General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

gohnjotti
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by gohnjotti »

I love predicting stuff like this even though I'm probably gonna be way off the mark. Fair warning; I'm talking entirely out of my ass.

The two FBI squads are the Bonanno/Colombo/Genovese crew and the Gambino/Lucchese crew.
For the first squad, they've just finished off a Bonanno indictment that flopped pretty miserably. But, my guess is, Lovaglio has probably sent the feds in all the right directions and I'll bet the feds are investigating some very good leads. I mean, Lovaglio's information secured the cooperation of Thomas “Sharkey” Carruba and that Stephen Sabella guy, right? With that, I'd say another Bonanno indictment is probably on the way, possibly to do with the Seccafico hit.

It doesn't seem like they have anything of substance on the Colombos. The busts there have been real plain and haven't really domino'ed up the chain. I mean, look at their recent Colombo busts. The Ciauri indictment was spurred by a deadbeat loanshark customer, the DiMatteo bust by an extortion victim. The Cerbone bust had a good informer, but he didn't go past street-level shit. I feel like this FBI squad doesn't have the resources anymore to pursue high-ranking Colombo cases, and none of their leads have progressed past the basic street-level crimes.

And lastly, the recent Genovese busts might be leading somewhere in my opinion. I'd be surprised if the Esposito bust and his brother-in-law's cooperation hasn't led them somewhere. Esposito is probably close to Bellomo given that Esposito is Chin's son and Bellomo was Chin's protege.

So between those three families which the one FBI squad is investigating, I'd have to bet that either the Genoveses or Bonannos are going to be busted again.

With the second squad, we've already got a solid Lucchese bust. I give it three years till another hierarchy indictment comes out. The Gambinos, however, are way overdue. Who knows if they had anything on Cali before his death but apparently the Zips in Brooklyn have been under some FBI scrutiny, but that's all street talk and inference.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Good post Gohn.

Solid reasoning and extrapolation 👍
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

gohnjotti wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:46 pm I love predicting stuff like this even though I'm probably gonna be way off the mark. Fair warning; I'm talking entirely out of my ass.

The two FBI squads are the Bonanno/Colombo/Genovese crew and the Gambino/Lucchese crew.
For the first squad, they've just finished off a Bonanno indictment that flopped pretty miserably. But, my guess is, Lovaglio has probably sent the feds in all the right directions and I'll bet the feds are investigating some very good leads. I mean, Lovaglio's information secured the cooperation of Thomas “Sharkey” Carruba and that Stephen Sabella guy, right? With that, I'd say another Bonanno indictment is probably on the way, possibly to do with the Seccafico hit.

It doesn't seem like they have anything of substance on the Colombos. The busts there have been real plain and haven't really domino'ed up the chain. I mean, look at their recent Colombo busts. The Ciauri indictment was spurred by a deadbeat loanshark customer, the DiMatteo bust by an extortion victim. The Cerbone bust had a good informer, but he didn't go past street-level shit. I feel like this FBI squad doesn't have the resources anymore to pursue high-ranking Colombo cases, and none of their leads have progressed past the basic street-level crimes.

And lastly, the recent Genovese busts might be leading somewhere in my opinion. I'd be surprised if the Esposito bust and his brother-in-law's cooperation hasn't led them somewhere. Esposito is probably close to Bellomo given that Esposito is Chin's son and Bellomo was Chin's protege.

So between those three families which the one FBI squad is investigating, I'd have to bet that either the Genoveses or Bonannos are going to be busted again.

With the second squad, we've already got a solid Lucchese bust. I give it three years till another hierarchy indictment comes out. The Gambinos, however, are way overdue. Who knows if they had anything on Cali before his death but apparently the Zips in Brooklyn have been under some FBI scrutiny, but that's all street talk and inference.
Good post, but what makes u think the feds might solve the Seccafico hit?
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
StandUpGuy
Straightened out

Post by StandUpGuy »

Wiseguy wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:36 pm
StandUpGuy wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:44 am Any activity left on Manhattan? Or it’s all dead.. besides Petey reds club anything else of notice left?
You mean social clubs or just general activity? Because there's frequantly cases out of the Southern District and Manhattan DA.
Im thinking more about general activity? Is the Greenwich village crew still active? Who is the captain?
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

slimshady_007 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:54 am
gohnjotti wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:46 pm I love predicting stuff like this even though I'm probably gonna be way off the mark. Fair warning; I'm talking entirely out of my ass.

