Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by CabriniGreen »

Frank wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:45 am I know we've touched on the subject of who exactly are the Musitanos. Are they independent Italian mobsters, LCN, or Ndrangheta? There has been a lot of articles written in the last few years about GTA. I've read certain articles that talk about the 7 clans of the Ndrangheta in the GTA. Most of the articles don't mention the Musitanos as one of the 7.
But they DO mention the uncle, Tony Musitano as a respected ndrangheta figure..... And I dont think the 7, ( 9, depending on what you read) have been all identified, have they?

Commisso, Figliomeni, Collucio-Aquino. These are the main ones I know about. Guys like Verduci, Bruzzesse, DiMaria, Racco, what clans are they actually beholden to was never really clear to me. Like there were 7 bosses, but 2 of the ones identified were Figliomenis. So to me, there was always at least ONE missing clan. We haven't even talked about the Ursinos.... There was not an Ursino listed as being one of the 7, is an Ursino one NOW? Who knows.....

How do you guys make the Musitanos as LCN with no family baffles me.... Who made em? Esp if not Buffalo?

You think they are Bonnanos, lol? Serious question here.....
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

I think all these people do business with each other, I see business allegiances more than deep organization ties...
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Lupara »

CabriniGreen wrote:
Frank wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:45 am I know we've touched on the subject of who exactly are the Musitanos. Are they independent Italian mobsters, LCN, or Ndrangheta? There has been a lot of articles written in the last few years about GTA. I've read certain articles that talk about the 7 clans of the Ndrangheta in the GTA. Most of the articles don't mention the Musitanos as one of the 7.
But they DO mention the uncle, Tony Musitano as a respected ndrangheta figure..... And I dont think the 7, ( 9, depending on what you read) have been all identified, have they?

Commisso, Figliomeni, Collucio-Aquino. These are the main ones I know about. Guys like Verduci, Bruzzesse, DiMaria, Racco, what clans are they actually beholden to was never really clear to me. Like there were 7 bosses, but 2 of the ones identified were Figliomenis. So to me, there was always at least ONE missing clan. We haven't even talked about the Ursinos.... There was not an Ursino listed as being one of the 7, is an Ursino one NOW? Who knows.....

How do you guys make the Musitanos as LCN with no family baffles me.... Who made em? Esp if not Buffalo?

https://nationalpost-com.cdn.ampproject ... ly-alleges

The Italian authorities allege that the seven primary ‘Ndrangheta families in the Toronto area are led by: Vincenzo Tavernese, 44, of Thornhill; Cosimo Figliomeni, 45, of Vaughan;Antonio Coluccio, 40, of Richmond Hill; Cosimo Commisso, of Toronto; Angelino Figliomeni, 47, of Woodbridge; Vincenzo “Jimmy” DeMaria, 56, of Mississauga; and Domenic Ruso, 65, of Brampton.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

CabriniGreen wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:54 am

Why do you think that it's not possible for them to be LCN members? One of my main points about the Musitanos is just because they were and are Calabrian, does not make it a slam dunk that they are or in the case of the previous generation were members of the Ndrangheta. Another point was maybe they were former and ended up made in the LCN and of course are no longer Ndrangheta members. Or it's possible they are neither and are independent, but associates to both groups.I'm
antimafia
Full Patched

Re: Pasquale (Pat) Musitano shot west of Toronto

Post by antimafia »

^^^^
Mobster Pat Musitano expected to survive multiple shooting

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton ... -1.5118664
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Article to which I've linked below is a day old.

MOB WAR: Theories abound on Musitano powerplay

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/ ... powerplay/
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

I never said I thought it impossible, I just dont understand how you guys arrive there...
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

antimafia wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:23 pm ^^^^

Is Pat the type of guy who will stay in Ontario and deal with the violence or will be gone?
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Lupara wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:20 am
Wiseguy wrote:And there have been some recent murders that seem to be more ripple effects of underworld fighting elsewhere in Canada rather than anything in Buffalo or anywhere else on the American side of the border.
I'd emphasize on seem and now it is you who is using speculation as an argument. I believe that Violi was made underboss for a reason and that is to reorganize and oversee the (old) Buffalo family's remaining operations in Canada from an official position. So imo it is more likely that the hits on the Musitanos are internal house cleaning than a ripple effect from Montreal.
I suppose it could be an internal thing involving just Canadian remnants of the Buffalo family. Still doesn't change the state of the family overall.
All roads lead to New York.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

