Frank Cali shot dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

maloots
Honorary Member

Re: Frank Cali shot dead

Post by maloots »

Cacuzza wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:19 pm
johnny fazool wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:14 pm Hey Cacuzza take it easy on Lupara. Just the other day you said he was o.k. Are you o.k.?
Of course Lupara is o.k. And yes I am o.k. But you're not o.k. you stumblin mumblin fuck ya.
My my things have become uncivil rather quickly.
500YearReign
Straightened out

Post by 500YearReign »

Alright forum members, I'm just going to float this out there as food for thought:

Anthony Comello is 24 yrs old, his brother Alfonse? is 30 yrs.

Some months prior to Cali departing courtesy of Anthony, brother Alfonse allegedly brutalized a staten island woman, knocked out her teeth, tied her up, ransacked and burglarized her house.

As a victim of crime, her name and other details are redacted.

I think it is within the realm of possibility that this may be intertwined with the Cali situation.

Anthony has been indicted, so in the next year or so details will emerge in both cases.

FYI

In Todt Hill, on hilltop terrace noone is going to accidentally backup into another vehicle to park or otherwise. Residents park their vehicles in driveways, garages or right in front of their homes. The streets are scarce of parked cars and generally through-traffic is at a minimum.

So to backup and crash hard into Frank's vehicle was deliberate. Then to be dressed as Anthony was in hat/hoodie and wait for Frank to come out of his house, talk to him for one minute, hand him his license plate, shake hands and wait until his back is turned to start unloading 12 shots from a 9mm is just frankly hard to believe was not premeditated.

We don't have all the facts, however my intuition tells me there is a whole lot more to it than we are presently aware of.
"People always underestimate me, Don."

<>

"You know what the real difference is between crooks and lawmen, Warden?

[Warden] Try me.

What side of the bars they're on."
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

I don't think anyone is saying it wasn't premeditated, especially now.
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

Yeah that's a huge strawman, the prosecutions case is that it was premeditated what are you even talking about?
Cacuzza
Straightened out

Post by Cacuzza »

500YearReign wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:51 pm Alright forum members, I'm just going to float this out there as food for thought:

Anthony Comello is 24 yrs old, his brother Alfonse? is 30 yrs.

Some months prior to Cali departing courtesy of Anthony, brother Alfonse allegedly brutalized a Staten Island woman, knocked out her teeth, tied her up, ransacked and burglarized her house.

As a victim of crime, her name and other details are redacted.

I think it is within the realm of possibility that this may be intertwined with the Cali situation.

Anthony has been indicted, so in the next year or so details will emerge in both cases.

FYI

In Todt Hill, on hilltop terrace no one is going to accidentally backup into another vehicle to park or otherwise. Residents park their vehicles in driveways, garages or right in front of their homes. The streets are scarce of parked cars and generally through-traffic is at a minimum.

So to backup and crash hard into Frank's vehicle was deliberate. Then to be dressed as Anthony was in hat/hoodie and wait for Frank to come out of his house, talk to him for one minute, hand him his license plate, shake hands and wait until his back is turned to start unloading 12 shots from a 9mm is just frankly hard to believe was not premeditated.

We don't have all the facts, however my intuition tells me there is a whole lot more to it than we are presently aware of.
Thanks for all that 500YearReign. Very interesting. I wonder who the Staten Island woman is. It is hard to imagine Cali and his family were (or possibly were) victimized like this by a young punk and or possibly his brother too. I wondered if their father, who is supposed to be in the construction business was in debt to a shy-lock and the kid was trying to avenge his father or saw Cali as representing something that had a hook into his father (or family). Another wild speculation. That is sad news about the Staten Island woman. If she turns out to be part of Cali's family and they killed him too. It's almost too much.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

The Comello situation is a modern day version of Taxi Driver. He's a Travis Bickle type, based on everything that's come out. Angry young man. Conspiratorially minded. Terroristic threats. Attempting to get into trouble with a politician. Clearly mentally unstable. Interested in a girl. Murders someone who could be considered a father-figure to her
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

chin_gigante wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:31 pm The Comello situation is a modern day version of Taxi Driver. He's a Travis Bickle type, based on everything that's come out. Angry young man. Conspiratorially minded. Terroristic threats. Attempting to get into trouble with a politician. Clearly mentally unstable. Interested in a girl. Murders someone who could be considered a father-figure to her
This. +1 👍
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
nowandlater
On Record