Gang Land News, May 4, 2017:

Lovaglio was behind bars serving 10 years for federal convictions in both Brooklyn and Manhattan when Anthony (Little Anthony) Seccafico was murdered in 2009. Seccafico, 46, was killed a few blocks from his Arden Heights home at about 4:15 AM near the stop of the express bus he took to his job at a Manhattan construction company.

But sources say Lovaglio, who attended several "captains meetings" and Christmas parties with Bonanno family Administration members after he completed his federal prison stints in 2011, has fingered members of a Bronx-based Bonanno family crew as participants in the July 2, 2009 rubout.

The names of the suspects fingered by Lovaglio could not be learned. But as Gang Land reported right after Seccafico's murder, the mobster-laborer had rubbed several members of his Bronx-based crew the wrong way. Among them was then-capo, the late Patrick (Patty From The Bronx) DeFilippo, and soldier John (Johnny Joe) Spirito.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

gohnjotti wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:06 pm
slimshady_007 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:54 am

Gang Land News, May 4, 2017:

Lovaglio was behind bars serving 10 years for federal convictions in both Brooklyn and Manhattan when Anthony (Little Anthony) Seccafico was murdered in 2009. Seccafico, 46, was killed a few blocks from his Arden Heights home at about 4:15 AM near the stop of the express bus he took to his job at a Manhattan construction company.

But sources say Lovaglio, who attended several "captains meetings" and Christmas parties with Bonanno family Administration members after he completed his federal prison stints in 2011, has fingered members of a Bronx-based Bonanno family crew as participants in the July 2, 2009 rubout.

The names of the suspects fingered by Lovaglio could not be learned. But as Gang Land reported right after Seccafico's murder, the mobster-laborer had rubbed several members of his Bronx-based crew the wrong way. Among them was then-capo, the late Patrick (Patty From The Bronx) DeFilippo, and soldier John (Johnny Joe) Spirito.
Petey bs’s info gives the cops a lead but its a tough case. Very well planned and the guys who took part have kept real quiet about it.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Anyone know what crew recently indicted Gambino associate Anthony Pandrella belonged to?
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

slimshady_007 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:50 am Anyone know what crew recently indicted Gambino associate Anthony Pandrella belonged to?
I honestly thought he was with the Colombos but he hung around on 15th ave all the time near Romeo Bros and Lioni's. Everyone called him Anthony Cigars.
givememysocks
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by givememysocks »

Does anyone know anything about the guy named scopo on the left? Hes on this gambino chart and ive never heard of him before.
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

givememysocks wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:44 am Image

Does anyone know anything about the guy named scopo on the left? Hes on this gambino chart and ive never heard of him before.
Always thought that's one of thr Colombo fam Scopo brothers just put on the Gambino chart by mistake
StandUpGuy
Straightened out

Post by StandUpGuy »

Are there any known cases of made guys being killed for dealing drugs? Basically ”going against the rules”?
Super
Straightened out

Post by Super »

AlexfromSouth wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:59 am
givememysocks wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:44 am Image

Always thought that's one of thr Colombo fam Scopo brothers just put on the Gambino chart by mistake
sure scopo was knockin round with gene and the bergin crew but was made with the colombos like all his
family.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

Are there any good FBI reports that deal with the Bonanno war? I've read Man of Honor and Honor Thy Father, but I'm interested in how it was being reported at the time.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

https://youtu.be/MuGMURuX01c
Here’s a vid from the east coast lcn bust 3 years ago.
Spotted a couple of familiar faces, one if those is Bonnano soldier Johnny Joe Spirito Jr at 2:30.
MichaelGiovanni
Straightened out

Post by MichaelGiovanni »

slimshady_007 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:25 pm https://youtu.be/MuGMURuX01c
Here’s a vid from the east coast lcn bust 3 years ago.
Spotted a couple of familiar faces, one if those is Bonnano soldier Johnny Joe Spirito Jr at 2:30.
Lucchese soldier Paul ‘roast beef’ Cassano at 2:43
Nice rug ya got here kid...it’d be great for a craps game