Ontario Mobster Angelo Musitano shot dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Ontario Mobster Angelo Musitano shot dead

Post by Etna »

Antimagia, I stand corrected. I have never seen this article. Considering he was part of the organization led by Fernandez, would it be safe to assume that he was killed by the Rizzuto faction as well?
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Etna wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:09 am Antimagia, I stand corrected. I have never seen this article. Considering he was part of the organization led by Fernandez, would it be safe to assume that he was killed by the Rizzuto faction as well?
Not safe to assume but okay to speculate about as a possible theory among other theories. Ranieri, were he not killed, might still have been a person of interest--maybe even charged--in the murder of Angelo Musitano and the attempted murder of Saverio Serrano (whose girlfriend, Mila Barberi, was killed by mistake). Both happened in Ontario.

Bear in mind that Ranieri's murder predates Al Iavarone's murder in Ontario by six or seven months. Contiguity is sometimes important, sometimes not--especially where revenge is concerned.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Judge recuses himself, adjourns bail hearing for one of three men accused in Musitano murder

https://www.thespec.com/news-story/9140 ... no-murder/
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

antimafia wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:26 am Judge recuses himself, adjourns bail hearing for one of three men accused in Musitano murder

Are these publication bans a normal occurrence in Canadian courts?
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

NickleCity wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:02 am
antimafia wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:26 am Judge recuses himself, adjourns bail hearing for one of three men accused in Musitano murder

Are these publication bans a normal occurrence in Canadian courts?
Yes, but publication bans, which also are imposed by judges in American courts, are often misunderstood.

In Canada, publication bans can be imposed for a number of reasons, but one very important reason overlooked by the public is that the name of an individual, when the name comes up during legal proceedings, must be kept private because doing so affords protection for him or her. The individual isn't always a criminal. The individual might actually be the victim of a crime.

The individual who is protected by the publication ban -- a victim, a witness (who could also be a criminal), and so on -- can request that a court end the publication ban when the individual no longer wants the ban to continue. For example, the victim of a crime may be approached by a writer who, after attending a trial, wants to collaborate with the victim on a book about the victim and/or the crime -- for the collaboration to happen, the victim has to request the publication ban be lifted.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Hamilton man charged in Musitano and Barberi murders seeking bail

https://www.thespec.com/news-story/9229 ... king-bail/
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Cross-posting.
______

Accused Killer's Bail Hearing

https://www.chch.com/accused-killers-bail-hearing/
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Evidence in at bail hearing for suspect in mob murders of Angelo Musitano, Mila Barberi

https://www.thespec.com/news-story/9235 ... la-barberi
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Interesting twitter comments by James Dubro to tweeted Humphries article on Tony Musitano’s death:

———————————

Ps: And is it possible as I’ve heard from those knowledgeable ppl on the street that Pat could have had own his brother Ang hit as internal discipline? Ang who was openly writing about his Mafia life did represent a big security problem for Pat & all the ndrangheta cells.

—————————-
Here is the link:

https://twitter.com/jamesdubro/status/1 ... 58816?s=21
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

It's hard to take Dubro serious anymore ever since he showed his face on television proclaiming Vito Rizzuto was done with and that he should retire, followed by Rizzuto killing all his enemies and retaking control of the Mafia.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

I'm suprised no one has mentioned here the hit on older brother Pat Musitano.
dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia »

He ain't dead yet. Crazy stuff!
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Lupara wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:34 pm I'm suprised no one has mentioned here the hit on older brother Pat Musitano.
Why? There is another thread dedicated to that.
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:30 pm
Lupara wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:34 pm I'm suprised no one has mentioned here the hit on older brother Pat Musitano.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4518
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Ontario Mobster Angelo Musitano shot dead

Post by Lupara »

JeremyTheJew wrote:
Fughedaboutit wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:30 pm

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4518
That's just weird (and embarrasing). For some reason that thread doesn't show up on my timeline in Tapatalk.