Post by nowandlater »

chin_gigante wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:31 pm The Comello situation is a modern day version of Taxi Driver. He's a Travis Bickle type, based on everything that's come out. Angry young man. Conspiratorially minded. Terroristic threats. Attempting to get into trouble with a politician. Clearly mentally unstable. Interested in a girl. Murders someone who could be considered a father-figure to her
The thing that I can't understand is if he is a modern day version of Taxi Driver and he has a head full of conspiracy theory and paranoia (from whatever source, Internet, radio, etc.) what is the connection between all of that and an alleged organized crime figure?

Usually "organized crime" types tend to be (given all of their other sins and foibles) somewhat conservative and have (more or less) a seeming patriotic leaning.

My question is wouldn't someone like that (conservative) coincide with his own ideas and beliefs (minus the alleged criminal aspect)?

What I still can't understand is regardless of whatever ideas this kids head was full of, why is he targeting alleged organized crime figures?

I don't know what Qanon is or what any of that is about but are organized figures perceived as an enemy of these conspiracy people or the philosophy of Qanon? Why didn't he target Colombian criminals? Or go to Brighten Beach and try his luck with the Russians? Or any other group for that matter? Why Francesco Cali?
500YearReign
Straightened out

Post by 500YearReign »

I mentioned about premeditation because from what I have read Comello was arraigned for 2nd degree murder among other charges. Now the indictment is sealed so his charges are unknown. 2nd degree murder is not premeditated.

<>

[Warden] Try me.

nowandlater
On Record

Post by nowandlater »

500YearReign wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:37 pm I mentioned about premeditation because from what I have read Comello was arraigned for 2nd degree murder among other charges. Now the indictment is sealed so his charges are unknown. 2nd degree murder is not premeditated.
If the indictment is sealed, will it ever be unsealed and made public record? I don't know how this works. Thanks.
500YearReign
Straightened out

Post by 500YearReign »

Its interesting because a sealed indictment is usually utilized before a defendant is arrested. From Leagle Beagle:

Sealed Indictment Explained
When an indictment is issued on someone, it means he will be arrested and charged with the crime. A sealed indictment is simply an indictment that is kept secret from the public. At this point, no one can disclose the existence of the indictment so no one knows who is under investigation for a crime and what offense is alleged. At some appropriate moment which prosecutors decide, the indictment is unsealed and a warrant is issued for the suspect's arrest. So, while an indictment may start out sealed, it will become unsealed before the defendant goes to trial.

<>

[Warden] Try me.

500YearReign
Straightened out

Post by 500YearReign »

“Sealed Indictment” means that the indictment is not made public and is kept secret. The documentation resulting from the indictment is kept “under seal”, meaning that the public cannot access the records from the indictment.

An indictment may be sealed for several reasons, like to protect the identity of the victim or key witnesses involved in the case. However, a sealed indictment may become public later on after trial, when the seal is “lifted”.

<>

[Warden] Try me.

maloots
Honorary Member

Post by maloots »

500YearReign wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:16 pm “Sealed Indictment” means that the indictment is not made public and is kept secret. The documentation resulting from the indictment is kept “under seal”, meaning that the public cannot access the records from the indictment.

An indictment may be sealed for several reasons, like to protect the identity of the victim or key witnesses involved in the case. However, a sealed indictment may become public later on after trial, when the seal is “lifted”.
By having the indictment sealed who is that protecting, Comello or Cali'? Who determines and how are the charges decided (first degree premeditated as opposed to second degree, etc.)? I should have gone to law school so I could get myself out of jail. Oh wait a minute they already have a bunch of those, they're called jailhouse lawyers. Never mind.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

nowandlater wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:36 pm What I still can't understand is regardless of whatever ideas this kids head was full of, why is he targeting alleged organized crime figures?

