Frank Cali shot dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Cacuzza
Straightened out

Re: Frank Cali shot dead

Post by Cacuzza »

Frank Cali Birthday (2019).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nowandlater
On Record

Post by nowandlater »

Cacuzza wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:26 pm Frank Cali Birthday (2019).jpg
That's a nice belated birthday tribute ciuccio. Sad but nice. Thanks.
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

What the fuck is this thread now? Seems like some creepy shrine a bunch of dormant accounts have decided to meet at.
Cacuzza
Straightened out

Post by Cacuzza »

Camo wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:03 pm What the fuck is this thread now? Seems like some creepy shrine a bunch of dormant accounts have decided to meet at.
What do you care? We're awaiting news about the two brothers or anything new pertaining to Cali's death. In the mean time if you don't like it then don't click on it.
NothingNew44
Straightened out

Post by NothingNew44 »

Quiet out there....
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Cacuzza wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:30 pm
Camo wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:03 pm What the fuck is this thread now? Seems like some creepy shrine a bunch of dormant accounts have decided to meet at.
What do you care? We're awaiting news about the two brothers or anything new pertaining to Cali's death. In the mean time if you don't like it then don't click on it.
I submitted a rather large wide casting net records request lets see if they fuck up and send us the information we really want , only 3 problems it may get denied for being to broad , they want to charge allot of money for it and may take awhile to get , I think it would be interesting to see if this family in the home invasion has any connection to cali , which is doubtful but stranger things have happend.
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
bingo
Honorary Member

Post by bingo »

Thanks Stroccos. I notice they are keeping it secret as to when is the next time Anthony Comello has to appear (or at least his attorney) in court again. And as far as his brother Alfonso.Jr.'s case is concerned, that has all but disappeared. Talk about going underground.
500YearReign
Straightened out

Post by 500YearReign »

Looking forward to any info Stroccos thanks. If there is a hefty expense maybe a few of us can kick in to help.
"People always underestimate me, Don."

<>

"You know what the real difference is between crooks and lawmen, Warden?

[Warden] Try me.

What side of the bars they're on."
maloots
Honorary Member

Post by maloots »

"by Stroccos » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:31 am
I submitted a rather large wide casting net records request lets see if they fuck up and send us the information we really want , only 3 problems it may get denied for being to broad , they want to charge allot of money for it and may take awhile to get , I think it would be interesting to see if this family in the home invasion has any connection to Cali , which is doubtful but stranger things have happened."

Stroccos, if you can answer here (in the open), what kind of request was that? FOIA? FOIL (NYPD)? As far as cost, would it be cost for them to do the search? or cost per page? or both? as well as a few costs not revealed yet.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

maloots wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:00 pm "by Stroccos » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:31 am
I submitted a rather large wide casting net records request lets see if they fuck up and send us the information we really want , only 3 problems it may get denied for being to broad , they want to charge allot of money for it and may take awhile to get , I think it would be interesting to see if this family in the home invasion has any connection to Cali , which is doubtful but stranger things have happened."

Stroccos, if you can answer here (in the open), what kind of request was that? FOIA? FOIL (NYPD)? As far as cost, would it be cost for them to do the search? or cost per page? or both? as well as a few costs not revealed yet.
Foil nypd i did one by mail and one by email. most places its like 10-20c per page , the money comes in if they have to do allot of redacting or researching for your records. other places send you a estimated or cost sheet and once you pay they get you the records not sure how nypd works though , i requested 30 different things all about frank cali, most likely they all or most get denied because of the current investagation
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Email request has been denied

In regard to the document(s) which you requested, I must deny access to these records on the basis of Public Officers Law Section 87(2)(b) as such information, if disclosed, would constitute an unwarranted invasion of personal privacy.
Cacuzza
Straightened out

Post by Cacuzza »

Thanks Stroccos.
Cacuzza
Straightened out

Post by Cacuzza »

Article dated 04/18 on Staten Island live.com.

Indictment comes against alleged mob-boss killer: What Anthony Comello faces
https://www.silive.com/news/2019/04/ind ... faces.html
nowandlater
On Record

Post by nowandlater »

Indictment comes against alleged mob-boss killer: What Anthony Comello faces

Posted Apr 18, 7:19 PM

By Frank Donnelly | fdonnelly@siadvance.com

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. – Prosecutors on Thursday filed an indictment charging an Eltingville man with murdering mob boss Francesco (Franky Boy) Cali outside the victim’s Dongan Hills home last month.

