he’s Liborio S’s cousin and that they both have the same nickname.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Grouchy Sinatra
Full Patched

Re: Liborio T Bellomo

Post by Grouchy Sinatra »

Why do I get the feeling he's a front boss? Between that touching newspaper article about his daughter speaking on his behalf in court and his name being thrown around so much, it's unlike this family to have such a star as boss. They usually treat outsiders like mushrooms, fed shit and kept in the dark.
Glick told author Nicholas Pileggi that he expected to meet a banker-type individual, but instead, he found Alvin Baron to be a gruff, tough-talking cigar-chomping Teamster who greeted him with, “What the fuck do you want?”
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Grouchy Sinatra wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 4:48 pm Why do I get the feeling he's a front boss? Between that touching newspaper article about his daughter speaking on his behalf in court and his name being thrown around so much, it's unlike this family to have such a star as boss. They usually treat outsiders like mushrooms, fed shit and kept in the dark.
If ur talking about Liborio S Bellomo then I disagree. Bellomo was made when he was 20 and was groomed by the chin to one day take over the family. Also Barney’s name hasn’t been thrown around that much since his release from prison in 2008.
Grouchy Sinatra
Full Patched

Post by Grouchy Sinatra »

I'm sorry I didn't realize this thread was about the relative of his with the same name. And good points on his background. I meant that his name was thrown around among people who discuss the mob. Yeah he hasn't really been in the media. An intriguing figure for sure.
Glick told author Nicholas Pileggi that he expected to meet a banker-type individual, but instead, he found Alvin Baron to be a gruff, tough-talking cigar-chomping Teamster who greeted him with, “What the fuck do you want?”
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

From Gangland News, 17 Aug. 2006

Before his arrest, [Danny] Provenzano had been tape-recorded telling his victim that his mob superior, Barney Bellomo, was a "stone-cold killer" with a dozen hits on his resume and that Bellomo had demanded a $100,000 tribute from the insurance executive.
The following April, the New Jersey Attorney General's office subpoenaed Bellomo, who was then in a federal prison in Atlanta serving time for a 1996 New York extortion case, to appear before a state grand jury investigating Provenzano's activities.
Barney was not happy about that. Not only was the Mercer County prison a virtual hell hole compared to his digs in Atlanta – he was locked down 22-to-23 hours a day, he claimed – but he was the wrong Liborio (Barney) Bellomo.
How many Liborio Bellomos with the nickname Barney could there be? As it happens, there are at least two, according to affidavits submitted by the former acting boss, and Liborio Thomas Bellomo, a cousin who is a reputed Genovese family associate.
They are often confused for each other, with good reason. Their fathers are brothers, who, to make matters even more baffling, married a pair of sisters.
In court papers supporting his cousin, Liborio Thomas wrote that the two were often confused. Strangers "would incorrectly attribute to me things that were meant for my cousin," he wrote, "or they would attribute to my cousin, things that were meant for me."
More importantly, Liborio Thomas, who is two years older than his cousin, was sure that he was the Barney Bellomo that authorities wanted to question. He had worked for a Provenzano printing company for 11 months and was present at a meeting Provenzano had with his alleged victim the previous year.
Their complaints fell on deaf ears however. On successive days, state and federal judges rejected their arguments, and Barney – that is, the acting boss Barney – was granted immunity and ordered to testify, or face criminal contempt charges.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
givememysocks
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by givememysocks »

One of Barney s bellomo's sons is named liborio and nicknamed barney also. That makes three liborio barney bellomos in the same family lol
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Barney T. and Barney S. are double cousins. B. had a good thread going about the Bellomo family history.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3712
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

givememysocks wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 9:51 pm One of Barney s bellomo's sons is named liborio and nicknamed barney also. That makes three liborio barney bellomos in the same family lol
What a weird family lol
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

I’m surprised T Bellomo hasn’t appeared in any arrests. He’s been on the streets for more than 20 yrs since he was first mentioned. Pretty lucky guy.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Barney T. Bellomo's father, brother of Genovese soldier Salvatore Bellomo, may have been an Antonino or Antonio Bellomo. Would be curious if he was involved with the Genovese family as well given that info points to his father, brother, nephew, and son all being involved.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

B. wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:52 am Barney T. Bellomo's father, brother of Genovese soldier Salvatore Bellomo, may have been an Antonino or Antonio Bellomo. Would be curious if he was involved with the Genovese family as well given that info points to his father, brother, nephew, and son all being involved.
Isnt Barney s Bellomo brother in a law a made guy to, forget his name at the moment
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
givememysocks
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by givememysocks »

Stroccos wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:01 am
B. wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:52 am Barney T. Bellomo's father, brother of Genovese soldier Salvatore Bellomo, may have been an Antonino or Antonio Bellomo. Would be curious if he was involved with the Genovese family as well given that info points to his father, brother, nephew, and son all being involved.
Isnt Barney s Bellomo brother in a law a made guy to, forget his name at the moment
Gerald Fiorino. Not sure if hes made tho
MichaelGiovanni
Straightened out

Post by MichaelGiovanni »

givememysocks wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:46 am
Is Anthony Fiorino made? I know he was involved in a Carpenters union at the Javits center that was kicked out or something like that.
Nice rug ya got here kid...it’d be great for a craps game
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

MichaelGiovanni wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:51 am
givememysocks wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:46 am
Is Anthony Fiorino made? I know he was involved in a Carpenters union at the Javits center that was kicked out or something like that.
Barney married there sister in 1979 according to Anthony and what he told the ny times
I dunno if hes made but Anthony is Barney’s brother in law as well , I was basing it off what people said in the net about Gerald “Jerry “ Fiorino was made but I don’t see any substance behind it .
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
JesusMalverde
On Record

Post by JesusMalverde »

jerry fiorino and tony fiorino are both made one of their fathers (or maybe they're brothers) own a jewellery store in east bx