I don't know what Qanon is or what any of that is about but are organized figures perceived as an enemy of these conspiracy people or the philosophy of Qanon? Why didn't he target Colombian criminals? Or go to Brighten Beach and try his luck with the Russians? Or any other group for that matter? Why Francesco Cali?
The vast majority of people who are murdered know their killers. From what's come out in the news, Comello knew, or was at least aware of, Cali through the niece. Based on what we know about Comello, he appears to fit the description of shooter-types. Whether or not Cali shared some of his political beliefs isn't really the point. The point is that the behaviour displayed by Comello in engaging in conspiracies, being looked at over terroristic threats, attempting to make a citizen's arrest of De Blasio, and scribbling on his hand in court suggests a deeply troubled, unstable and delusional mindset that predisposes him to outbursts of violence. His behaviour at the time of the murder reflects that as well, what with using his own truck, reversing into Cali's car, shaking hands, getting his prints on the license plate and talking to him for about a minute before opening fire.

On the issue of premeditation, based on Comello's behaviour and track record, I wouldn't be surprised if he drove to Cali's house with the gun without any clear intention to commit a murder. The lack of planning on his part would at least suggest that. It could be the case that he wasn't even fully conscious of why he was going there in the first place. But then the situation got to a point where Cali turned his back on him, and Comello saw an opportunity and opened fire.

I could probably write a lot more hypothesising exactly what was going on in Comello's head leading up to the murder but, to put it briefly, the human mind is an unbelievably complicated thing. Sometimes it does something as difficult to immediately comprehend as this. Maybe the answer to why Comello did this lies in something like Crime and Punishment instead of on a mob forum
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Cacuzza
Straightened out

Post by Cacuzza »

chin_gigante wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:34 pm
nowandlater wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:36 pm What I still can't understand is regardless of whatever ideas this kids head was full of, why is he targeting alleged organized crime figures?

The vast majority of people who are murdered know their killers. From what's come out in the news, Comello knew, or was at least aware of, Cali through the niece. Based on what we know about Comello, he appears to fit the description of shooter-types. Whether or not Cali shared some of his political beliefs isn't really the point. The point is that the behaviour displayed by Comello in engaging in conspiracies, being looked at over terroristic threats, attempting to make a citizen's arrest of De Blasio, and scribbling on his hand in court suggests a deeply troubled, unstable and delusional mindset that predisposes him to outbursts of violence. His behaviour at the time of the murder reflects that as well, what with using his own truck, reversing into Cali's car, shaking hands, getting his prints on the license plate and talking to him for about a minute before opening fire.

On the issue of premeditation, based on Comello's behaviour and track record, I wouldn't be surprised if he drove to Cali's house with the gun without any clear intention to commit a murder. The lack of planning on his part would at least suggest that. It could be the case that he wasn't even fully conscious of why he was going there in the first place. But then the situation got to a point where Cali turned his back on him, and Comello saw an opportunity and opened fire.

I could probably write a lot more hypothesising exactly what was going on in Comello's head leading up to the murder but, to put it briefly, the human mind is an unbelievably complicated thing. Sometimes it does something as difficult to immediately comprehend as this. Maybe the answer to why Comello did this lies in something like Crime and Punishment instead of on a mob forum
Thanks Chin for that reply. But there's just one thing that doesn't sit right. If Comello was a time bomb of sorts and he was (according to what you wrote) destined to do what he did to anyone at anytime for no apparent reason and without provocation, then why would he go specifically to Cali's hose and stage a fender bender when he could have just as easily walked to his parents next door neighbors house and used whoever was home at the time for target practice? There is something about him taking the time and trouble to drive to Cali's house and use the staged fender bender accident as a ruse to get him out of the house and then shoot him. There is something else to all of this. I am not implying an ordered mob hit, but I am not sure I accept (as his lawyer appears is going to have us believe) that this kid was programed in some way by the influence of the Internet and all the rest of it (it a matter of time before the claim of subliminal messages is rolled out). He specifically drove there armed and he forced Cali to come out by hitting his SUV. I am not so sure about the Qanon "psychosis" claim other than it appears to be more of a convenient legal maneuver more than reality. But who will be able to prove it and how will anyone know for sure.