JCB1977 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 3:38 pm
antimafia wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:23 pm ^^^^

Is Pat the type of guy who will stay in Ontario and deal with the violence or will be gone?
I doubt he is going anywhere. If he was, wouldnt he have left after they got his brother? He knew he had a target on his back.
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

CabriniGreen wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 2:51 pm I never said I thought it impossible, I just dont understand how you guys arrive there...
I heard that Dominic Musitano was made into Buffalo, but I haven’t been able to verify that, but Buffalo was said to control Hamilton at that time.

The Musitanos at one time or another had strong ties to the LCN families in Buffalo and Montreal (Bonanno/Rizzutos) according to Manning and this article in the Toronto Star. https://torontosun.com/2017/05/02/mobst ... 344f5a8530

Here is an excerpt:

“– One of Angelo’s nephews, Dominic Musitano, later headed up the crime family until his death from heart failure in 1995.

– Pat “Duke” Musitano, the eldest of Dominic’s three sons, took the reigns of the family business after his father’s death.

– The Musitano group hitched its wagon to the powerful Rizzuto affiliated crime groups in Toronto and Montreal.

– The Musitano family also at one time had strong links to the Todaro Crime Family in Buffalo.”

Then there is Peter Edwards article that says: “They’re all supposed to be under Buffalo," one source said of the two feuding Ontario crime factions."

None of this proves Musitanos are LCN or were part of Buffalo, but has led to this conjecture.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Lupara »

NickleCity wrote:
CabriniGreen wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 2:51 pm I never said I thought it impossible, I just dont understand how you guys arrive there...
I heard that Dominic Musitano was made into Buffalo, but I haven’t been able to verify that, but Buffalo was said to control Hamilton at that time.

The Musitanos at one time or another had strong ties to the LCN families in Buffalo and Montreal (Bonanno/Rizzutos) according to Manning and this article in the Toronto Star. https://torontosun.com/2017/05/02/mobst ... 344f5a8530

Here is an excerpt:

“– One of Angelo’s nephews, Dominic Musitano, later headed up the crime family until his death from heart failure in 1995.

– Pat “Duke” Musitano, the eldest of Dominic’s three sons, took the reigns of the family business after his father’s death.

– The Musitano group hitched its wagon to the powerful Rizzuto affiliated crime groups in Toronto and Montreal.

– The Musitano family also at one time had strong links to the Todaro Crime Family in Buffalo.”

Then there is Peter Edwards article that says: “They’re all supposed to be under Buffalo," one source said of the two feuding Ontario crime factions."

None of this proves Musitanos are LCN or were part of Buffalo, but has led to this conjecture.
I think even though their father was likely a Buffalo member, his sons were probably not inducted and so free to associate with another crime group (Montreal). Then with pressure from the increasingly powerful Montreal group the waning Buffalo family folded to Johnny Pops getting popped, and he may also very well at that time become disposable to Buffalo. So they gave the Musitanos permission to clip him and then forged a new business relationship with them for the sake of making money in joint ventures.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

@Antimafia

How large of a crew does Musitano have? Any allies in the area?
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Is there any other example of the LCN killing Ndrangheta members? I mean it probably has happened, but not very common. Their relationship with the Rizzutos and their location in Buffalo territory brings me to the possibility of them being made in the Buffalo or Bonanno family. But yes they have always been identified as Ndrangheta ever since I've heard of them. We don't really know if Buffalo is behind both Musitano hits. Violi says " they told him that Pat would be gone by Christmas" or " they were sending Pat a message". So who's they? Is it a Ndrangheta family that Violi is close to, and they told him that?
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 4:13 pm I suppose it could be an internal thing involving just Canadian remnants of the Buffalo family. Still doesn't change the state of the family overall.
i wouldn't call them just 'remnants', according to wiretaps there are ranks, about 30 made members, ceremony of initiations, murders, drug
it just seems that at least in canada the buffalo/magaddino family is still active