Besides second-degree murder, the three-count indictment accuses Anthony Comello of two counts of second-degree criminal weapon possession.

The indictment offers no information about a possible motive for the alleged crimes.

The murder charge alleges Comello, then 24, intentionally killed Cali, 53, the Gambino crime family’s top honcho, on March 13 by shooting him.

The weapon charges accuse the defendant of illegally possessing a loaded firearm outside his home or place of business and of possessing a loaded gun with the intention of using it unlawfully against another person.

Comello is scheduled to be arraigned Wednesday in state Supreme Court, St. George.

He is being held without bail.

wo weeks ago, prosecutors announced the filing of a certificate of indictment at Comello’s last appearance in Criminal Court.

However, the specific charges were not set forth until Thursday’s filing of the indictment itself in state Supreme Court.

Police said the events unfolded at around 9:17 p.m.

Comello crashed into Cali’s Cadillac SUV outside the mobster’s home on Hilltop Terrace in what appeared to be a bid to lure the victim away from his family, said authorities.

Cali exited and after the two men talked, Comello fatally shot the victim on a residential street within earshot of several neighbors, police said.

After Comello’s Criminal Court appearance on April 3, defense attorney Robert Gottlieb said the incident is tied directly to right-wing hate speech and conspiracy theories found on multiple websites, and to Cali himself.

When asked what that link is, he responded, “I could, but I’m not going to discuss that further today.”

“This is not some idle speculation,'' said Gottlieb. “This is not trying to set up some legal defense,. We’re just talking about the facts, the truth.”

Sources have said Comello told investigators he feared Cali was going to come after him.

Gottlieb did not immediately return a phone call Thursday seeking comment on the indictment.

In the weeks leading up to the shooting, Comello attempted a citizen’s arrest on Mayor Bill de Blasio and other elected officials, said authorities.

The first time he appeared in court last month, after his arrest near his family’s second home in New Jersey, Comello revealed to reporters the words “MAGA” and “Q,” which he had scribbled on his hand.

Those referred to President Trump’s slogan “Make America Great Again” and to the QAnon conspiracy theory, which posits Trump is attempting to save the planet from a global pedophile human trafficking ring that involves high-ranking politicians and Hollywood figures.

Comello also reportedly wrestled with addiction in the weeks leading up to the incident, according to New York Times.

Comello made some cryptic comments to a reporter while in an Ocean County, N.J. jail awaiting extradition to New York.

“You shouldn’t believe in stories,'' the Daily News quoted Comello as saying. "Don’t believe in fairy tales.”

When the reporter asked if that meant he didn’t gun down Cali in a hail of bullets, Comello responded, “I don’t need to clear my name,” the News reported.

Gottlieb has declined to comment on whether his client had suffered from withdrawal or was suffering from a mental illness. He has not requested a psychological evaluation.
johnny fazool
Honorary Member

Post by johnny fazool »

From the article:

The indictment offers no information about a possible motive for the alleged crimes.

The murder charge alleges Comello, then 24, intentionally killed Cali, 53, the Gambino crime family’s top honcho, on March 13 by shooting him.

The weapon charges accuse the defendant of illegally possessing a loaded firearm outside his home or place of business and of possessing a loaded gun with the intention of using it unlawfully against another person.

What is the difference between that and premeditation?

He has not requested a psychological evaluation.

If they are going to make this into a nut case then why no pysch eval (yet)?

Sources have said Comello told investigators he feared Cali was going to come after him.

Comello went to Cali's house and intentionally hit his suv as a pretext to make contact with him. Cali was home with his family at the time minding his business. So because of Cali's alleged reputation and the fact that Comello (or his lawyer) claims he Comello became fearful of Cali, after what Comello provoked (while armed) after going to Cali's house to do it, it now becomes alright to shoot Cali because of who he is purported to be? What if Comello would have shot an innocent nobody next door neighbor of his parents instead? Would that be considered a worse offense? Cali was innocent in this matter too and so was his family who were there. Where is Comello's family in of this? They should of had him under better control if they were going to allow him to live with them and enable him.